Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Don't get to upset over this reaction.  It's a typical externalization of the frustration experienced by somebody having short term memory problems.

I experienced it for a number of years after my accident, and still have occasional episodes of "memory holes".

In addition, my wife has some Alzheimer's symptoms and I get this frustration aimed at me when I can't figure out what she is attempting to communicate.

Good Luck.

GEMd

Thanks for the advice!

I'm trying to stay calm, but it's got me really freaked out at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Cleaning your hobby space is easy. Observe.

*shoves everything off table*

Silly wizard, you actually think that the floor around the bench is any less cluttered? ::P:

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Silly wizard, you actually think that the floor around the bench is any less cluttered? ::P:

You don't hobby on the floor, so it doesn't count. The bench is now clear for hobbying, and I've simultaneously prevented your cats from knocking anything off. I'd call that a productive day. ::D:

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

image.png.1765a1f90a3c9bbe233b9744f1fbc8e3.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-girl-scout-cookies-marijuana-dispensary-20200214-xvzdv7r2tzh4xmeqmu7orgqlou-story.html%3foutputType=amp

(Wow I will modify that link when I get home)

I'd say they get their merit badge in business economics! 

• Haha 10

Okay. On the road WAY TOO MUCH yesterday and today; somehow what was supposed to be maybe five hours on the road turned into seven .. Oops. 

Side note, if the opportunity presents, Leavenworth is worth visiting. It wasn't where we went, but we got lunch there, as we went by.

The Saga of the Well has moved to the 'Waiting on the County for The Bestowing of the Permit' stage, as of.. um.. Thursday? Thursday. Might have actually been Wednesday, but I'unno, I'm loopy. Monday was 'Hi, we need to find your septi- WTF DID THEY DO?!', which involved two or three guys and some kind of pocket back hoe, which they delicately shoe-horned through a walk-gate (a wide walk gate, but still) and proceeded to use to dig a hell of a lot of bramble out of and off of the .. lone.. piece of whatever the heck it is they use to do drain fields off septic tanks. 

I was really amazed that there was a drain field at all; because half of every damn thing ELSE had been done wrong... but, there is one. They couldn't scope it; they got their camera back as a dripping... well. You can guess. It was nasty. I have no idea how they got it un-crapped.

That was Monday. Tuesday, as mentioned, was Brush Clearing and Tree Dropping day, and I still need to get the boys out there and shift all the wood. Wednesday was 'Dude Wanders Around With Surveying Equipment' day, which involved a lot of swearing.

Did I mention all of this? I may have. I am, as mentioned, loopy.

We used Getting A Shower as an excuse to go investigate a place for possible later impact. Excellent water pressure. 10/10. Less amused with the closed kitchen. 0/10. Not really amused with the amenities and layout. 5/10. Overall experience - because we DID manage to score a decent breakfast from the nearby Grocery/Bakery edifice - 8/10, would recommend.

However, as pretty as the drive was, I have been in a car for entirely too long, and am heckin' done. 

And now I have .. three days of Inktober to catch up on, because I can't art in a moving vehicle.

• Like 16

Monday... argh... time for trivia from October 18th:

• 1599 – Michael the Brave, Prince of Wallachia, defeated the army of Andrew Báthory in the Battle of Șelimbăr, leading to the first recorded unification of the Romanian people (Wallachia, Transylvania and Moldavia).

• 1851 – Herman Melville's Moby-Dick was first published as The Whale by Richard Bentley of London.

• 1963 – Félicette, a black and white female Parisian stray cat, became the first cat launched into space as part of the French space program (and returned safely).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Urgh... today has not been a good day.

Reveal hidden contents

I think my housemate has come down with something a lot worse than a bad dose of flu. 

She's spent most of today asleep and when she is awake she's very shaky and confused, she always is a bit (thanks to all the medication she's on) but never to this extent, she's even been getting rather angry and aggressive with me because I can't help her brain connect the dots.

Going to phone our doctor in the morning, see what they think. Hopefully I'm just overreacting, but, sadly, I don't think I am. 

Bit of an update on this:-

Spoiler

Talked to the doctor and they reckon she has a bad chest infection (again), so I've just got to give her antibiotics and keep an eye on her. 

Didn't seem concerned about her behaviour, so I guess it's fairly common (normally, she ends up in hospital with stuff like this, so I'm not there to see how she is) and I was overreacting, still very scary though. 

• Like 10