Adventures In A Cursed City

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/18/2022 at 9:07 AM, mousekiller said:

Great work Aku!  Not sure how I missed all these, but really love them both!

Thanks! I'm getting through them slowly.

21 hours ago, chaosscorpion said:

It's strange,  I'm not seeing photos in your posts any longer aku-chan. 😥

Weird, not sure why it's doing that, I'm still directly linking them from my Imgur account like I have for ages.

ZSf7N1F.jpg

Painted her furry butt.

This was a base of 1:1 Cold Grey/Ghost Grey, with an Off-white Drybrush, followed by a Grey Wash and another Off-white Drybrush.

Also did her bra strap in Leather Brown and the handle of her sword in Brassy Brass.

Made a start on her base decoration with a basecoat of Steel Grey with a heavy Ghost Grey Drybrush and a Black Wash.

• Like 9

Finally finished Leaping Vampire:-

Hrl6QWV.jpgd3b1EsI.jpgLO6bTI4.jpg

Still not all that happy with her hair, but the rest turned out pretty good!

Got some more figures prepped:-

lp7CjFn.jpg

Watch Captain Helgrim, Vargskyr, Dangling Vampire and Torgillius the Chamberlain.

Varg and Torg needed some gap filling (Quite a lot in Vargs case!), which is something I'm slowly getting better at.

Going to start work on Torg tomorrow.

• Like 8

OQAxhDg.jpg

Doing all the bits that need drybrushing first, starting with his weird yoke (I think that's what it's called) thing.

It's a base of Parasite Brown, a coat of Brown Wash, drybrushes of Parasite Brown and Ochre Yellow, studs of Bronze and a Sepia Wash.

• Like 9

Some really interesting models Aku, lots of character to each and everyone!

Great start on this newest one!  Like one of those old school punishment/torture devices, called a pillory.  But this one is only around the head, like an ox yoke as you mention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 1:05 AM, mousekiller said:

Some really interesting models Aku, lots of character to each and everyone!

Great start on this newest one!  Like one of those old school punishment/torture devices, called a pillory.  But this one is only around the head, like an ox yoke as you mention.

Thanks!

On 4/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Those Undead and Varg are awesome models.

Yes, they are pretty nifty.

Finally made a bit more progress:-

W1ptLtG.jpg

Painted up his pets.

There's Sneaky the fox (Basecoat of Scarlett Red/Ochre Yellow > Drybrush of Orange Fire > Drybrush of Ochre Yellow, basecoat of Iraqi Sand on the tail tip, paws and chin > drybrush of Off-white, all over wash of Sepia Wash).

Squeaky the bat (Basecoat of Hexed Lichen/Pure Black > Drybrush of Hexed Lichen/Ghost Grey > Black Wash > Purple Wash, Dwarf Flesh in the ears),

Scratchy the rat (Basecoat of Stone Grey/Pure Black > Drybrush of Stone Grey/Ghost Grey > Black Wash, Dwarf Flesh on the tail),

And Sqwarky the crow (Basecoat of Stormy Blue/Pure Black > Drybrush of Stormy Blue/Ghost Grey > Black Wash > Blue Wash, Ochre Yellow on the beak and claws, Iraqi Sand on his note, both given a Sepia Wash).

That's all the drybrushing done, now I can start on Torg himself.

• Like 8

Progress:-

1WWwWUv.jpg

Finished his skin with highlights of Dwarf Flesh/Ghost Grey and Dwarf Flesh/Ghost Grey/Light Flesh.

He then got an eyepatch (Pure Black/Stone Grey > Stone grey), beard (Stone Grey/Ghost Grey > Black Wash > Stone Grey/Ghost Grey > Ghost Grey), hat (Scarlet Red, shaded with Scarlet Red/Sick Green, highlighted with Scarlet Red/Ochre Yellow then a Red Wash) and bandage (Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash > Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash).

Painting his inner robe next.

Edited by aku-chan
Missed the Other Media button by a surprising amount.
  • Like 9

Starting on this guy again:-

p5murwP.jpgG5n4cTe.jpg

Previously, I'd got stuck on his robe because from some angles it looked like there was an inner and an outer robe,  and it was just too confusing.

Had another look at it yesterday, and he just has the one robe, it was the shoulder straps for his weird noticeboard thingy pulling in his sleeves and making them look separate. 

So now I can continue!

The robe is a base of Scarlett Red, the deep recesses got a shade of 2:1 Scarlett Red/Pure Black, then an all over coat of Black Wash, tidied  up with some thinned Scarlett Red and highlighted with some 2:1 Scarlett Red/Dwarf Flesh, then an all over coat of Red Wash and finally another round of tidying up with thinned Scarlett Red.

Then the belts and straps were done (Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite > Brown Wash).

Trousers, boots and belt stuff next.

• Like 8

yKqDUjj.jpg

Painting lots of random bits.

A boot (1:1 Leather Brown/Pure Black > 1:1:1 Leather Brown/Pure Black/Bonewhite > Black Wash), a trouser leg (1:1 Magic Blue/Pure Black > 1:1:1 Magic Blue/Pure Black/Bonewhite > Black Wash), Cane decoration (Leather Brown > Bronze > Brown Wash > Bronze > Polished Gold), Candlestick (Same but with Brassy Brass), keys (Oily Steel > Black Wash) and a dagger (Leather Brown handle, Bronze decoration, Hexed Lichen sheath).

Just got to do his candles and noticeboard now.

• Like 7

ZhsVyGb.jpgkJuMIQZ.jpg

More little bits done.

Candles (1:1 Ochre Yellow/Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash > Iraqi Sand > Bonewhite with Pure Black wicks and a Fire Orange flame on the lit one),

Noticeboard (The ribbon is Hexed Lichen > 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Ghost Grey > Black Wash while the paper is Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash > Iraqi Sand > Bonewhite, I attempted to write "The End Is Nigh" on it, but my GH ran together, so I put a splodge of Red Wash on it, make it look like it got smudged by a bloodstain).

Just got to paint his bracers (Which I forgot about) and he's done. 

• Like 8