Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for October 19th:

• 1469 – Ferdinand II of Aragon married Isabella I of Castile, a marriage that paved the way to the unification of Aragon and Castile into a single country, Spain.

• 1789 – John Jay was sworn in as the first Chief Justice of the United States.

• 1943 – Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, was isolated by researchers at Rutgers University.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, TripleH said:

It appears that R.I.B.B.I.T. has been meeting with and obtaining advanced tech from Extraterrestrial beings:

image.png.8dbcd3af48e5e19755ce2e15efecabc1.png

The careless agent messing around with classified equipment has been located and censured.  R.I.B.B.I.T. internal operations thanks you for your tip and requests that you stand ... right there, no 8" to the left ... for the next five minutes.  See following point.

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Looks to me like W.O.O.F. camouflage training. Very subtle with the orange and W.O.O.F. emblazoned on the side.

R.I.B.B.I.T. intelligence indicates this is actually M.E.O.W. subterfuge and can be countered with standard orbiting death rays I mean space laser pointers.

Edited by Froggy the Great
  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

18 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

We don't need to worry about raking leaves as the next Washoe Zephyr will just blow them all over into the next county.

GEM

We have discovered that living on the very western edge of our town next to a corn/soybean field means our leaves blow away into town, and we only have a few dried corn stalks and leaves to deal with every other year. 

Spent yesterday doing an install for a city in MN.   

I was finishing up the wiring for the system while a city electrician assisted me, and SEVEN other people "supervised" us. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, haldir said:

We have found that leaving them just makes the grass die, so they get put into our compost system.  Also, Black Spot is common here, and leaving the infected leaves in the yard makes it worse for the trees.  So know what's going on in your yard before assuming that raking is bad. 

18 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

We don't need to worry about raking leaves as the next Washoe Zephyr will just blow them all over into the next county.

GEM

Yeah, we get high winds here, the leaves like to collect against the gate on the east side of the house. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Got my flu shot today. They put a self-healing septum kind of doodad on my arm, and injected through that, no bandaid afterwards. Septum traps any blood until the puncture clots. Sent me on my way. Pretty cool, never seen those for arm injections before. Must be easier on the pharmacy techs who are licensed to give injections. If you get one of the septa/doodads, when you take it off at home, you will see a big circle of partially dried blood since the thing doesn't absorb stuff, so don't freak out.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

We have found that leaving them just makes the grass die, so they get put into our compost system.  Also, Black Spot is common here, and leaving the infected leaves in the yard makes it worse for the trees.  So know what's going on in your yard before assuming that raking is bad. 

Yah we rake up ours as well. I'm just not a fan of the look o leaves everywhere. Raking is not a task I look forward but it's part of the season.

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, we get high winds here, the leaves like to collect against the gate on the east side of the house. 

Same here, except ours is just the fence between us & our eastside neighbor. Granted, there is the rest of the yard to pick up as well.

I should throw my shoes on & go start that damning task this morning.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

With all the talk going on about being old:
image.png.29a2796d2f1ba95954989d3920b62605.png

In *my* days, 1st level magic users would roll 1d4 hit dice, get a 1 and curse the dice gods be grateful for it!

In those day, you could die from a paper cut, or tripping on a house cat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

We have discovered that living on the very western edge of our town next to a corn/soybean field means our leaves blow away into town, and we only have a few dried corn stalks and leaves to deal with every other year. 

Spent yesterday doing an install for a city in MN.   

I was finishing up the wiring for the system while a city electrician assisted me, and SEVEN other people "supervised" us. 

None of whom would have actually been able to do the job themselves.

GEM

• Like 5