Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Hey peeps, I want to bump the fact that voting is open for the 18th quarterly contest, voting is held on the Reaper site now (it was previously held on facebook), go check out all of the awesome Cave Troll entries and give a vote to the ones you like the most!

Voting gallery is here: https://www.reapermini.com/paintingcontests/contest/18th-quarterly-contest

Edited by Guindyloo
made link clickable
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I thought today was going too well, currently waiting on an ambulance...

Reveal hidden contents

The housemate has gone really weird this evening, so I had to call in some help.

I'm hoping that it's nothing and I'm wasting everybodies time, but I really don't know what else to do at this point.

Well that backfired spectacularly:-

Spoiler

Housemate was more or less back to normal by the time the ambulance arrived, so the paramedics were annoyed at me for the wasted trip, and the housemate is extremely annoyed at me for calling them too.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again because I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I guess the lesson is just don't try helping people.

• Sad 17

Just now, aku-chan said:

Well that backfired spectacularly:-

Hide contents

Housemate was more or less back to normal by the time the ambulance arrived, so the paramedics were annoyed at me for the wasted trip, and the housemate is extremely annoyed at me for calling them too.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again because I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I guess the lesson is just don't try helping people.

If it happens again you need to confiscate all of their meds and put them someplace they can't access.

If it happens again, you need to have video documentation of what is going on, so when you do have to call the paramedics you can show them exactly what is going on.

Either that, or it's time to re-evaluate the living arrangements.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

*sigh*

Apparently, Monday decided to sleep in until Tuesday. I broke my chair. By sitting in it, as one does.

Hopefully, nobody else's day started in such an ignominious fashion.

DH's chair did that once. He had to buy a new one. 

My day started with a warm freezer and a dripping package of pork chops.... there's only our thanksgiving turkey and about $150 worth of other meat in there....  Thankfully, it was only a loose plug and the freezer is chugging away making cold air.  Mostly cured meats, bacon, brats, smoked chicken, and stuff not affected by thawing, like muffins, bread,  canned juice, ravioli, and various ice packs.  I think it's all ok. 

39 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Thankfully I found a loophole of sorts involving a firepit, and I have a decent supply of small logs that if the city sends a minion around I can attempt to write off the leaves as "kindling". The plan is to have the main blaze on Halloween so that I can further cite religious reasons if I need to. 

We're not allowed to have a bonfire within city limits either, but we've found you can burn anything in a barrel smoker. 

7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

If it happens again you need to confiscate all of their meds and put them someplace they can't access.

If it happens again, you need to have video documentation of what is going on, so when you do have to call the paramedics you can show them exactly what is going on.

You ought to document what happened today before you forget the details.   Date, times, what you observed, how long it lasted, what you did, etc.  If there is a "next time" you'll have two records to show. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Yep!

For D e c a d e s  :rolleyes:

GEM

Addendum:  For the Record: I complete my 72nd solar revolution tomorrow morning.

Firesign Theater has been a part of my life for most of my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZOXm3zY1w

Not as old - but with similarities - Dead Alewives reveal the dark secrets of Dungeons & Dragons - https://youtu.be/9Kgx2b1sIRs

Yeah, I know - everyone's heard it - but wait, there's more!

The lesser known sequel, from the Dr. Demento Show - https://youtu.be/IKa9lfiGBqs

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just started adding up the years - I've known Crazy Crow for ten years - and most crows only live about nine, in the wild.

He has a nice sheltered place, on Muriel's porch - but he is not a young bird.

About six months after meeting him, a young witch made her interest known to me at a pagan retreat.

Where the heck does the time go?

The Auld Grump

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, today should be interesting. After work, I'm going to be meeting up with an old Navy buddy I haven't seen in about 20 years.

I just got home rom meeting up with my old shipmate. He's in town for a business conference, so he reached out to see what I was doing.

Two and a half hours isn't near long enough to catch up on almost 30 years. 

It was a very pleasant way to spend the evening, though.

• Like 18

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Either that, or it's time to re-evaluate the living arrangements.

I handle all the meds so no concerns on that front.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to video what's going on, but I will try and document it in case that helps.

Hopefully, everyone is right and it's just the infection causing this, but it's all new to me and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not coping too well.

• Like 10

What Happened Wednesday for October 20th:

• 1882 – Bela Lugosi, Hungarian-American actor, and iconic Dracula, was born.

• 1973 – The Sydney Opera House was opened by Elizabeth II after 14 years of construction.

• 2003 – The Sloan Great Wall, once the largest cosmic structure known to humanity ("wall" meaning a bunch of galaxies that are gravitationally bound to each other), was discovered by students at Princeton University.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

*sigh*

Apparently, Monday decided to sleep in until Tuesday. I broke my chair. By sitting in it, as one does. It's one of those star bases, with a wheel at each end. An end snapped off when I tried to move it up to my desk as, again, one does.

I've contacted the manufacturer; maybe they can help. Or send me a new base. Or something. I don't know; ball is presently in their court. I'm tempted to go right the hell back to bed.

Hopefully, nobody else's day started in such an ignominious fashion.

Unfortunately, replacement star bases are generally one of the pricier pieces to get a replacement of, so hopefully you can get the manufacturer to replace it.  (Checks big river .com....wow they are much cheaper in the US than Canada......).

And if you do go to replace the star base, don't believe the videos on how to replace them.  They all go "tap, tap" and it falls of.  Mine have always been more like "pound on things for an hour and it finally comes loose"....

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

I handle all the meds so no concerns on that front.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to video what's going on, but I will try and document it in case that helps.

Hopefully, everyone is right and it's just the infection causing this, but it's all new to me and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm not coping too well.

If you have the tools to check temperature, blood pressure and blood sugar, all of them can lead to short term (and long term) changes, and all can be affected by an infection.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1