Scratchbuilt Noodle Stand

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. 

The sign is a bit of I think balsa wood? (I've had it lying around forever) That I shaped with sandpaper and some clippers then wrapped in thin cardboard to make the border. The letters are for scrapbooking . Then slathered the whole thing in many layers of mod podg. The pots are just paper I painted up with a little UV resin inside for the "broth" and more paper for the noodles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  I love the overall composition -- right from the get-go the "fresh NOODELS" {sic} sign is very eye-catching (nice effect with the contrast between the embossed letters and the free-hand painted elements!) but then I'm drawn in to see all those fine details -- the (no) specials board, the bowl of noodles on the counter, posters on the wall, monitor station in the back, etc.  I love visually exploring "micro-worlds" as exemplified by a wonderful terrain piece like this.  🙂  If I were playing a cyberpunk campaign with miniatures and THIS was on the table, my character would most assuredly have to pay it a visit simply because the minis piece looks so compelling and I'd think there was some more story to be discovered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I'm curious about: How did you do the embossed "FRESH NOODELS" lettering (with those letter tips that look like they're falling/peeling away)?  Was this repurposed packaging?  Pressed foam?  3D print?  Vacu-form plastic?  2D painting with trompe l'oeil effect that's just fooling my eyes?  😉