PRINTERRAVERSE KICKSTARTER. PRINTABLE MINIS AND TERRAIN

LEGENDARY ROME

MYTHICAL JAPAN

CELTIC FABLES

Choose 1, 2 or all 3.

.afbeelding.png.94da7f253d9e9f95f0f22cb9440952a5.png

I almost backed for ROME and JAPAN, but somehow the proportions of the humans seem a bit off?

They look like their legs are too long?

I'm in doubt, I like a lot of it, but something looks odd about them.

Is this just me or am I right?

Maybe a sculptor like @TaleSpinner can tell me if I'm right?

Examples

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 103958.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 104013.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 104042.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 104121.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 104137.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what it is, but the propotions look off to me as well.

It may be that they've been sculpted to realistic proportions, which just don't work for miniatures, but it definitely seems like the legs are too long and the arms are too short

• Like 3

I haven't plegded (yet) because of it.

I did ask and I got a response but not sure if this is enough to change my mind,

Petty, because I could use a Legendary Roman Set and Mythological Japanese stuff is always my thing.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-14 152405.jpg

• Like 2

@ratsmitglied

I asked them again and told them what you said.

They are friendly and all but it seems they will keep it this way.

Unfortunate, because I really would have wanted them if the proportions were right.

afbeelding.png.ac03079a269c4d055e7dedcc2faae725.png

• Like 1

Even with 'realistic' proportions their legs and arms seem out  to me

Probably because you need to exaggerate the fine detail to get it to print, but then they haven't exaggerated the arms and legs to keep the look right

Victrix are known for having almost realistic proportions to thier plastics and they don't look out of whack like these do

Paul_O_Gorman_1_2048x.jpg?v=1601559535

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was also a comment from a guy who wrote historical books about Roman Legions etc.

It seems they are friendly in their answers, but it will not lead to changes.

It's all : we like how our models look and more like that.

There are enough people liking them to make the KS a succes so why bother making changes to attract even more buyers?

I'm not going in.

• Sad 1
On 5/14/2021 at 3:44 AM, ratsmitglied said:

I'm not sure what it is, but the propotions look off to me as well.

It may be that they've been sculpted to realistic proportions, which just don't work for miniatures, but it definitely seems like the legs are too long and the arms are too short

I don't mind realistic proportions - I do think they can work for minis. Look at some of Dark Sword's figures as examples.

The poses on these are really awkward and limbs aren't quite right. They remind me of Lego people with stiff joints.

• Like 2
On 5/14/2021 at 5:44 AM, ratsmitglied said:

it definitely seems like the legs are too long and the arms are too short

You are just not used to looking at humans…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, TGP said:

You are just not used to looking at humans…

I worked out why they look wrong - because they've exaggerated the detail on the armour, but the legs and arms have been kept at realistic sizes

So they look like 5ft people in armour designed for people who are 7ft tall

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.