Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

What is that from? I would love it for Starfinder or Heroclix

Looks like part of the G.I. Joe line.  Just search "aces high gi joe."

I'm not finding current references for it, so I'm guessing it's out of print.

See next post for better information!

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Looks like part of the G.I. Joe line.  Just search "aces high gi joe."

I'm not finding current references for it, so I'm guessing it's out of print.

manufacturer is lanard, line is called "the corps"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess I should have dug deeper!  Thank you for the correction, that explains part of why I was having a tough time finding more than a few references.

And I've redone the dividers for my other paint case (ArtBin Super Satchel type)!  Twenty-four compartments that each hold six Reaper paint bottles (144 paints).  The little canisters were diabetic test strip containers that Ma Strawhat insisted I needed.  That was several years ago, so either she was prescient or I just eventually found a use for them.

20210729_215111.jpg.8580504d243f600d5a4980aacd045063.jpg

• Like 6

Gotta be out the door early in the morning, so history trivia is coming early for Friday July 30th:

• 1859 – The first complete ascent of Grand Combin, one of the highest summits in the Alps, by Charles Sainte-Claire Deville.

• 1932 – Premiere of Walt Disney's Flowers and Trees, the first cartoon short to use Technicolor and the first Academy Award winning cartoon short.

• 2006 – The world's longest running weekly music show Top of the Pops was broadcast for the last time on BBC Two. The show had aired for 42 years.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The Battle of the Bones has begun.

Himself has laid claim to the pirate ship, meself has laid claim to several dragons, the undead giant, the dwarf tomb, and ALL the spiders.

Need the spiders for this week, and will paint them for next week.

Jen Jen is gonna hate the next few weeks, she HATES spiders an driders.

Also, I may have finished off the whiskey sours. ^_^

• Like 11

Fun fact from Norway; The Rock band The Dogs(played warmup for Bruce springsteen in Oslo in 2016) probably have THE most METAL item for sale out of their van after a consert, ever! A 42Kg manhole cover. And not only have they managed to sell over 100 of them(Ulefoss, the manufacturer, gave them a 'Gold manhole cover' award for 100.) In fact, their 2020 Crossmaker album was financed by selling manhole covers.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

I sense some kind of back story there....

Have a good Friday, everyone. I'll see you all tomorrow; my wife and I are going out this evening to celebrate our 21st anniversary. (It was actually Wednesday, but we were both working)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
43 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Have a good Friday, everyone. I'll see you all tomorrow; my wife and I are going out this evening to celebrate our 21st anniversary. (It was actually Wednesday, but we were both working)

Happy anniversary to you both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I'm outside this morning after getting home from work & I'm primering hopefully the last few pieces for Rcon this year. I'm waiting for a couple to  dry before applying a spray basecoat, I look up & I see a female red squirrel in the branches.  I feel like she is judging me.....:huh:

20210730_102713.jpg

20210730_103738.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Hey frens. I wrote an "Alex Jones style lizard spaceman conspiracy theory meets Spelljammer lizard man lore" poem, and I think it's hilarious and low-key the smartest thing I've ever written, and it's out in an online mag today. I'm excited, and I'm in search of the incredibly small audience out there who also will think it's funny. Plz reed & thx.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
54 minutes ago, haldir said:

So I'm outside this morning after getting home from work & I'm primering hopefully the last few pieces for Rcon this year. I'm waiting for a couple to  dry before applying a spray basecoat, I look up & I see a female red squirrel in the branches.  I feel like she is judging me.....:huh:

20210730_102713.jpg

20210730_103738.jpg

*chitters judgementally*

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I sense some kind of back story there....

Not really. They just wanted 'something special', the world's heaviest band merchandise...

Most of the covers have been bought by local concert halls, and placed in the road nearby(with permission from the local authorities, of course), but some have actually been bought by fans....    

Here's a video of the casting process.

https://www.facebook.com/thedogsoslo/videos/382606288978645

Their latest idea?  

The made a vinyl cake out of their latest record...  

https://www.facebook.com/thedogsoslo/videos/time-for-cake/4081067228653403

30 sets of 2 'cakes' (A and B side) 

The 'cakes' are made up of sdifferent size vinyls stacked on top of each other and glued in place. 

Price for a set is 5000NOK(about $550, I think ) 

The layers aren't pressed, they're cut individually, so the poor guy who produced them had to listed to the same songs 300 times... 

So, no there won't be produced more of them. Ever. 

• Like 6