Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, kristof65 said:

OMG.  He went home to get the puller extractor, got back to site and we find out he doesn't have the key to get into the box where we have to change the chips. 

ETA: I'm doing extra ranting about this job here because it's a job I protested doing, and my contract was threatened over it.  It should have been done by the area distributor, but the salesman effed up, and sold direct, so they want me to get it done quietly without the distributor finding out.  I'm doing the job as directed without complaining, but documenting every minutiae of things that go wrong, and writing it all up as a huge "I told you so!" when I'm done.  

Would this possibly be the salesman that triggered your epiphany on the Universal Truth?

GEM

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

This describes a rather awkward conversation I had today at work:

119699818_10208285426409282_1372586581873498285_n.thumb.jpg.b5ccd68c32093236570199eec1cead02.jpg

The funny thing is they keep giving you weird looks even when they realize why you have 3+ knives on you despite being a warehouse worker... 

I have three knives just on my hobbying desk! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

119699818_10208285426409282_1372586581873498285_n.thumb.jpg.b5ccd68c32093236570199eec1cead02.jpg

Sounds about right.   ::D:

One of the engineers at work asked to borrow a knife the other day, and I asked a similar question - I had to elaborate that I had on my person a key knife on my keychain, a Testors hobby knife, a utility knife, a folding blade, and a machete out in the trunk of my car.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So do your want the full size Leatherman, the Leatherman micra [with scissors], the small pen knife or my heavy duty utility knife?

GEM

Addendum:  Or do you need the "gadget" that is a flat piece of steel with a sharp edge, bottle opener, and several size hex openings that rides around in my wallet?  [Plus the P-38 can opener]

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles
  • Like 9

I decided to give each of the after school groups different side missions while they are in Viacanali.

Should be fun, in a... somewhat espionage filled way.

The City and Kingdom of Sharlaeone does not entirely trust their trade partner.

The Auld Grump

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I have had similar reactions from both Jackie and Megan - I do cooking - I have an assortment of bladey things.

• Like 11

Alright. I give up. 

Any excuse to get walkies... that doesn't involve getting a dog, heck off with your W.O.O.F. Pamphlets. Between cats, chickens and Andi's inability to live with a canine, that ain't happening.

I was right, though. This thing IS rather clever, if otherwise so very much not my cup of tea. However. Does anyone even still play Pokemon Go?

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

WEEKEND QUESTION Oct. 22th - Oct. 24th.

Go outdoors and take pics of something spooky.

Show us.

For example an eerie building, a creepy spider, etc etc..

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Alright. I give up. 

Any excuse to get walkies... that doesn't involve getting a dog, heck off with your W.O.O.F. Pamphlets. Between cats, chickens and Andi's inability to live with a canine, that ain't happening.

I was right, though. This thing IS rather clever, if otherwise so very much not my cup of tea. However. Does anyone even still play Pokemon Go?

Well, I just gave you an excuse, .

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

See, I have this type of conversation but with adhesives instead. "Whatcha gluin'/tapin'?"

Oh, I get that one, too, more at home, though. Apparently, with all the different glues and epoxies, etc. I can fix any/everything.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

See, I have this type of conversation but with adhesives instead. "Whatcha gluin'/tapin'?"

I used to be confused by such if one goes back far enough, but I just assumed superglue was used for everything.  I hadn't discovered the joy of Tamiya Extra Thin yet. 

....Now I have four different glues - errrr five - on my desk... 

• Like 8

I do declare, it appears to be Friday... let's start the historical happenings for October 22nd:

• 1730 – Construction of the Ladoga Canal was completed, one of the first major canals in Russia to bypass the stormy waters of Lake Ladoga.

• 1879 – Using a filament of carbonized thread, Thomas Edison tested the first practical electric incandescent light bulb (it lasts 13.5 hours before burning out).

• 1976 – Red Dye No. 4 was banned by the US Food and Drug Administration after it was discovered that it caused tumors in the bladders of dogs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Huh.  Two of the four cats in the house, who normally have a hostile coexistence in the house, had a screaming rival slap-fight across a closed glass window just now.

We are set to move to our own place on freekin' Halloween, and then there will just be two cats in each household.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I used to be confused by such if one goes back far enough, but I just assumed superglue was used for everything.  I hadn't discovered the joy of Tamiya Extra Thin yet. 

....Now I have four different glues - errrr five - on my desk... 

Have you discovered the joy of Tamiya Extra Thin Quick Setting yet? :wub:

• Like 6