Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Just spent the past 3 hours cleaning gutters of leaves before incoming weather tomorrow. I hate it. Cleaning gutters is like going into a porta-potty: you don't know for sure what you'll see, but it's going to smell horrible regardless.

Luckily I got to it before dad did. Recall he broke his leg a year ago cleaning gutters... and was about to use the same method for me using a leafblower (which would necessitate climbing above a safe distance on the ladder). Nay, I said, and did it by hand.

• Like 11

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I swear, Microsoft Word just has me randomly changing out commas or adding in commas. 

I could also be too many years away from sophomore English classes, too.

Nah. This is Bill’s fault.

I subscribe to the Sir Terry Pratchett School of Punctuation.

Gates can go pound sand, preferably someplace with lots of sharp rocks and no mallet.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

John is going to have "just a little bit" of cleanup work to do from the "calling cards" left by his guests.

For that kind of compost I'd shovel it for free. 

Been a long day, 12 hours fasting for a blood test (came out fine), a punch in the shoulder (tetanus booster) and too much driving in heavy traffic.  I feel a Reaper order coming on...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

So you'll be getting two Sergeant Castuses and a Primaris Lieutenant With Storm Shield, right? 

I'm very happy for you!

Why would I get those when I'll have a Daemons of Tzeentch Start Collecting box? ::P:

And thank you to everyone, I do appreciate the congratulations. It's good to be productive again, but it won't feel real until I wake up at 5 a.m. Monday.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Why would I get those when I'll have a Daemons of Tzeentch Start Collecting box? ::P:

And thank you to everyone, I do appreciate the congratulations. It's good to be productive again, but it won't feel real until I wake up at 5 a.m. Monday.

Ugh, early am alarm clocks.  I am so not a fan.  The biweekly deposits into my bank account though, those I'm definitely liking. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ugh, early am alarm clocks.  I am so not a fan.  The biweekly deposits into my bank account though, those I'm definitely liking. 

I start at 6:30 so I can go with the driver for training as tome ferryman. The days that I do sorting will have a little more fluid start time.

• Like 7

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I start at 6:30 so I can go with the driver for training as tome ferryman. The days that I do sorting will have a little more fluid start time.

Sounds fun. 

... My alarm goes off at 4am so I have the energy and drive to make my 6:10 bus, to get to work for 07:30 >.<

• Like 7

So, Grumpy was running his afterschool game when BD tugged on my sleeve: Bad Guy!

Because Grumpy was doing a Bad Guy voice.

The look on our daughter's face wasn't saying "Bad Guys Are Scary" more of a look saying that if Daddy was a supervillain, she would be perfectly okay with it. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Friday! So let's begin the trivia for October 15th:

• 1582 – Adoption of the Gregorian calendar began, eventually leading to near-universal adoption.

• 1815 – Napoleon began his final exile under British observation on Saint Helena in the South Atlantic Ocean.

• 1951 – Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes completed the synthesis of norethisterone, the basis of an early oral contraceptive.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Good morning!  Happy Friday!

Anyone have any interesting plans for this weekend? 

Mine involve cleaning a litter box, a D&D game and packing up/leaving for a business trip to MN, so my bar for interesting isn't very high. 

Mine involves trying to organize our storage room (hopefully without upsetting my back), and maybe a game of SW Legion. 

And then starting on call for my first 5 day week in over a month. :down:

• Like 8