Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for July 20th:

• 1807 – Nicéphore Niépce was awarded a patent by Napoleon for the Pyréolophore, the world's first internal combustion engine, after it successfully powered a boat upstream on the river Saône in France.

• 1968 – The first International Special Olympics Summer Games were held at Soldier Field in Chicago, with about 1,000 athletes.

• 1976 – The American Viking 1 lander successfully landed on Mars.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Baked an Apple/Raisin/Rum Cake last night.

20210719_215428.jpg

When I was in the Navy and stationed in Groton, CT we were having a going away party for one of the guys in the shop. One of the girls had decided to bake a rum cake and bring it in for the pot luck lunch we were having. Things were going well until she realized she had no rum extract. Being a good sailor, she improvised and used real rum instead.

Quite a bit of it. 

It was a very good cake.

39 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for July 20th:

• 1976 – The American Viking 1 lander successfully landed on Mars.

Thus providing the inspiration for all those Viking on the moon memes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
9 hours ago, Corsair said:

ACME.jpg

It's a change of pace from all the billionaires going to space.

[Googles Wile E. Coyote's net worth, just in case.]

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Wow a morning where it isn't blazing already. Forecast calls for scattered showers, but I think that will only bring lightning & that is a very bad thing around here right now. Bootleg Fire over in Southern OR  is showin it's affects in the air here as the skies are just a dingy grey. Sun is a just bleh behind the sky right now. Sunsets it's a large ball of orange. Air Quality is good thou, at least today, the past few days you could feel it in the air. I read a article that the fire is creating it's own weather system due to it's size (bigger then Los Angeles & growing) & the intense heat coming off it.

One of the reason why I'm not a fan of summer, but anymore it's a way of life now in the West.

Working on RCon stuff before I crash. We are now at 6 hours on the non-load nights so yah I gotta burn off the extra couple hours I worked before I'll even think about trying to fall asleep.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Seems like the purpose of tournaments is to break the game. Considering how competitive the scene is, unfortunately there are WAAC players that will try to squeeze every tiny advantage possible out of the ambiguity in the rules.

And this is why I...

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You have just described exactly why I have never participated in tournaments. At least not minis/gaming related ones.

Yeah. Exactly. It's also why I never played 40k in a store. I don't play games in stores at all anymore because of stupidity and jerks. The two seem to pop up together a lot. <_<

• Like 5

From Reaper Discord:

Kwindylarue, Mrs. Buglips — Today at 11:35 AM

Reminder: There is no Crow's Nest this afternoon! The bus will roll back around next week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow my girl and me will go on a little vacation to a Hotel in the city of Emmen.

That's in the Northern region of the Netherlands in the Province of Drenthe.

Brutus will stay with the Vixens.

Not sure who will be committing the worst shenanigans but I'll bet they will have fun together.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

My knee itches horribly. Got popped twice by my bees taking off a honey super. Stupid me was in shorts. 

At least they didn't decide to go further up the shorts!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1