Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Here's a few things you may (or may not) find interesting that happened on July 9th:

• 1877 – The inaugural Wimbledon Championships began.

• 1922 – Johnny Weissmuller swam the 100 meters freestyle in 58.6 seconds, breaking the then-world swimming record and the first to break the 'minute barrier'.

• 1937 – The silent film archives of Fox Film Corporation were destroyed by the 1937 Fox vault fire.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference between an Indian restaurant and a Vietnamese restaurant?

Spoiler

Indian places are naan profit, and Vietnamese places are pho profit.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8
40 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Not until the end of the work day 😐

39 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Don't remind me!

Mine is done!! Vacation started as soon as my finger left the last button on the time clock!!

• Like 10

Yay Friday.  I am over sitting upright today.

Neck is mostly better, only a tiny bit of stiffness if I turn my head quickly.  Center of my back is still a knot of angry muscles but less lava, and my right shoulder mostly functions to just shy of level with the ground. I am down to only taking the prescription meds to sleep though and getting by with alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen and liberal applications of the heat pad during the day.  So Progress?  

bicycle wrecks - 1 star, do not recommend. 

I now have to start shopping for a new helmet though, because I intend to get back on that aluminum horse soon, gotta make sure I'm ready for September.  I hate shopping helmets.  My giant melon of a head severely limits my options.  The one I smashed last weekend was one of only 2 in the shop at the time that would fit me and it was the least uncomfortable, lol.  And of course it's not available any more.  On the plus side, I'll be able to be sure I get one with MIPS this time.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Slept for like...2 hours, maybe? last night. I feel like I've been pretty productive. I got a little more of that blog post written. I got some embroidery done for my October advent calendar. Now I just need to work up the energy to go wash the car...soonTM.    

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hrmph..All of us are vaccinated Oldest Vixen only got one shot and needs the second one..

Aaaaanndd now youngest tested positive.

One of her friends tested postive after feeling like having a cold, then she started to feel like having a cold...and bingo.

So..she's confined to her room.

We will stay at distance.

Biggest problem, Oldest Vixen switched sportsclubs so she wanted to say goodbye to the kids she trained by going out for icecream this saturday.

That won't happen now.

Also she was going to look at a house...won't happen.

So she's sad and furious at the same time.

She thinks Youngest should not have gone out with the person that got it first because she wasn't in her bubble and not one of her closest friends.

Let's just say I rather go peacekeeping between two warring tribes than this..

Many younger people are going out again, most have had one or two shots already.

They should keep their distance, but... yeah... that's what's happening.

The younger ones won't ( usually) get really sick and most seniors have had their shots.

Now hoping we will not get sick, if we do the vaccin is supposed to make sure nobody gets it bad.

As our rules stand now, we won't have to do anything till we develop symptoms since we're vaccinated, but oldest vixen needs to be tested because she only got one shot yet.

With a little luck she's negative and then she can at least go see the house.

It will be too late for the goodby icecream though.

Praying for you all here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had to run errands this morning.

Leaving the neighborhood I spotted what I thought were two turkey vultures dining on a rabbit.

When we got home I looked it up and it's about 99% positive for turkey vulture.

We have 3 wild horses in the local area on a regular basis, stallion and two mares, that we passed by on the way out, plus other small groups scattered all over the valley.

Errands successfully run, MAMA had her hair done, and the lady who runs the shop she went to is from the same town in California [Antioch].  That makes two people from Antioch that we know of who also live in our area of Nevada.

Temps are supposed to remain in the triple digit range for the foreseeable future.  Guy is supposed to check out our AC unit this afternoon.  Brand new system and it's giving every indication of being low on charge as the unit is icing up.

Everybody stay safe and enjoy the weekend.

GEM

• Like 7