I love how this piece tells a story.

The Mount being attacked while the rider is still examining a gem.

Will they be able to break free or not?

And I love the mushrooms and the bat they really complete the scene.

excellent-5d28308807.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MoonglowMinis said:

This turned out incredible!  It was fun watching the progress in your WIP thread.

Thank you @MoonglowMinis, I'm glad you like it and you enjoyed following the WIP thread.

2 hours ago, chaosscorpion said:

Wow you completed it already! That was quick.

Yes @chaosscorpion, I worked almost full time on it. I wanted to have it done before starting on something else. I have so many project ideas, I don't want to scatter too much.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love how this piece tells a story.

The Mount being attacked while the rider is still examining a gem.

Will they be able to break free or not?

And I love the mushrooms and the bat they really complete the scene.

excellent-5d28308807.jpg

Many thanks @Glitterwolf, I appreciate.

• Like 3
  • Metalchaos changed the title to Perils of the Underworld diorama

That is a WONDERFULLY imaginative creation, BEAUTIFULLY crafted, converted, & painted. I, of course, LOVE the mushrooms. VERY WELL DONE!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jawdroppingly beautiful, creative and evocative. It tell such a full story and every detail is spot on, the glinting gold chunks, the mushrroms, the roots, the bat... and your three main players are each full of character. I love this piece

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you!! @Iridil, I’m glad you like my little visual story. The only thing I didn’t plan and realized afterwards is that the cave wall itself seems to be alive. View from the front, the shape of the rock wall looks like the open maw of a monster, the stalactites and stalagmite being the teeth and the pink mushroom the eye. And view from the back the blue mushroom looks like the tentacles of an illithid. It’s weird how chaos plays random tricks on us.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      Bad photos, bad Bones cast, and tabletop paint job of Balto Burrowell the Gnome Wizard. Painted this one up as my sons kid character in hero kids. Fuego is a young kid who can cast some fire spells and has survived three adventures and he was on his own in the last one. 

I am really beginning to loath these older human sized minis, but this is the closest I had to a human child for his character. Fairly simple base coat, washes, and highlights. I was having a lot of problems with my skin tone paints being too thin (even after several minutes on the vortex mixer). I guess that is the pit fall of no painting for months outside of terrain. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, some more Underworld dwellers. Here are my 44045, Shrieking Fungi sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By R2ED
      2nd mini painted this weekend for Paint Club.  I admit this one posed some interesting challenges that I'm not super thrilled about.  Most of that is related to the lack of details to really draw out, but it also highlights my lack of ability to know how to help highlight that muddled scuplt.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Majority of Blink being armor made the choice for colors fairly easy.  I once again used the combo of the Gunmetal and Aluminum as the pairing.  I like it! 
      *  The purple and red seem to be an okay choice for the only real two tones in this model, but I'd like a bit more color.  Still a win.
      *  I really went back around 4 times to fix the skin.  I found that there were some mold lines I didn't quite scrape off that frustrated me, but even so the colors seem okay.  Reaper send me a SAMPLE color that's like THE COLOR of flesh that works in a pinkish hue that I love.  LOVE.
      *  The checkering I added to the helm seems to be a fun detail and helps bring out some of the helmet forward.  
      *  I used black ink to do black-lining which helped show separation between all of the plates.  Win!
      *  Eyes came out great.  I wanted to go back and add that little sparkle in the corner of the eye, but I think we all know that one-step-too-far we all can take when it's good enough and then it gets screwed up.  Holding back was the way to go.
      *  Trying a lot harder to work the hair with highlights.  Did a brown base, lined with brown liner between the strands, then highlighted with brown sand.  Works?  I think so.

Misses:
      *  The dark lining I end up with around the eyes needs to be drawn back further.  I can't seem to get around that.  It was really present around my Lysette work and shows up strong in this one, too.  Wah wah.
      *  I tried using brown liner to bring out the detail in the plates.  Wasn't strong enough and too runny in its medium, so I had to swap to black ink.  
      *  Not sure I'm a fan of the shield mix of tones with Gunmetal and Aluminium.  I think I need input there from y'all.
      *  The horsehair helmet with purple and red...may have been a bit much.  Color recommendations?
      *  I liked using a pinkish color for that vial hanging on her belt, but is it too bright?

Overall, this little model was not the easiest due to the carve of the model.  I do think that this was a great test to see how I could add to it, but still so much to learn on improving things like this with more free hand.

Any thoughts?

• By Maledrakh
      I am diving into some more of the white-undercoated Bones 1 models that are cluttering up my Drawers of Doom, models that for some reason or other have been stuck in limbo never to get to painted-heaven.
      This was painted mainly with the so-called "one and done" method; a single coat of Citadel Contrast paints on a white undercoat, apart from a few details in regular paint, such as the sword and belt buckle done in metals and the whites of the eyeballs. Some black used for blacklining around some of the edges and Vallejo Sand Yellow for the hair.
      The rim of the base needs a second coat of black.

77164 Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard.

Sculpted by Derek Schubert. 25mm base.

It was part of the "Half Sized Heroes" subset of the Bones 1 Core set.

• By Gantrell
      Simple paint job for the Mushroom King. I wanted it to be all white, like a typical mushroom from your refrigerator, but that was way too boring. But I do like the small pops of color here and there. 
      As always comments and critiques welcomed and encouraged!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)