Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Assassins is underrated. I'll watch it anytime. Sadly, I've never gotten to watch any of the Expendables franchise.

The Expendables series is really good...  The three-film collection is available on blu-ray for pretty cheap on Amazon.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

The Expendables series is really good...  The three-film collection is available on blu-ray for pretty cheap on Amazon.

I'm willing to give money to just about anything with Dolph Lundgren in it (almost anything), but I just saw the third movie has Ronda Rousey in it... really not a fan, don't have it in me to give her a possible royalty check. Guess I'll wait for it to be run on TV sometime.

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I met Danny Trejo once, at Border's.

I did NOT expect him to be a goofball!

I did not realize he is 77 years old. He was in his 50s when he made Desperado. That man aged very well.

• Like 7

On 10/8/2021 at 7:33 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Headline I just saw:

'US submarine strikes unknown object in South China sea'

Now, I haven't read the story yet, but the very first thing that came to mind was 'great,  they just hit C'thulu'.

So that same submarine was just reported on for having a bed bug infestation that's been going on for well over a year. 

My first thought was "how are these two things related?"

• Like 8

round two of Rob vs the brandy Snap.  First round didnt last long enough to test how long they last filled.  this round I thought i would try to mix blueberry pulp with whipped cream.  this did not go as planned.  the cream did not get to a piping consistency.  Had to go back to brandy in whipped cream. 

Still working on the snap recipe its an interesting little cookie? with a hint of ginger heat in the sweet and it surrounds piped (unsweetened) whipped cream.  the effect is addictive to say the least.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

People don't believe our "Exit 35mph signs" on the hairpin turns either. That's less funny. 

It's very possible.  I run an assembly line system with figures constantly in various stages of progress, from prepped (being washed or glued), primed, being painted, or spay finished.  Last night I prepped some figures, this morning I dull coated some finished figs to take to today's  game, tomorrow I need to get some stuff primed and work on in-progress painting.   If you can spare 30 minutes a day to prep and prime, you can paint loads during the weekend.  

Assembly line works really well for me. Prime a bunch, put down undercoats of skin and metallics, and then work on other colors, slowly building up and giving myself a chance to work on a bit at a time. I usually finish with the final skin layer.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I'm willing to give money to just about anything with Dolph Lundgren in it (almost anything), but I just saw the third movie has Ronda Rousey in it... really not a fan, don't have it in me to give her a possible royalty check. Guess I'll wait for it to be run on TV sometime.

Well, she's not in the first two, lol.

• Like 4

Sunday's stroll through historical happenings for October 10th:

• 1846 – Triton, the largest moon of the planet Neptune, was discovered by English astronomer William Lassell.

• 1913 – U.S. President Wilson triggered the explosion of the Gamboa Dike, completing major construction on the Panama Canal.

• 1964 – The Tokyo Summer Olympics opening ceremony was the first to be relayed live by satellites.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2