Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

5 hours ago, VitM said:

Well, he makes his own out of stray bits of paper and yarn. :lol:

Just as a true artist should! Ours is a sellout who relies on the big river site for his  :ph34r:

DSCN3269.thumb.JPG.e118d955deb40d5d0ebe65fdcde831b4.jpeg.2d0a61258ad911a22dda47a8da9b6854.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Mad Jack beat me to it; I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about when you referenced that ad. 

I've never quite found the perfect miniatures to do a perfect recreation of her...

On a vaguely related note, my first experience with the product in question involved being dared to try it while sitting around a fire out in the woods during the winter, and me grabbing the bottle, chugging a good quarter of it, and then proving what a manly-man I was by stripping down to my underwear and (since I didn't have a polar bear to ride) going for a swim in an icy pond.  ::D::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Wow. I've actually painted this week!! Granted it's not award winning painting but I'm chopping away at the RCon games pile. I need to finish up a couple groups of figs before I crash for work tonight. Off I go!

• Like 11
24 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I've never quite found the perfect miniatures to do a perfect recreation of her...

Yup, I've had that project floating around in the back of my mind for quite a while, too.

• Like 6

I'm so mad at the post office in town today. I live in a little village and popped in to get my book, which was delivered this morning. Paizo publishing knows what posties do to books, so they post them in what is essentially a tiny cereal box for books, thereby making it virtually impossible to bend the books and stuff them in the box. I bought a book from Amazon, because I can no longer afford the international postage to subscribe to Paizo's books. I got to the post office and gave them the tracking number. Usually they fetch the card from the box and give me the parcel. Not today. Today they rolled it and stuffed it in the box. I said it's going to be perma-bent, it's a book, please go get it. Nope. No key, no business. I told them that there would be a BIG DEAL (tm) if they didn't get it, because it would be all bent and I would have to complain to Amazon, and the post office supervisor and there would be so much more trouble than just giving me the book. There was a lot of gesturing with my talon as well. I was contemplating French, because they weren't understanding me. No dice.  

Mumsy lovingly drove into town and picked it up for me.  But you'd better believe there's going to be a complaint letter. I was already hot, now I'm hot and bothered. 

• Sad 15
7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Just as a true artist should! Ours is a sellout who relies on the big river site for his  :ph34r:

DSCN3269.thumb.JPG.e118d955deb40d5d0ebe65fdcde831b4.jpeg.2d0a61258ad911a22dda47a8da9b6854.jpeg

Why is there not a Catbat Bones mini? I found one definite in metal (#03977, Mercurix, winged cat, by Julie Guthrie), and one possible (the wings might be feathered, hard to tell from picture).

image.png.463ba109d1a007801a5d633f31202a05.png

Mercurix

image.png.493429ececaf52f051ee625dfbbd34da.png

Familiar pack III

This guy looks like those might be feathered wings on him to me.

• Like 8

On another note, I did some experimenting in the kitchen today. We had some bananas that were getting.... elderly. Rather than discard them, I made what I am going to call "Cuffins".

Cuffins

3 soft bananas

3 cups soy flour

3/4 to 1 cup crushed almonds

6 eggs

2 Tbsp Stevia sweetener

1/4 cup water

About the ingredients: The soy flour and Stevia are due to the wife and I both being type 2 Diabetics, so I use bean flours for baking, etc to increase fiber levels and reduce carbohydrate content. If you have a Indian grocer near you, gram (lentil) flour is a staple. If not, you can frequently find bean flours in the organic/health food sections of a standard grocer. As a brand, I can recommend "Bob's Red Mill", I have had good results from them and they do an Almond flour as well.

To continue:

Put bananas, flour, almonds, and eggs in a mixing bowl and mix well. I used a standard potato masher for this, followed with a spoon to get the stuff on the sides of the bowl. The water can be added if you have smaller eggs, so as to give the dough a muffin batter like consistency. I recommend adding the stevia to taste, after the dough is thoroughly mixed, as you may like a different level of sweet than I prefer.

