Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well now, that's an epic notification to wake up to.  I won a Twitter draw for some Household Knights for Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings!!

Awesome!

Congrats!

Saw the Acquisition Thread, those look nice!

• Like 4
On 5/30/2021 at 12:12 AM, Chaoswolf said:

I hope you're able to relax a little now that it's the weekend.

Here's hoping that you all have a great weekend filled with painting, reading, gaming, or whatever it is that you enjoy doing.

Not the best weekend I've had. Especially a long weekend (which we'd forgotten about given we're both on leave). Spent pretty much the whole weekend in the hospital and I'm currently waiting for SWMBO to get out of theatre...

• Sad 12
9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Congratulations!

Thanks!  I was especially surprised when I found out 62 people had entered o_O

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Congrats!

Saw the Acquisition Thread, those look nice!

Yeah, they definitely look like they're going to be a good amount of fun to set up and paint, and add a bit of a personal touch to each one.  I am going to have fifteen of them, plus another two that are technically Lords on horseback (forgot the exact term for Conquest) 

Oh yeah, you'll probably like an acquisition I'll have for that game when it comes out eventually - W'adrhun massive model is a FREAKING T-REX!!  They also have  Raptor Riders, which come out next month I think. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Not the best weekend I've had. Especially a long weekend (which we'd forgotten about given we're both on leave). Spent pretty much the whole weekend in the hospital and I'm currently waiting for SWMBO to get out of theatre...

[Yipes]

Does that mean operating theatre? as in surgery?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Hope you're both alright!

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Whining inbound. Skipping advised.

Edit: Never mind. Do spoiler tags not work anymore?

Yes they do, Click on the EYE in the Bar above the post.

afbeelding.png.75d43f653f20220e6aa53ad4c15bd275.png

• Like 5

Moments in history for May 31st:

• 1813 – In Australia, William Lawson, Gregory Blaxland and William Wentworth reached Mount Blaxland, effectively marking the end of a route across the Blue Mountains.

• 2008 – Usain Bolt broke the world record in the 100m sprint with a wind-legal (+1.7 m/s) 9.72 seconds.

• 2013 – The asteroid 1998 QE2 and its moon made their closest approach to Earth for the next two centuries.

Happy Memorial Day for everyone observing it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I got up at 2:30 this morning. I have a mild headache that I'm fighting. I'm tired but at this point am probably not getting back to sleep until this afternoon for a nap.

In other news, I've been semi-productive since I've been up. So that's good. I don't feel like I've had enough time to get things done between migraines and house stuff.

• Like 8

Finally vanquished the lawns! 

Had to spread the mowing over a couple of days because I'd let it grow too dang high again. Plus I was getting too hot wearing a hat, I've reached the point where I'm umm... "Folically Challenged" enough to get a sunburnt head.

• Like 11

"Folically challeneged"-I like that, very clever.

I forgot that today was a holiday, so my alarm clock went off at the usual time. That's ok, though; I got to enjoy the feeling of turning it off and rolling over to go back to sleep.::D:

• Like 7
  • Haha 6
46 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Finally vanquished the lawns! 

Had to spread the mowing over a couple of days because I'd let it grow too dang high again. Plus I was getting too hot wearing a hat, I've reached the point where I'm umm... "Folically Challenged" enough to get a sunburnt head.

Sunburns are never fun. But for many men, your first sunburn on that particular area comes with a lot of baggage and introspection (in addition to soreness, sensitivity, and dry flakiness).

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

"Folically challeneged"-I like that, very clever.

I forgot that today was a holiday, so my alarm clock went off at the usual time. That's ok, though; I got to enjoy the feeling of turning it off and rolling over to go back to sleep.::D:

Lucky. I woke up at my normal time sans alarm and couldn’t get back to sleep.

In orher news, my bees did not appreciate me checking in on their progress and one stung me on my ankle through my sock. Ingrates! It wasn’t bad Saturday, then Sunday it itched horribly and developed blisters. Turns out that’s a normal reaction some times. Today it is a bit swollen and being on my ankle is making it painful to walk. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4