Adventures In A Cursed City

7VonWHd.jpg

Made a start by doing all the bits that needed drybrushing.

The axe head is Leather Brown with a Dry Rust Wash and a Fire Orange drybrush plus a bit of Oily Steel on the edge.

The fur on his hat and coat started with a base of Cold Grey/Ghost Grey, then drybrushes of Ghost Grey and Off-white, then some Brown Wash and then more drybrushes of Ghost Grey and Off-white.

Also did the top of his hat and shoulder-pad in Bronze with a Verdigris Wash, was going to drybrush it with more Bronze, but I thought it looked good as it was.

Next, I've got to try and find all the bits of zombie skin.

• Like 10

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jNPc3K3.jpg

I think I found all the skin!

It was done with a base of Dead Flesh, given a Purple Wash, then highlights of Dead Flesh and Dead Flesh/Off-white. The exposed gums and "skin holes" were done in Hexed Lichen/Off-white and the teeth and bones are Ochre Yellow with a Sepia Wash.

I also noticed his helmet has ear-flaps, I just did these in Red Leather.

I'll make a start on the coat next.

• Like 11

On 1/26/2022 at 7:16 PM, Rigel said:

Looking good and rotty! I love the contrast between the gums and teeth.

Thanks!

On 1/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, Samedi said:

Some very cool minis in this thread and I really love your painting style! 

How do you prime your minis, just a wash with brown liner?

Thanks!

It's just White Primer and then a good coat of Brown Wash.

EkiTsyB.jpgon7YWIB.jpg

I forgot to take piccys before slopping on the varnish, so he's still a little wet!

Did the main part of his coat in Hexed Lichen, with the recesses in Hexed Lichen/Pure Black, while the cuffs and straps are 3:1 Pure Black/Cold Grey with highlights of Cold Grey and Oily Steel buttons, this all got a Black Wash.

The coat them got highlights of Hexed Lichen and 2:1 Hexed Lichen/Ghost Grey and finally a glaze of Purple Wash.

Gotta get his belt done next, then I can finally paint his beard!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Love it so far!

Thanks!

7sG8ake.jpg

He now has a belt (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash with Oily Steel buckle) and a straggly beard (Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow > Fire Orange/Ochre Yellow/Two brushtipfuls of the previous mix > Red Wash).

No painting today (I've managed to hurt my arm while sleeping), but when I can get back to it, it's axe handle time.

• Like 9

On 2/2/2022 at 9:17 PM, Glitterwolf said:

I like that axe!

Thanks!

Thar's my trusty Dry Rust Wash in action again.

HyyuOKJ.jpg2TmjXKZ.jpg

Hit his boots with highlights of Leather Brown and Leather Brown/Iraqi Sand, did his base and he's done!

Taking a break to paint something else, then I'll be back to take another crack at that vampire.

• Like 9

A longer break than planned but I'm back at it!

WvzOWom.jpg

Never could figure out a way to do that much pale skin with my limited repertoire, so she's a vampire no longer, she's now an angry bestial thingy.

Basecoated her skin with Dwarf Flesh with a Flesh Wash, will try and finish it tomorrow.

• Like 8

hqq2bh4.jpg

Decided not to worry about her hair (It doesn't look that bad from other angles), and moved on to her armour and sword blade (1:1 Oily Steel/Pure Black > Oily Steel > Black Wash > Oily Steel > 1:1 Oily Steel/Chrome).

Not a whole lot left to this one.

• Like 9