I did these like drop biscuits onto a foil covered pan with cooking spray (store brand canola), placed them in a counter top toaster oven for 2 bake cycles (5 min per cycle) at 350 degrees.

The result? Cookies that have the texture of banana bread or banana muffins in 10 minutes (plus prep time) The flavor was awesome, definite banana nut bread flavor, nicely soft texture. I got about 18 2-3 inch cookies out of this. I look forward to trying this soon with an oatmeal and apple recipe. Maybe with some cinnamon added to the mix.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@haldir and @Skallabjorn I may have multiple of Mercurix and that familiar pack was one of the first Reaper minis I ordered. I think that I put it away very carefully for "when I could actually paint". I really should look it out sometime, that was 5 houses ago!

There's also the 2 festive catbatdragon critters that have popped up on previous Christmas promotions ( here painted by the awesome @Wren). I may have multiples of these too :ph34r:

catdragon-left-400.jpg.85e0dc0d0d2168e798350be749610d73.jpgxm-cat-bl-face-400.jpg.efc0cb3c793e81b18b34eee1beb27ac4.jpg.b4b8c4143f6bbb0fa914b9354bd75746.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

Happy Friday morning! In a few hours, it'll be time for the weekend!::)::bday:

Some of you may already be experiencing the weekend, depending on your time zone; I hope it's going well.

• Like 9

As @Chaoswolf said, it's Friday morning, which means it's time for Friday morning history trivia for August 6th:

• 1926 – Gertrude Ederle became the first woman to swim across the English Channel.

• 1991 – Tim Berners-Lee released files describing his idea for the World Wide Web. WWW debuted as a publicly available service on the Internet.

• 1996 – NASA announced that the ALH 84001 meteorite, thought to originate from Mars, contains evidence of primitive life-forms (though since then all of unusual features supporting that claim have been explained with theories that don't require life to be present).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

My weekend started in June of 2018, but I would not recommend the process. I had a 250 pound section of staging dropped on my foot by a new hire on show site, then after I was ALMOST healed from that, survived an Ischemic (brain stem) stroke.. Just now getting to where I can look at going back to work in my industry (trade show and convention stagehand). Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people that do the setup for things like Comicon, Megacon, and looking at the past photos, possibly even Reapercon. I've even done the Star Wars celebration show several times here out east.

P_20170411_095413_LL.thumb.jpg.85f7803f294c5ea456a59bdfb0e685bc.jpg

Me during star Wars celebration. Some of you may get the joke.

• Like 15
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

My weekend started in June of 2018, but I would not recommend the process. I had a 250 pound section of staging dropped on my foot by a new hire on show site, then after I was ALMOST healed from that, survived an Ischemic (brain stem) stroke.. Just now getting to where I can look at going back to work in my industry (trade show and convention stagehand). Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people that do the setup for things like Comicon, Megacon, and looking at the past photos, possibly even Reapercon. I've even done the Star Wars celebration show several times here out east.

P_20170411_095413_LL.thumb.jpg.85f7803f294c5ea456a59bdfb0e685bc.jpg

Me during star Wars celebration. Some of you may get the joke.

Glad you’re doing better. Strokes are scary. Also, you look like you have no arms 😬

• Like 8
On 8/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, Cranky Dog said:

People on rpg.net already dubbed them Drow-stralians.

tumblr_ps10lr44jp1sjpc07o1_1280.jpg

Guess who has a new "Want List" for Bones 6?

I don't know what that creature is, but I do know that Reaper should make it, and that @TaleSpinner should sculpt it. 

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Mad Jack beat me to it; I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about when you referenced that ad. 

I was also able to call the image to mind, but I had no idea what brand of alcohol it was for.   

We spent last night crafting a long letter to our son in bootcamp, put it in the mailbox with the flag up this morning, and then when the post man came this morning, he put the flag down, but forgot to take the letter out of the box. <sigh>  I guess a trip to the post office will be happening today. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3