• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job @Fencig, your efforts to figure out how to take these photos have paid off. It is always difficult for me as well to take satisfying pictures. Part of the image is often blurry or sometimes oversaturated. In your case, I think the darker background really helped.

As for the diorama, it is fantastic. Your scene is very well balanced, the pale skin tone of the necromancer contrasts nicely with the whole thing and catches the eye as the main focal point. I also love the rusty effect you made on the metallic elements. Thumbs-up!

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the positive feedback. There's always that middle ground between the idea in your head and what actually happens on your work-bench. I'm Pretty happy the 2 aren't too far apart.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:34 PM, Rigel said:

A fantastic scene! Love the crows in the dead tree. 

Further evidence that necromancers hate pants as much as they love summoning the undead!

LOL, that's hillarious. My wife said " what's she doing, getting kidnapped?" I said no she's summoning the undead. " Why does she have to do it in her underwear?"

On 5/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, Metalchaos said:

Part of the image is often blurry or sometimes oversaturated. In your case, I think the darker background really helped.As for the diorama, it is fantastic. Your scene is very well balanced, the pale skin tone of the necromancer contrasts nicely with the whole thing and catches the eye as the main focal point. I also love the rusty effect you made on the metallic elements.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:36 PM, Iridil said:

Wow - great photos of a fantastic and dynamic scene - I like how the earthy tones shift up to grey/white

This one was an oddball for me. Typically you want your Dioama to be bright and Colorful, but it was too much for an undead scene. It's the first time I've used software to alter a scene but i used A simple global Color balance to dull the colors down.  It's still too bright, but if i could make my scenes look this I'd quit my day-job

On 5/15/2021 at 12:25 PM, Glitterwolf said:

excellent-2b613228b8.jpg

• Like 2