Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 8/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, redambrosia said:

Make sure you tell him that the trailer for witch queen changes EVERYTHING and then don’t tell him how it does that 🤣

Or just tell him that it hints at needing a giant can of old bay seasoning

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No fires for me last night. Did find a door unlocked. Opened it again and then let it shut. Get told to go inside and check it. After, you know, waiting for half an hour, and find the door locked. Waste of my time. <_<

I've almost finished up my ten minis I've been focused on. Hoping to get most of them wrapped up today. Assuming my computer will work so I can move on to other things...

• Like 12

Computer issues solved. Old battery's cells were bloating and pressing up on the casing and making touchpad unusable, new battery acquired and installed. Unexpected expense, but better than the old battery causing a fire in the middle of the night.

• Like 13
18 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, I cut my finger at work today.

It took all of my willpower not to bellow Blood For The Blood God!

Add another score for the hobby knife. Mine slipped while I was trying to clean a 3d print.  Good thing I have finished most of my painting tasks for the month. 

Hmmn. I got a postcard with a QR code for a free car wash. I wonder..... 

• Like 9

Well my day appears to be going to crap. 

I'm scheduled to install a new teller at a site next week.  It's supposed to be a three day trip. Monday drive to site, Tuesday do the install, and Wednesday drive home.  The teller was supposed to be shipped Monday to arrive tomorrow, so it would be there in time for the install.  It didn't get shipped until Tuesday, but it would still arrive on Monday, while I'm driving, so not an issue. 

Until I checked on the status today, and found out that it was delayed, and not arriving until Tuesday. I'm driving, so not a big deal, I'll just delay a day, but I asked the shipping department to look into to make sure. That's when it's discovered that someone broccoli the customs paperwork.  Now the arrival date has been pushed back to Wed the 1st. 

And as all that was going on, I got a call from my son in boot camp - he failed his PT test twice, and is being sent back three weeks. 

• Sad 17

I guess I'm due writing an update on the Saga of the Well.

Today's the day that, had this not gone down in this direction, we would have started the Road Trip to Reapercon. Obviously, that isn't happening.

Still no engineer. Emails have been sent, calls made, and still nada. Andi is about ready to grab a Google Earth image of the land, slap a big ol' X on the current wellhouse and submit it himself, with the intent being that the current well just be drilled deeper. I don't know if that will work, but... guess it's worth a shot.

I think we're going on Week Three of this, and both of us are .. really, really tired.

Safkhet (my desktop) scared the broccoli out of me Tuesday by being shut down cold (she came back up, but my heart was lodged up behind my uvula there for a bit), my headset decided last week was a good time to get snarky (box was refusing to charge batteries. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, it's fine now) and this has just been a whole month of Monday.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about Reapercon shenanigans, and hoping that I'll be able to participate at least a little bit. 

I keep hearing that people can't go because of the *redacted* plague and that hurts almost more than not being able to go myself. 😕

• Like 3
  • Sad 13
1 minute ago, ratsmitglied said:

Sorry for everyone who is currently going through skies like this:
DSC_0043.thumb.JPG.b4bdaaecd253134654b0188d566aaa51.JPG

This was our place in about December 2019 before 7am. It isn't pleasant by any stretch.

That looks like about the average for us for the last couple of weeks.

On another grim topic, it's been 6 weeks plus since my last disability check from Liberty Mutual and my attorney's secretary isn't returning my calls.

My attorney had a secretary who was very good at returning calls but he shuffled her off to a new junior partner in his law firm.  The one he has now just doesn't "get it" that when I call, it's important and not just a way to waste her time.  IMNSHO she's an example of the Peter Principal in action.

GEM

• Sad 13