Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.65049bbbd90e9d75c2747324df9b060b.png

One of the things I loved about Gargoyles.

The villain DIDN'T surround himself with idiots, and when they had advice, HE LISTENED!

And he never, EVER made the same mistake twice.

Up to and including saying "You know what? This fight is over. You helped me when I needed it, so, I'm calling it quits."

Victor von DOOM! could learn a thing or two from David Xanatos

14 hours ago, haldir said:

Lost a day on Sunday. After working 10 hrs (again, I'm suppose to be out in 8) thanks to a very late load again (330 am), came home watched a bit of foozeball with my son, went upstairs took my socks & boots off & promptly fell asleep while I was talking with my wife. I woke up around 430ish or so.

I hate days like this. Make it through the week & I'll get 2 days in a row + my other day off. I need it for this month so far & the holidays aren't even here yet....ugh.

This is similar to a Bobby Jackson goblin, primed & started painting him, only to notice he is wearing @$$less chaps......

?!

Which goblin?

Asking for a friend. ::P:

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That moment when you realize that the tiefling librarian miniature that your wife painted for your birthday has a teeny tiny pink heart on her panties. :blush:

It took me almost a month to notice that.

The Auld Grump - not being in the habit of checking my miniatures' panties....

She's WEARING  panties!

Of COURSE I was going to put a pink heart on it!

It was that or scarlet lips! ::P:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

One of the things I loved about Gargoyles.

The villain DIDN'T surround himself with idiots, and when they had advice, HE LISTENED!

And he never, EVER made the same mistake twice.

Up to and including saying "You know what? This fight is over. You helped me when I needed it, so, I'm calling it quits."

Victor von DOOM! could learn a thing or two from David Xanatos

?!

I consider it to be one of the best shows out there because of that, it turned a lot of tropes on their head. Xanatos was an eminently practical man, and he I loved that he decided to go down his own redemption arc because of the fact that he was becoming a father.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Yeah, can’t find any firmware for it. An ONN hub, probably from Wally World. Seriously doubt there’s any. 

Out of curiosity I did a Duck Duck Go search and it returned multiple hits for an ONN USB HUB.

Might actually be something useful there.

Didn't pursue it any farther as I don't have any info on model number and etc.

GEM

13 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Stay safe 

We are warm and dry and have a well stocked pantry.  There's plenty of propane in the tank, water in the well, and the electricity is reliable.

Weather guessers say this front is supposed to blow through by late tomorrow.

The snow we are getting is intermittent and more of a harbinger of things to come than any sort of inconvenience.

Thanks for the positive waves.

GEM

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I consider it to be one of the best shows out there because of that, it turned a lot of tropes on their head. Xanatos was an eminently practical man, and he I loved that he decided to go down his own redemption arc because of the fact that he was becoming a father.

I like Frakes more as Xanatos than I do as Riker. And he's not bad as Riker! ::D:

Gargoyles would have been THE BOMB as a weekly prime time show.

Our friend Jen has a signed poster from the last Gathering of the Gargoyles, mostly by ST:tNG actors that moonlighted as gargoyles.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That moment when you realize that the tiefling librarian miniature that your wife painted for your birthday has a teeny tiny pink heart on her panties. :blush:

It took me almost a month to notice that.

The Auld Grump - not being in the habit of checking my miniatures' panties....

The details matter. I've painted miniatures where the miniature has dictated parts of the paint scheme (e.g., the deck chair had to be white with red and blue stripes).

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I like Frakes more as Xanatos than I do as Riker. And he's not bad as Riker! ::D:

Gargoyles would have been THE BOMB as a weekly prime time show.

Our friend Jen has a signed poster from the last Gathering of the Gargoyles, mostly by ST:tNG actors that moonlighted as gargoyles.

Interesting fact: in ST:tNG, the reason why Riker always put his foot on things or asserted dominance over chairs was because Frakes once wrecked his back moving furniture and this eased the pain.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I also heard that they're going to try and evict the guy who got shot a few backs. Before you have a response to that, I would like to point out that he refused medical attention, covered several walls/doors/elevators in graffiti spray paint, and was running around threatening people. After he was shot. Meth, hell of a drug, I guess. <_<

Most of the time, I'm being facetious when I say that sometimes certain people just need to get shot for the betterment of humanity.... Most of the time. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

image.png.65049bbbd90e9d75c2747324df9b060b.png

I usually just find myself surrounded by idiots without any effort on my part.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 8