Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well. I am not the sort to ask for prayers and good thoughts and that sort of thing on the regular. But a friend of the family, whom my parents saw on Sunday at church is in ths hospital with Covid, and your friendly neighbourhood Shadowraven is also currently rather sick in the head, in a fashion that doesn't relate to bad ideas this time. I don't 'think' the two are related, I am mostly sure this is just a cold, but I don't exactly relish the idea of being wrong, at least not this time. 

• Sad 23

30 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

well. I am not the sort to ask for prayers and good thoughts and that sort of thing on the regular. But a friend of the family, whom my parents saw on Sunday at church is in ths hospital with Covid, and your friendly neighbourhood Shadowraven is also currently rather sick in the head, in a fashion that doesn't relate to bad ideas this time. I don't 'think' the two are related, I am mostly sure this is just a cold, but I don't exactly relish the idea of being wrong, at least not this time. 

I don't normally pray, but consider yourself and your friend on my list of things to ask the big guy to consider. Sending hopes and good karma/kitty hugs from the house of Neko.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 10

I forgot my lunch last night and had to race back to grab it. Since I had to rush, I ended up screwing up my ankle. I was limping all night last night and I can't take tonight off because I have to train someone. I can't let my boss do the training because he's... Not really good at his job. Okay, he's a waste of space and I really hope he quits soon. And I was suppose to me training this guy the last two nights but someone walked off the job so... Yeah. <_<

• Sad 13

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

I wish you well and hope it will all be just a common cold and over quickly.

Sending good vibes to you!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

And to all others who are in need of it:

carebear.jpg.959461463cb68fddae6a495f838dde15.jpg

• Like 8

Today has been very  ...SQUIRREL!

I mean that both literally and figuratively.   For most of the day, i haven't bene able to focus on any of the tasks I need to do, I just keep getting distracted. 

And right now, one of those distractions has been a squirrel that keeps running back and forth across the neighbor's driveway outside my office window. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

Working in the kitchen, I heard a loud sound as if someone dropped a brick on cement in the living room. Figured one of the cats has pushed something off a high shelf. 

Standing in the middle… nothing came into view. 

Perplexed, I stood there and heard it again. From below me.

There is no basement there. 

I an wondering if I heard my foundation crack. Guessing we will see it in the tile at some point if so. 

Or something is digging up and hit slab. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Working in the kitchen, I heard a loud sound as if someone dropped a brick on cement in the living room. Figured one of the cats has pushed something off a high shelf. 

I an wondering if I heard my foundation crack. Guessing we will see it in the tile at some point if so. 

Ah. You may have caught a Graboid...  

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

I am livid. This is from one of my friend's discord I'm in: (spoiler'd for length)

Spoiler

Does anyone here want a cat? Or know someone who wants a cat? My mother-in-law wants to get rid of a cat. Long story short, my sister-in-law got this cat when she was in college and ditched it at her moms house (who never wanted the cat to begin with). The cat is now an adult and has been isolated from people. She seems to do ok with Dogs and cats, but has not been socialized with people her entire life, so she has some behavior problems around humans (something that could be corrected over time). It’s a situation that I’m livid about, because Tyler’s family have caused these problems. She should have been given to a different home years ago, but my mother-in-law dragged her feet, so now the cats suffering from it. No shelter appears to want to take this cat, because of how my MIL talks about her behavior problems.

[12:06 PM]

Sorry for the rant, but I’m desperate now to find this cat a home. She is only good with my MIL, because she’s the only human the cat has been with. Now my MIL has an appt next week to put the cat down because no one will take her. YES REALLY. It absolutely breaks my heart.

Like what kind of broccoli person do you have to be to do that and not put in at least a little effort in re-homing the animal? The rest of what I have to say is mostly a string of obscenities so I will stop there.

ANYWAY.

We had Issues getting our grocery order this week. Walmart's regional (if I understood correctly) pickup and delivery system went down for several hours yesterday. This caused us to wait 3+ hours after our pickup time to actually get a notice that our pick up was ready. We only got about half of what we ordered so Husband is off to Safeway to get the rest of everything because the 3 meals I planned for the week are all missing ingredients. Some of them very important like the ground beef for chili and the beef roast to make crock pot roast...

Lots of other stuff going on but I will save that for later.

• Sad 17

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Careful, it might be a grue.

I can't comment on the pet situation without then needing to mod myself, so I'll just say that I hope it works out in a positive fashion somehow.

@ShadowRaven---fingers crossed and positive waves heading to you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

Praying for you here

image.png.06afb9db0deae302c33f7695e1c35bd0.png

• Haha 16