Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

I hope you're able to relax a little now that it's the weekend.

Here's hoping that you all have a great weekend filled with painting, reading, gaming, or whatever it is that you enjoy doing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well. Spent a bit of time with a really pretty young lady yesterday. Sadly it ended after she stabbed me in the shoulder, and now I have to wait at least another four weeks to do it again. I feel fine, but I can scarcely use that arm today. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 17
19 hours ago, kristof65 said:

AAARRRGGHHHHH. 

I just had this conversation with the primary service tech at the manufacturer I contract to. This is a simplified version. 

Him: Why is this Item showing in the pricing menu? 
Me: Because the No Price Entry flag on the item is set wrong. 
Him: Why is it showing that price?
Me: because that's the amount of the last transaction for that item. 
Him: Well why is it showing in the pricing menu?
Me: Because the flag is set wrong. It should be set to ON.
Him: The flag is set to Off. 
Me: Yeah, that's not right, I've been complaining about that being set wrong on new shipments for months. 
(loop back to his initial question)

(repeat loop 3 more times)
Him: I honestly don't understand what this setting does. 
Me: it determines if the item shows in the pricing menu. 

(long pause)

Him: Oh...

Third base!

• Haha 11
18 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

well. Spent a bit of time with a really pretty young lady yesterday. Sadly it ended after she stabbed me in the shoulder, and now I have to wait at least another four weeks to do it again. I feel fine, but I can scarcely use that arm today. 

Next time, remember to thank your stabbers for their dedication. Unless they seem to enjoy stabbing a bit too much.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

And, after 25 days of rain the skies parted and the water receded from the earth.  It's nearly JUNE, why is it 49F out?  :blink:

It nearly popped back down into freezing on Tuesday up here.

Gotta love the Midwest!

• Like 9
1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

She got right to the point!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
On 5/28/2021 at 3:43 AM, Kuroneko said:

I believe that it's called 'cattitude' and it appears to be a global phenomenon.....

1184555743_funny-cats-stealing-dog-beds-8-5eb5664aca46a__700(1).jpg.d242d5f946f410a96096e2f424333a89.jpg1046011660_5eb17056a8dac_nv9toqrvue201__700(1).jpg.ba965ffa60ca26a77001377d7b6c858a.jpg1331920461_5eb3f13005d57_ow442ua0rck01__700(1).thumb.jpg.f7f90d6ad994a38d003b2753c261b0ff.jpg

Our dog IS Khatt's bed.

Somewhere, in both their teeny brains, Sammy is still a puppy, and Khatt is still protecting him.

Thomathy thinks they're both idiots.

• Like 11

Anyone else having a problem with the off-topic rampancy forum?  I can see individual topics from other references and I can see it exists and see it normally on windows but my phone give 'not found for the forum directory 

In other news, my record of interrupted vacations and holidays remains unbroken.  Got called at 730 this morning...

• Confused 3
  • Sad 8

I'm significantly behind on the project I don't really want to work on, but next week is my first planned vacation in a long time, so I'm doing my very best to check out and relax for a while.

It's not easy. :unsure:

The silver lining is that nearly all the people I work with seem to take the idea of time off pretty seriously, and genuinely seem to expect people to not work while on vacation. I appreciate the people.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Saturday's stroll through history for May 29th:

• 1453 – Fall of Constantinople: Ottoman armies under Sultan Mehmed II Fatih captured Constantinople (now Istanbul) after a 53-day siege, ending the Byzantine Empire.

• 1852 – Jenny Lind, a Swedish opera singer and one of the most highly regarded of the 19th century, departed New York after her two-year American tour.

• 1919 – Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity was tested (and later confirmed) by Arthur Eddington and Andrew Claude de la Cherois Crommelin.

You missd:

•  1999 -- solemnification of the obvious between two young froggies.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
37 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

You missd:

•  1999 -- solemnification of the obvious between two young froggies.

A fine congratulations and the celebration of sharing the same swamp together, and may you have many more Terran rotations together without either of you being accidentally flung into space.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4