Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This one is coming along nicely.
A few hours later got some highlights done. Antlers did. Skin on the face touched up. Beard kind of done. Eyes done...i think?
Next up will be the mouth and teeth.
I have no idea what to do with those strange ports on his head behind his eyes. Open for ideas.
Also struggling with beard and mustache on this guy.
Need ideas for his tail color. As well a need color ideas for spines on his arms and legs.
One of the others I plucked out of the Bones 4 set. It looked fun, so I grabbed it.
* Armor was a fun use of blues added in. I watched Dr. Faust doing something similar to create some really cool effects. Mine obviously not as good, but I think it was alright.
* The skin was a big win for me. I did it as a nice, slow build up and took my time with laying it up. It worked great on her face.
* I was getting lost in the tid bits on her belt, but just used browns and then hlghlighted them up. It actually worked out pretty well. Better than I intended.
* Cape was a slight win, but not perfect.
* Hair went better this time, but I'm still having a hard time pointing out where the light hights on the curved areas.
* NMM on swords. I tried it again and then failed. Wiped it out and covered it up with metallic.
* Flower should have been left with orange color and white tips, but I went too far by connecting the tips across. It lost the deail going with more white. Should have stopped.
* I started using purple ink to separate the plates, but it just wasn't working. I think I need to do more blacklining and not worry about adding in colors.
Overall, she looks good. The win here was the face and some of the highlights.
Progress photo (nearly last photo before finishing it off)
Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors. I think he came out okay. Sometimes simple is good, right?
* Cape and layers came out well.
* Staff shading was good.
* metal highlights worked out well. Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
* brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.
* The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough. I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad. Then went back and just did similar tones.
* I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look. Open to suggestions you may have.
* Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.
Open to feedback on this one.
I also need some good basing ideas.
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)