Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

I'm gonna have fun asking Grumpy "Who's Yoko Ono?" With my moost innocent face.  ::P:

Besides, we’re just getting back an hour we “lost” earlier this year.  I can’t keep up with the entirety of the pop culture realm within living memory, and don’t bother to pretend to try. ::P:

• Like 7

I managed to get pins into the Raft. It took nine of them. And my pin vise bit me doing it.  I might just add rails or something to it instead. I don't know. I put poster putty to cover the pokey bits...

I got no painting done. I was going to this morning but I'm tired. I woke up tired. So, I making some chicken and crawling into bed after I finish it. I'm going to get up early tonight and do what I need to do.

The little lies we tell ourselves... :ph34r:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I'm gonna have fun asking Grumpy "Who's Yoko Ono?" With my moost innocent face.  ::P:

On a similar note:

Saturday I was wearing one of my well cared for chambray shirts from 2000, memento from a long distance riders rally [24 hour format] I was assistant rally master for, having written most of the actual rally.  At the local Kroger [Smith's] the young lady bagging remarked on the logo above the shirt pocket.  I replied, "If you like that, you will love this." as I turned around so she could see the back print.  Her response "I wasn't even born then.", at which I just smiled and looked at the checker who smiled back.

GEM

• Like 10

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Monday... argh... time for trivia from October 18th:

• 1599 – Michael the Brave, Prince of Wallachia, defeated the army of Andrew Báthory in the Battle of Șelimbăr, leading to the first recorded unification of the Romanian people (Wallachia, Transylvania and Moldavia).

• 1851 – Herman Melville's Moby-Dick was first published as The Whale by Richard Bentley of London.

• 1963 – Félicette, a black and white female Parisian stray cat, became the first cat launched into space as part of the French space program (and returned safely).

1925 - The Grand Ole Opry premieres in Nashville, Tenn.

GEM

• Like 7

On Saturday I had a friend come over to help me with the Lawn War. The pile of brush now resembles the wall the Spartans were building in 300 except with plant corpses. The night before something, probably a coyote but perhaps Mothman tore apart a possum in the back yard which was unpleasant to clean up and the smell lingered giving a grim vibe to the proceedings. Sunday I got nothing done due to my arms going into open revolt, today the Lawn has sent it's minion Allergy Spirits to lay me low. 

Supposedly the city will be doing a final brush pick up towards the end of the month, but if they don't then I'm setting it aflame, in part to see if the Riders of Rohan show up thinking Gondor called for aid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

On a similar note:

Saturday I was wearing one of my well cared for chambray shirts from 2000, memento from a long distance riders rally [24 hour format] I was assistant rally master for, having written most of the actual rally.  At the local Kroger [Smith's] the young lady bagging remarked on the logo above the shirt pocket.  I replied, "If you like that, you will love this." as I turned around so she could see the back print.  Her response "I wasn't even born then.", at which I just smiled and looked at the checker who smiled back.

GEM

I have a tee I stole from Mum for the Ramones. ::D: She had like three of them.

Grump has a tee for Flatt& Scruggs. ::o:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

On a similar note, at the FLGS this past Saturday, I was there for freerpgday, but it was also boardgame night & the "usuals" were at their table. I knew them & their daughter who is 19 was up, but they were playing some sorta card game similar to Cards against Humanity but one of the cards came up "Mr Rogers such in such.." She was like 'Who's Mr Rogers?". I think she stopped the entire room as everyone looked at her. 

• Haha 10