Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Taco Bell is cheap and filly and sometimes, you just want it. I crave their nachos often. But, I also like Carl's Jr. I knew it was up the road but... Pandemic...

And decent company. Her and I spent the night together a while back. Very quiet and relaxed, didn't bother me at all. I managed to read half of 1984 while she loomed over me.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about this, figuring someone here would know: A while back, Reaper released some sort of... Weather vane/compass/thing. I remember seeing it and was going to add it to my wish list and forgot. I was trying to find it yesterday and couldn't Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Was it this? https://www.reapermini.com/search/terrain/latest/77985

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

As noted, the only time i have seen it plated the other way was when the bone was still attached.  given the thickness of beef ribs, you dont see that much anymore (with the full tomahawk cut a slab of standing rib roast is 1.5 to 2 inches thick and weighs 32-48 ounces of meat).  there is no reason why it couldnt be plated rind in but again, a rare steak would probably create a pool of juices on the rim of the plate and cause a spill.  

interesting, I dont suppose she ever explained why the alternative plating was done by her family?

That fireplace is a deathtrap!  my group had a similar experience, except it was the warlock rooting around in the fireplace whom the swarms descended on and the rest of the party started attacking the swarm while it was still on the warlock.. with lit oil...

the warlock survived (death save mechanic) but from then on had a healthy fear of both fire places and spiders!

3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

It was Duncan's swashbuckler when Grump ran it in Pathfinder.

He stabilized just one HP before hitting his Con limit and died. One more round, and he'd be generating a new PC.

It's never the big monsters that kill us, it's always the nuisance monsters.

I did give a general warning when we first started that the contents of this adventure was ported over from a 1st edition adventure. ::D: The players have enjoyed the game so far.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

IIt's never the big monsters that kill us, it's always the nuisance monsters.

27 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Seems about right.

sub-buzz-20296-1511054118-1.png

If I ever visit Australia, I could add this to the "Getting to Know You" QOTD: "Scariest thing you've ever done."

• Like 12
5 hours ago, CaptainPete said:
10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Morning... but it's Thursday morning, so it must be trivia time to see what happened on August 12th:

• 1990 – Sue, one of the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex skeletons found to date, was discovered by Sue Hendrickson in South Dakota.

And decent company. Her and I spent the night together a while back. Very quiet and relaxed, didn't bother me at all. I managed to read half of 1984 while she loomed over me.

That's really cool. I have wanted to see Sue for a while, especially since reading Dead Beat in the Dresden Files series, but have yet to visit Chicago. It's on the list of things to do. And if I ever make it to @Glitterwolf's for dinner, I can hit up Trix at the Naturalis Biodiversity Center in Leiden. Sue is estimated to have lived for 28 years, whereas Trix is estimated at 30 years, the "oldest" specimen.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Nope. That’s the way her father taught her. Since he’s passed, he cannot be asked. He also took his steak sauce and salad dressing recipes to the grave as well.

sounds like that was a shame!  unique salad dressings are a marvelous thing! (never been much for steak sauce -- but to each their own!)  maybe when he plated it he allowed a small gap and it trapped the juices under the meat?  Either way 

3 hours ago, haldir said:

I did give a general warning when we first started that the contents of this adventure was ported over from a 1st edition adventure. ::D: The players have enjoyed the game so far.

our group made it through the first 3 modules before the adventure diverged too far (they wound up chasing though an undersea city complements of the sea elf prisoner you pick up in the second half of the first module.  the whole thing collapsed not too long after that though.  

• Like 7