Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yeah, I was interested in getting my hands on 'The Hills Have Legs', that looked kinda neat to me. There were a few other items that interested me also. 

My heartache is with the 'buy this product to get access to the free stuff' thing. So, if I drop $50 on paints, that's not good enough because it's not what you wanted me to buy? Sorry, that's BS in my opinion.

I hope it works out well for you, though.::): In fact, I don't want to bring anybody down; by all means everyone should go support their local store and I hope you get some good loot. It's just not for me this year.

If you don't mind, would you let me know about the particulars of that adventure, please?

Now that I agree with, the product/promo brings people into the store, you should be able to buy what you want, get a product. Hell never know those paints might go onto a mini or terrain for the game you just got free. My store was a little heavy handed, but it was if you came in & did nothing, you got your choice of 3 items. If you played a game, you got your choice (all the books on the table, sure. Just 1, np. The very limited stuff was given out to the GMs or was a if you played at least 3 games (there was 3 GM/DMs today) you got the premium treasure set that was offered by Mantic Games or the cottage/night hag from WIzkids.

I arrived around 1230 as I needed to get the pregens from Humblewood printed & that had to be done across town. Showed up, the Pathfinder game was going with 3 people & the Zombcide RPG GM was waiting for people. Overall it was fun to be at the store on a Saturday & be there all day. One thing I do miss out on having a graveyard job on a Saturday night. I remembered that I didn't tell one of my  players from our Weds game about the free rpging, so I got ahold of him & he showed & I also got ahold of a guy that I hadn't seen/gamed with since about this time last year. He's 16 or 17 & the costs of playing prevents him. He said he was trying to get a job so he could return to a regular schedule at the store. Anyways we had a 3rd player but he had to leave early (anther 17 year old) + I thought a guy wanted to play but he had to leave, so my players agreed to play the game with 2 character each. While it was a bit confusing to have 2 characters per character I was smart to put a number on each pregen, but I did that as the "minis" they used were bases with numbers on them. It ended up "ok Player 1 what is your initiative or Player 3, I need a DEX save please". 

It was a fun adventure thou & both players had a good time. All in all, I'm glad I took this night off, hell getting paid for it + I don't have to deal with whatever would await for me at work tonight. :winkthumbs:

• Like 9

I got the Raft of the Damned and I like it. I don't like how sloped the top is but it looks cool and I'll probably put some pins in to hold minis in place. I'm going to grab two more for my Dark Elf crew in Ghost Archipelago, as they're, um, rather nasty folks.

My plan for tonight is to get those Amazons I've had "in progress" for a while now. I might also try to get some cleaning done as well. Because next month is NaNo and I won't have any free time... :ph34r:

• Like 11

Sunday... let's jump to the trivia for October 17th:

• 1662 – Charles II of England sold Dunkirk to his cousin Louis XIV of France for 40,000 pounds.

• 1771 – Premiere in Milan of the opera Ascanio in Alba, composed by Mozart at age 15.

• 1931 – Crime boss Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion, not his other criminal activities.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

It looks like I'm going to have to spend some time cleaning up my workbench today. It measures 2 feet by 4 feet, and after working on a project last night, I have reduced my available work space to absolutely zero. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

26 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It looks like I'm going to have to spend some time cleaning up my workbench today. It measures 2 feet by 4 feet, and after working on a project last night, I have reduced my available work space to absolutely zero. 

Mines six feet wide and I'm lucky to even have most of an 18x24" cutting mat available...  Usually the other half of the desk is occupied with hubby building something. 

...Hey, he wanted to build a kit, is rather enjoying it, has another one waiting for him, so I don't mind at all.  It's also helping me focus on keeping my section tidy, so it's a double win there in my eyes! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Somehow mine always seems to achieve the same state of clutter.

So don't feel any guilt about having to take some time to "restore order".

GEM

• Like 9

Shame on you!

I'm certain absolutely nobody on this forum ever had to deal with that problem.

I for one keep a crisp clean workplace!

See? It's right under that pile of unpainted minis, half painted minis and terrain stuff.

Absolutely crisp!

• Haha 14

My workspace is so packed with stuff that it's warped the laws of physics and formed its own pocket dimension - there's actually four tables' worth of stuff on it, so if I cleaned it, the pocket dimension would just push out more stuff onto it, lol.

• Haha 12

The test is, though, do you know what all is on that workbench? If so, no need to clean it up, as it acts as a burglar alarm! Someone sees the clutter, thinks "he'll never notice something missing from that", helps themself to a five-finger discount of your stuff... and then your mental alarms go off next time you see it.

Granted, this is the same argument I use to try to prevent dusting, and despite the logic it is rooted in, I always seem to end up dusting... dust really is a perfect way to show someone stole something. Giant clean spot amidst the dust, who won't notice that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Urgh... today has not been a good day.

Spoiler

I think my housemate has come down with something a lot worse than a bad dose of flu. 

She's spent most of today asleep and when she is awake she's very shaky and confused, she always is a bit (thanks to all the medication she's on) but never to this extent, she's even been getting rather angry and aggressive with me because I can't help her brain connect the dots.

Going to phone our doctor in the morning, see what they think. Hopefully I'm just overreacting, but, sadly, I don't think I am. 

• Sad 17

17 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh... today has not been a good day.

Hide contents

I think my housemate has come down with something a lot worse than a bad dose of flu. 

She's spent most of today asleep and when she is awake she's very shaky and confused, she always is a bit (thanks to all the medication she's on) but never to this extent, she's even been getting rather angry and aggressive with me because I can't help her brain connect the dots.

Going to phone our doctor in the morning, see what they think. Hopefully I'm just overreacting, but, sadly, I don't think I am. 

Don't get to upset over this reaction.  It's a typical externalization of the frustration experienced by somebody having short term memory problems.

I experienced it for a number of years after my accident, and still have occasional episodes of "memory holes".

In addition, my wife has some Alzheimer's symptoms and I get this frustration aimed at me when I can't figure out what she is attempting to communicate.

Good Luck.

GEMd

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1