Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

One BILLION PLUS pieces?

That  is  insane.

GEM

Addendum:  They need to put a crush hazard warning on this one.

Yah, they are both made up sets by people. (ie destruction of places, so here's the raw components kinda thing.

• Haha 3

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not proud to say that I've just now unpacked my hobby stuff from ReaperCon. But, the desk is clear again and I will start painting this weekend.

After the toilet repair, bee maintenance, cutting the grass, taking down the tree cages, etc, etc.

• Like 11

Well... there was a meeting.

The actual useful part was maybe an half hour.

We are cautiously going forward - we will need to see what registration looks like, and that won't begin for almost six months.

We do have some wiggle room - presentations that can be cancelled.

I still want to see the Pagans in Law Enforcement and Pagans in the Military presentations, but they tend to overlap with my Pathfinder game

Heck, I need to freaking write the Pathfinder scenarios - I cannot remember a blamed thing of what I had planned for two summers ago.

Maybe steal the scenario I am running for Megan's unruly crue of a family.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

On 10/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, haldir said:

Tuesday night/Wed morning our load wasn't late per se (showed up around 130 AM, which is actually early) but it was a full 45 foot trailer....ugh. Inside was like 6 pallets of bottled water (ok, I know there is a drought here in the West, Ontario's city water is horrible, more or less the city pool but with like 10x the chlorine added & there is this whole pandemic thing going, but really people???? Gallon & bottle water the 2021 toilet paper pandemic item.....anyways) & our load but we also got in 4 or 5 Christmas pallets for our GM department!!! Ho ho ho!!! (not!).

Of course work shift was close to 10 hrs that night thanks to my new schedule of coming in at 11 pm now, eh oh well. Fun night at the FLGS, since it's my only game right now I look forward to it every week. The table has a bunch of great guys. I ran Salvage Operation from Ghost of Saltmarsh & they almost got off the ship with the cargo, but of course I had the main protagonist show up on the deck, ready for a fight while preaching about Lloth & how the Beast (the elder octopus) will take them down. Since they are only on round 9  & their ride (rowboat) shows up in round 13, the rooms they didn't clear out will start showing up topside. They didn't clear out allot of rooms as they took the direct route to the hold so they may get overwhelmed.

Also, my shop got it's FREERPGDAY items in so I was able to pick out the stuff I wanted + the stuff I'm running on freerpg day (which I can report I got the night off!!).

GM/HBC is the devil and you will never be able to convince me otherwise...

On 10/7/2021 at 3:18 PM, Mad Jack said:

Build a fake giant monolith with some weird alien glyphs on it and just leave it there for somebody to dig up in a thousand years...

You realize that if you leave it out, people will do and see it? May I remind you want happened in the desert last year?

On 10/7/2021 at 4:55 PM, Mad Jack said:

I once had to drive twenty minutes out of my way because some knucklehead in a truck hadn't been paying attention to the height sign on the stone overpass and peeled back the first twenty feet of roof on his trailer.  :rolleyes:     It was literally rolled up like the top of a sardine can.

I have a friend who lives in Kansas City. Apparently there's a bridge with a 12' clearance (I think) and truckers fail to realize this. Even with several signs saying so. The bridge has a FB page and it is a comedy goldmine... My friend calls if Chompy and I find it quite fitting.

I woke up early to go get things printed out... Only to find out that they just changed their hours and closed several hours earlier than they did last week. I got five hours of sleep for no reason. At least I got Chinese food. <_<

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:
On 10/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, Mad Jack said:

I once had to drive twenty minutes out of my way because some knucklehead in a truck hadn't been paying attention to the height sign on the stone overpass and peeled back the first twenty feet of roof on his trailer.  :rolleyes:     It was literally rolled up like the top of a sardine can.

Expand  

I have a friend who lives in Kansas City. Apparently there's a bridge with a 12' clearance (I think) and truckers fail to realize this. Even with several signs saying so. The bridge has a FB page and it is a comedy goldmine... My friend calls if Chompy and I find it quite fitting.

https://youtu.be/HR7NivKqfzo

• Like 3

Just got back from the latest 007 adventure.

I Highly recommend it.  Good story and well crafted. Be advised, this is a long movie, circa 2 1/2 hours not including all the previews.  7:20 start time and we didn't get out until circa 10:30

Now I need to go back and watch some of the early Bond movies to refresh my memory on some of the things referenced in this movie.

GEM

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yup, I would be guilty!

image.png.bafe0b2b8db01a67144e055ea0975e03.png

Day Two: Shotgun

GEM

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

How far down were they? About 20.000 leagues?

:blink: :mellow: :blink: :mellow: :ik_oops:
I cannot allow nautical misinformation like this pass unremarked. Even knowing there is attempted humor in there somewhere. 

1)  The book by Jules Verne involved a travelled horizontal distance of Twenty Thousand (20,000) Leagues and not a Depth. 

2) It was not Twenty Leagues (“20.000”)

3) The liquid water oceans of Earth are nowhere near even 20 leagues deep. The deepest point is only about 2 leagues deep. (It is juuussssst short of 2 leagues.)

4) The exact crush depth of a USN submarine classified information… but, it is far, far, far less than 2 leagues, much less 20! leagues. 

5) The magma Ocean underneath us all  (if you consider all that molten liquid rock under the crust to be a world spanning ocean)… is only 520 leagues deep. 

6) The diameter [ ! ] of Earth, yep the whole planet, is only 2,296 leagues. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Headline I just saw:

'US submarine strikes unknown object in South China sea'

Now, I haven't read the story yet, but the very first thing that came to mind was 'great,  they just hit C'thulu'.

The world is getting increasingly weird again. Last week a "ninja" attacked special operations soldiers at an airport in the Mojave. 

• Like 6

Saturday morning... did you know any of the following happened on October 9th?

• 1604 – Kepler's Supernova was the most recent supernova to be unquestionably observed within the Milky Way galaxy, being visible to the naked eye.

• 1825 – The sloop Restauration arrived in New York Harbor from Norway, the first organized immigration from Norway to the United States.

• 1986 – The Phantom of the Opera, eventually the second longest running musical in London, opened at Her Majesty's Theatre.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I'm not proud to say that I've just now unpacked my hobby stuff from ReaperCon. But, the desk is clear again and I will start painting this weekend.

Wait, we're supposed to unpack?

Here I thought I was being clever and getting a headstart on preparations for next year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7