Jump to content

Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The moisture I felt could also be hydrablock, it dries within 24 hours and I have applied more this morning,

It takes 3 weeks to completely harden, so maybe that's when it works 100% and not right away.

 

Now going to watch TV, Picard is on with 2 episodes..

 

I really need to stop worrying about everything, it annoys me but somehow, lately I see trouble around every corner.

Not funny.

 

Yeah, we don't do basements in Florida, because this:

image.thumb.png.7f7c4bdde73ded9300d6a7b763c4115d.png

 

Across most of the state, you hit water anywhere between 3 and 8 feet down. Makes digging water, power, and sewer lines really challenging.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, different geology/geography brings different issues. A lot of people from ouside North America do not realize how very divers we are geographically. Probably comes from having only 2 (3 if you include Mexico) countries occupying the whole continent.

We almost completely destroyed our Great Plains ecology due to over clearing and excessive plowing. You want to read about a human-made Eco-catastrophe? Look up the "dust bowl" sometime. Horrific stuff.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am tired, woke up at 2, back to bed at 6:30, slept until 11:30. My whole everything is now thrown off.

 

In the meantime, I am waiting for the delivery person to show up with my new sewing caddy. The one I have is falling apart horribly to the point I can't fix it. I feel bad getting rid of it because I'm sure it was MIL's at one point but like I said falling apart. It was okay when the dowels popped out of place. I wood glued that together and that helped for a little while. And then a screw started coming loose. And then the stuff I glued came off again. So time for a new one. This one has pockets!

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skallabjorn said:

 

Yeah, we don't do basements in Florida, because this:

image.thumb.png.7f7c4bdde73ded9300d6a7b763c4115d.png

 

Across most of the state, you hit water anywhere between 3 and 8 feet down. Makes digging water, power, and sewer lines really challenging.

One of the reasons why, when Disney was building Walt Disney World the very first thing they did for construction was build up a pad the size of the Magic Kingdom so the subterranean level would be above the natural ground level for the area.

All the borrow pits where they scooped out earth became lakes.

GEM

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SparrowMarie said:

I am tired, woke up at 2, back to bed at 6:30, slept until 11:30. My whole everything is now thrown off.

 

In the meantime, I am waiting for the delivery person to show up with my new sewing caddy. The one I have is falling apart horribly to the point I can't fix it. I feel bad getting rid of it because I'm sure it was MIL's at one point but like I said falling apart. It was okay when the dowels popped out of place. I wood glued that together and that helped for a little while. And then a screw started coming loose. And then the stuff I glued came off again. So time for a new one. This one has pockets!

Sometimes you just have to let go when an item is so completely used that it is used up.

When you start having to repair the repairs you have already made, it's basically time to declare the item "used up"

Have fun with the new caddy.

GEM

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

 

I'm going to stop now. Listening to all the politicians right now is making me way too cynical, way too fast. I got to pace myself.

I'd say it's like the joke about lawyers, but when it comes to politicians it isn't a joke.
 

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Not even sure purple is right, I DO worry a lot lately.

Every little thing that goes wrong bothers me more than it should.

I think that's partly the nature of the world at the moment, I'm finding myself in a similar situation, unfortunately the solution is always easier said then done  - just don't ask me what that solution is.

 

Even something I should be happy about - like the fact we've found a 5 acre block of land to buy - I'm worrying about.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Sometimes you just have to let go when an item is so completely used that it is used up.

When you start having to repair the repairs you have already made, it's basically time to declare the item "used up"

Have fun with the new caddy.

GEM

 

Thanks. I always have a hard time letting things go but this is definitely one to let go of. 

 

I have now moved everything over to the new caddy. It needs organizing but I can get rid of the old one now. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hey come over e'er'body I baked cookies 

 

FFB6BED1-86B7-4E2E-A620-63B57D8910E1.thumb.jpeg.f2e02fcd82f359133c10392558081d8f.jpeg

Would love to, but we're in lockdown at the moment. Over a year of no local transmission and we now have double digits of active cases...

  • Sad 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

every-sunday-night.jpg.c4e49f74a9e3a2ff87f1f313b7b816c6.jpg

This is definitely my feeling right now. Between the horrible smoke and the left over of whatever virus I had, I feel awful. Certainly not up to dealing with a bunch of difficult babies tomorrow.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

This is definitely my feeling right now. Between the horrible smoke and the left over of whatever virus I had, I feel awful. Certainly not up to dealing with a bunch of difficult babies tomorrow.

 

pbmonday.jpg.c1b3d37e193a0ffc3d1d4c6db4b1897b.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...