Jump to content

Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Thing is, the way they were originally written wasn't ambiguous at all - it was literally written to change one thing, and only one thing from N3 to N4: how models fit through doors and in between buildings.  N3 version was if base doesn't fit you don't, N4 rule was changed to half width because it made more sense plus allowed more adventurous players to make use of gaps between buildings.  That and while a human does have broad shoulders (especially in combat armour) it isn't hard for them to say, take off their backpack, turn a bit and oh hey, I can fit through this gap... 

 

I still love though that with just how high the Maghariba Guard is that to go up a level in most terrain it's a standard movement - no climbing or jumping involved - and it's kind of funny when an opponent forgets this. 

Spiderbot climbing effortlessly, I am shocked 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

 

 Watching a movie tonight turned into me reeading the forum instead. I blame all of you...

 

Finally got around to mostly inventorying my Bones 5 haul. Instead of getting two of the middle fingers I got two ballistas, one of the vamps from the Ravenhome diorama is a duplicate (two ladies with goblets, mussing one of the other vamps), and my ogre porter from Brinewind box is missing his damn head, grrr...

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Seems like the purpose of tournaments is to break the game. Considering how competitive the scene is, unfortunately there are WAAC players that will try to squeeze every tiny advantage possible out of the ambiguity in the rules.

You have just described exactly why I have never participated in tournaments. At least not minis/gaming related ones.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

 

 Watching a movie tonight turned into me reeading the forum instead. I blame all of you...

 

Finally got around to mostly inventorying my Bones 5 haul. Instead of getting two of the middle fingers I got two ballistas, one of the vamps from the Ravenhome diorama is a duplicate (two ladies with goblets, mussing one of the other vamps), and my ogre porter from Brinewind box is missing his damn head, grrr...

ah I'm still trying to inventory stuff. I figure it'll take the better part of a few weeks to figure out if minis are missing limbs

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

That's always hard. I've been there and almost made the same choice, but for the fear of making my mom cry. It's better now, but it was close . So if you need anything or just a strange guy on the other end of the internet tubes to talk, and remember, you didn't know. In most cases no one could have, so don't let the ache of 'I could have done something' gnaw at you.  

More that I saw one sign - homelessness, but assumed that he would know enough to keep on keeping on.

 

I did not have a lot of contact with him, but I should have looked when I saw that one sign.

 

Homelessness in this area is pretty unforgiving - the shelters are full past their limits, rents are disproportionately high.

 

I was too caught up in my own life and problems, and did not look to see. I didn't even know that he did not have any local family as a support.

 

It would be easier if I had not previously helped others - I know that this is something that I could have given some help with.

 

The Auld Grump

On 7/18/2021 at 12:26 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I dunno, I kind of prefer the side effects of becoming a werewolf... 

 

Howling at the moon, running around in just shorts, getting a nice six or eight pack, the ability to really be a portable blanket heater... Acute night vision... 

Side effects may include metal allergies, digitigrade articulation,

uncontrolled and  undesired growth of body hair,

and an overly keen awareness of both flood and neap tidal influences.

Please consult your physician before undergoing Lycanthropy.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Side effects may include metal allergies, digitigrade articulation,

uncontrolled and  undesired growth of body hair,

and an overly keen awareness of both flood and neap tidal influences.

Please consult your physician before undergoing Lycanthropy.

*writes prescription for colloidal silver*

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*writes prescription for colloidal silver*

 

Isn't that the stuff that turns you blue if you eat it?

 

On the topic of colours, I've been off work all week because of my hurt finger. Naturally, I've been painting minis. I used a GW colour called World Bearers red to drybrush the flames of my flaming elementals and I used the discontinued Reaper deep amethyst for the purple undercoat on my new Bones 5 leucrotta. The result of all the drybrushing meant that my hand was quite saturated with a dark red and purple blend. Today I saw my GP about the original wound on my finger, but he was initially quite worried about the paint, which looked like another giant bruise or abrasion!   

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to put this in a No Megans thread - then reaized that it is a public building, and her character might well have been there.

 

I picked up a BIG map for the Queen's castle in the Cops game - more palace than castle, at this point, though it started as a castle.

image.thumb.png.8e26f025016656c9d7a592f323665373.png

 

A proper castle for a Goody Two-Shoes Queen.

 

The Auld Grump

34 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

 

Isn't that the stuff that turns you blue if you eat it?

 

On the topic of colours, I've been off work all week because of my hurt finger. Naturally, I've been painting minis. I used a GW colour called World Bearers red to drybrush the flames of my flaming elementals and I used the discontinued Reaper deep amethyst for the purple undercoat on my new Bones 5 leucrotta. The result of all the drybrushing meant that my hand was quite saturated with a dark red and purple blend. Today I saw my GP about the original wound on my finger, but he was initially quite worried about the paint, which looked like another giant bruise or abrasion!   

Silver Nitrate can also turn you blue.

 

And very dead.

 

There was a case, in New York, I believe, where eleven men were poisoned with Silver Nitrate when a restaurant worker mistook it for salt. (Silver nitrate used to be used in corning meat.)

 

Early Twentieth Century.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

 

Isn't that the stuff that turns you blue if you eat it?

 

On the topic of colours, I've been off work all week because of my hurt finger. Naturally, I've been painting minis. I used a GW colour called World Bearers red to drybrush the flames of my flaming elementals and I used the discontinued Reaper deep amethyst for the purple undercoat on my new Bones 5 leucrotta. The result of all the drybrushing meant that my hand was quite saturated with a dark red and purple blend. Today I saw my GP about the original wound on my finger, but he was initially quite worried about the paint, which looked like another giant bruise or abrasion!   

I thought that was smurfs. ::P:

 

And you know the rules: if you paint your hand, you have to post a photo of it. ::D:

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

 

It would be easier if I had not previously helped others - I know that this is something that I could have given some help with.

 

 

 

Even then, one cannot always be there for everyone.

Don't blame yourself for missing a signal, sometimes that happens, if the person had asked for help or reached out things might have been different.

So it's more than just one factor.

It's sad and I understand the feeling, but you never know how these things play out.

Even if you had been able to help and gave some direction/advice/connect to people in the field, it might have still ended this way.

Nobody can tell.

 

You have helped people before, you will help more people in the future.

Just don't blame yourself that you can't save them all.

There are so many people out there that we never meet or know who are in such trouble.

Be the best person you can be, but don't feel guilty about this please.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...