Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

I played a remote game of 40mm 18th century imaginary countries warfare last Sunday (which is gaming as usual for our group), and have spent the rest of the week considering projects, painting, and playing. Notice that I said considering, rather than doing any of those things. :rolleyes:  As a result, though, I dug through my boxes of partially completed things yesterday to see what 40mm I had “in progress”.  It looks like I could paint if I felt like it. ::D:

0DB23914-FDD5-4FC8-808A-31B78FB3A4E8.thumb.jpeg.f9af560c7c5bc0f638230be520313ba5.jpeg

I really need to buckle down and get my retirement planning in place, because the only way I’m going to catch up with things is to give up working…When Bones 5 arrives, I’m going to be like a snake that has swallowed a goat (or, more realistically, a second, third, or fourth goat).  My thought right now is that I need to separate the painting from the playing (in my mind) so that I am contentedly playing games with what I already have finished to a playable level without worrying about painting more stuff, and contentedly painting what I feel like painting,  without worrying about when it will be used in a game.  I somehow doubt that I can keep these separate, though…

Tonight, though, it won’t be either.  This will be the first time my wife and I have gone out to a social ballroom event since the Before Times.  Hmmm….come to think of it, this will be the first time we will have gone out dancing since we got married last summer, during the Plague Times.

• Like 13
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Did Sadie cancel Painting Platinum today?

She did. Found this on Discord:

Sadie — Today at 1:38 PM

No Painting Platinum today, maybe next time. Thank you

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear about everyone having medical related difficulties.

Personally, I spent another night in Migraine Land with way too much time trying to call Ralph on the porcelain telephone.

Still have the queasy stomach and light sensitivity but the axe-in-the-forehead headache is starting to ease off.

GEM

• Sad 11
9 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Let's educate ourselves!

HOW TO PRONOUNCE "PHO" PHỞ CORRECTLY IN SAIGON DIALECT - Learn Southern Vietnamese

[Watches video]

I'm... I'm going to keep embarrassing myself in Vietnamese restaurants. How can single letters have so many instructions?! I'm sticking to "Fuh" like "fudge".

po.jpg

• Haha 8

Today was MIL's 72nd birthday. We spent about 4 hours doing one of those wooden puzzles that look like animals and other weird shapes. It took 4 of us. I'm glad Husband convinced me to get a much, much smaller puzzle than I'd originally planned.

20210710_143043.thumb.jpg.9240ac17a115a3543b641739254c7ede.jpg

20210710_174905.thumb.jpg.cf31220599ee858d6fbadc620e87be0f.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 19
4 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Today was MIL's 72nd birthday. We spent about 4 hours doing one of those wooden puzzles that look like animals and other weird shapes. It took 4 of us. I'm glad Husband convinced me to get a much, much smaller puzzle than I'd originally planned.

20210710_143043.thumb.jpg.9240ac17a115a3543b641739254c7ede.jpg

20210710_174905.thumb.jpg.cf31220599ee858d6fbadc620e87be0f.jpg

Beautiful. I hadn't heard of this type of puzzle before, any search terms you can suggest? 

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Beautiful. I hadn't heard of this type of puzzle before, any search terms you can suggest? 

If you want one with the animal shapes I looked up "wooden puzzle animal pieces" on Google and it came back with a bunch of stuff. I think I got that during Prime day for like 5$US.

• Like 6

On this day, July 11th, the following things happened:

• 1735 – Mathematical calculations suggest that it is on this day that Pluto moved inside the orbit of Neptune for the last time before 1979.
  • 1893 – The first cultured pearl was obtained by Kōkichi Mikimoto.

• 1914 – Babe Ruth made his debut in Major League Baseball.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Youngest Vixen still in isolation, the subject behaves well, seems to clean up her own habitat and she does eat the food we leave at her door.

Oldest Vixen tested negative today which is a relief since she only had one shot of pfizer yet.

Animosity between the two vixens has waned off, peacekeeping is no longer a necessity, we told Brutus to stand down.

My girl and me will be tested upcoming Tuesday.

She has had two Pfizer shots and I have had one Janssen which should be enough.

Neither of us has had any symptoms so far ( of course whatever happens it will always be my fault which is the burden we poor men have to bear)

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2

I ordered from Reaper on Friday before I remembered that the latest Bones KS stuff is shipping... <_<

I'm not looking forward to going back to work. I didn't get a raise and they're "talking about" with the clients. Who, given our staffing levels, are particularly happy with us. Honestly, at this point, I'm going back to waiting for the company to fall apart and just relaxing on unemployment for a few weeks before getting another job. Or I might just apply for another job. I don't know. I'm not mad, mostly amused at the whole thing.

I need to get ready for bed soon but I'm going to try and do some writing. I might try to paint next week as it's looking like we're going to drop out of the 80s halfway through the week.

• Like 9

Visited the housemate in hospital, she's doing okay, already off the ventilator and everything, shouldn't be in there much longer.

I also accidentally picked up a can of citrus pale ale (All I saw was the word citrus) on the way home, blargh! I never will get the whole "booze" thing.

• Like 10
42 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I ordered from Reaper on Friday before I remembered that the latest Bones KS stuff is shipping... <_<

I ordered on Tues and it came yesterday.  Finally got all the RVE sci-fi models from earlier this spring.   It'll be a good day for painting.  Cloudy and cool, dropped from 94 to 70F.  Woke up with a sinus headache anyway but it should be gone soon. 

8 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Visited the housemate in hospital, she's doing okay, already off the ventilator and everything, shouldn't be in there much longer.

I also accidentally picked up a can of citrus pale ale (All I saw was the word citrus) on the way home, blargh! I never will get the whole "booze" thing.

Best wishes for the housemate's recovery.

And that does sound nasty. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

He Did It!

Sir Richard Branson has been to the edge of space as the last test flight before commissioning for regular tourist trips of the Unity Spaceship.

Wife and I had the privilege of seeing the first test flight out of Mojave of Spaceship One and were there when it was announced that Branson was partnering with Scaled Composites [Dick Rutan's Company] to begin the venture which has reached its penultimate goal today.

GEM

• Like 7

I just stumbled across GMM Studios on the web. Even if you have 0 knowledge about/interest in either of GW's versions of Warhammer, you ought to check out the site, he does some amazing stuff.

No link since he does sell stuff, just google GMM Studios.

• Like 8