Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

This means I'm feeling anxious about several things I really need to get done, but I can't prioritize between them,

If one of those things is the thing for me, it can be lower priority for now. I have time. ::):

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Make sure you tell him that the trailer for witch queen changes EVERYTHING and then don’t tell him how it does that 🤣

Since I don't know much about his game, I may have done that accidently. Or not.  

I was limited by what I could send him - didn't want the letter to get too heavy.  As it was, I had to put an additional ounce stamp on it. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vixens are out, so I made my girl a little Greek Style dinner ( I know, I tend to repeat myself a little bit every now and then).

Made Feta/Honey Pastries, Tomatoes with Feta, Dolmas, Flatbread, Olives with Feta and Sundried Tomatoes, Salad, Sweet Potatoe Fries, Hummus, Tzatziki and a Tomato/Olive Spread.

20210825_175345.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Ugh. This morning, I got to call 911 because there was a fire in a storm drain. That was... Fun. We saw it smoking and when I looked down, that's when the two-foot pile of paper napkins inside caught fire. Like, burst into flames right in front of me.

Do you believe that I have weirdness magnet now? <_<

• Like 7
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Ugh. This morning, I got to call 911 because there was a fire in a storm drain. That was... Fun. We saw it smoking and when I looked down, that's when the two-foot pile of paper napkins inside caught fire. Like, burst into flames right in front of me.

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

We have almost decent air this morning.

I can see all the way across the valley, a distance of about a mile and a half.

First time in a week the air has been this clear.

GEM

I just love that these two posts came in one right after the other. 

It's as if they're connected?  Maybe @Lord of the Dish Pit could tell us why?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I just love that these two posts came in one right after the other. 

It's as if they're connected?  Maybe @Lord of the Dish Pit could tell us why?

Unfortunately, our air quality steadily deteriorated over the afternoon. 

We're at about the same low level of visibility as yesterday at this time. :zombie:

Air quality for our area is currently rated as Hazardous.

Weather guesser has no joy for the weekend forecast. ::(:

GEM

• Sad 12
2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Unfortunately, our air quality steadily deteriorated over the afternoon. 

We're at about the same low level of visibility as yesterday at this time. :zombie:

Air quality for our area is currently rated as Hazardous.

Weather guesser has no joy for the weekend forecast. ::(:

GEM

You're in the worst of it. https://fire.airnow.gov/#  has a pretty good live map, once you remove all the monitor pins.

smoke.jpg.49110c9ad4faf543d47612baa41f639c.jpg

This is the current weather pattern. Big hot high pressure system in the middle of the country, all the cooler air flowing up north.  This is supposed to persist through the weekend.  Note the airflow patterns (white arrows). 

august.jpg.d182e1f14f1216d89addefb8f4ec176b.jpg

I am so ready for this summer to be over. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5
22 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Had to make a deposit into our trash can a few minutes ago.

The moon is the orange of a slightly overripe piece of orange fruit. :zombie:

GEM

Ours is a slight orange color. Most of our grey haze in the mornings comes from the east right now, thanks to ID's fires. Strange thou we've cooled down tremendously since our weeks of 100+ each day. Now the nights are cool & the days are barely hitting the 90s. I don't mind at all.

• Like 9

Thursday's history trivia for August 26th (a bit early, because the laptop battery needs powered down immediately and replaced tomorrow before Bad Things happen):

• 1346 – At the Battle of Crécy, an English army easily defeated a French army estimated at twice its size, and established the effectiveness of the longbow archer in the Hundred Years' War.

• 1791 – John Fitch was granted a United States patent for the steamboat.

• 1863 – The Swedish-language liberal newspaper Helsingfors Dagblad proposed the current blue-and-white cross flag as the flag of Finland.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

weirdly enough the skies opened up yesterday and the temperature plunged.  got to have a short walk with temperatures in the low 70's

today we are headed back into the mid 90... It was a nice reminder about what decent outside temperatures felt like and we certainly could use the rain.  

19 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I recommend not staring at your boss with intense concentration today, or your pet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 14