Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

It is a vague approximation of the sound that a cranky Alpaca makes....which is about the only time they seem to make much sound

Oh I'm aware, but now I have to keep track of another splinter group in order to keep the balance between all factions. It's a hard job doing this behind the scenes, you know.

• Haha 6
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I guess I have a miniatures problem, and admitting it is the first step to doing something about it. ūüėõ¬† We're about to start a new D&D game tomorrow, and the DM¬†asked what we wanted to be. ¬†"A human bard", said I. ¬†I thought about minis, and thought that, since Reaper Bones hasn't had a male human bard (except for the dual axe wielding skald fellow), it might be fun to do something Stonehaven for a change. ¬†I checked their web site, found that they had one, and that it had been part of the Adventurers 2020 Kickstarter Set, which I had backed and received. ¬†I have the nifty little sleeping dragon at my bench, to prove that I got them. ¬†However, I cannot find the rest of the minis anywhere. So...I ordered another one. ¬†Doubtless that means I will find them shortly...

• Haha 13

Woke up this morning to a foggy horizon and the yuck of smoke in the air.

Later I found out that apparently Canada's burning.

The good news:

I mostly work inside.

There was supposed to be this annoying, ultra-loud festival dealio right outside my workplace, which will likely either be cancelled or have a very small crowd. Which means peace and quiet at work.

The bad news:

Smoke.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Speaking of miniatures problems....

I was sitting  here "working" and verifying everything was in Bones V core box, and I got an email from Quartermaster Logistics to verify my address for Wave 2 of Infinity Defiance.  I glance at the wave 1 boxes on a shelf, still mostly in shrink wrap, and seem to recall that I ordered a LOT that is in the 2nd wave.   

Hopefully I can finish going through Bones V before the Infinity Defiance stuff arrives.  Especially since wave 2 of the Battletech KS should be shipping within the next month too..

Oh, the problem?  I'm running out of room again......

• Haha 11

Thank you everyone for the furniture suggestions, they've all been very helpful! We've just always sort of put up with whatever was available (it was discovered that camping chairs are a poor substitute lol), but now that we're more permanently settled, I want to make our new gaming space as comfy as possible. ^_^

Next step: DECORATIONS! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 15
7 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Oh, the problem?  I'm running out of room again......

I'm thinking it's time for some sort of miniatures potlatch, or perhaps a hobbit birthday party, where I give presents to everyone.  I wish it was as easy to paint as it is to buy...

I should tell @Chaoswolf that I need to be a BoGW box starter again next time around...and that it should go to a different address at the end.

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 5
24 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Thank you everyone for the furniture suggestions, they've all been very helpful! We've just always sort of put up with whatever was available (it was discovered that camping chairs are a poor substitute lol), but now that we're more permanently settled, I want to make our new gaming space as comfy as possible. ^_^

Next step: DECORATIONS! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot ūüėĄ

So, I understand there are all these companies building dedicated gaming tables... 

*flees*

• Haha 11
44 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

So...I ordered another one.  Doubtless that means I will find them shortly...

Well, the joke's on me, as expected.  I found them on the 4th try.  Good thing I only ordered the one ...

• Haha 8
22 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm starting to get to the point where I can start setting up our Sweet Gaming Basement with new furniture, and I'm pretty excited. Our dining table, which has served many noble years of multipurpose use, is finally restored to its proper use and location, while I'm looking at basic (cheap) tables we can buy two of and push together to make an Ultimate Square-ish Gaming Table of Awesome. I found a great option at Walmart, and now I'm hunting for chairs.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot ūüėĄ

little late to the convo, but as someone who long ago sold his soul to sweedish flatpack furniture, I've a 4x4 Kallax with a pair of linnmon tabletops attached to it that makes for a very nice craft room work table a little over 4' square. (albiet with one side not all that useful as it has the cube shelves on it).  You could just go with two of the linnmon or lagkaptan tables.  they even have adjustable height legs.....

no

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

So, I understand there are all these companies building dedicated gaming tables... 

*flees*

Oh believe me, I've been drooling over them like crazy, but given that ones in the size we'd need cost about the same as a car down-payment, they'll have to wait. Maybe I can make that my midlife crisis item. :lol:

31 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I know a good glass artist.

*flees in Sylverthorne's footsteps*

Indeed, and lovely work she does too, but I doubt your wife could do a big mounted dragon head for a price that wouldn't cause our budget to run screaming. :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Haha 11
6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Woke up this morning to a Tracking number for a package from Reaper - since I already got my Bones 5, I can only assume this means the RCon swag bags are shipping now. 

I got my tracking number yesterday. I assumed this was what it is. Otherwise, I've been sleep shopping and that doesn't seem ideal...

Bones V showed up last night. Watched the delivery man through the doorbell app. At least he used a hand truck. Husband took the boxes upstairs. I emptied the one with everything minus boat into those reusable grocery bags and brought it all back downstairs to inventory.

We got through the core set. It took like 2 hours and then I wanted to go to bed. So we've got the rest to do today! And tomorrow...and the day after and...well hopefully it doesn't take much longer than that.

I am not sure we're doing this inventorying in the most convenient fashion but it's getting done. Waiting for Husband to get up from nap so we can continue.

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I doubt your wife could do a big mounted dragon head for a price that wouldn't cause our budget to run screaming. :upside:

True. The gaming table would be more practical, if you're going to make your budget scream. 

• Haha 4