Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Oh the joy of finding out Tamiya's lacquer line of brush paints is sold in the US by a online retailer. I've been wanting to use those but really only way was overseas ordering & with that being a challenge these days, one I didn't want to risk.

• Like 10

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Oh the joy of finding out Tamiya's lacquer line of brush paints is sold in the US by a online retailer. I've been wanting to use those but really only way was overseas ordering & with that being a challenge these days, one I didn't want to risk.

I'd say order from Canada, but lacquer paints are things CanadaPost gets really cranky about. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hey all, Hope everyone is doing the best they can. I have a stupid question, I just read the Reaper newsletter..... I want to know more about the adventure. Any and all info is welcome.... 

What newsletter? 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

One of the NPCs in one of my campaigns has a new theme song, thanks to @Pingo's daughter - https://youtu.be/IrV90gXmOpA - it was in Red's video on King Midas.

The NPC... is not one of the heroes.

The Auld Grump

thanks for the reminder. I saw that one up, but didn't have the time to watch it. Something I ned to remedy. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Inarah said:

What newsletter? 

The one they've done the occasional push to get people to sign up for but until recently haven't done much if anything with it.  Not quite sure where the signup for it is, probably on their site. 

They send out one a month now with various info in it. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I hear you on that one. I keep telling myself I'm going to work on my bingo card to try and finish some thing before the year is up, as well as learn and watch some tutorials for some logo/picture editing software, but there's just never enough time in the day. What I plan to do during the day never gets done. I don't know where the hours go.

I find that the TV used to consume much of my time off. These days it's split between the computer screen and my phone. I'm trying to get back on track. Trying.

Tonight, I'm going to finish my write up of the Deadlands adventure and then put on some Scooby Doo while I try to clean. And paint, if I have time.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The one they've done the occasional push to get people to sign up for but until recently haven't done much if anything with it.  Not quite sure where the signup for it is, probably on their site. 

Ah. Apparently not everyone who signed up is receiving it then.  I saw nothing about it on social media.... 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The Reaper main page has a place to fill in your email for the newsletter at the bottom of the page. 

Looks like they are asking for questions to Ask Sophie for next month's newsletter.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Hey y'all! Had to skip 40 pages because I just don’t have the mental energy for it, but I wanted to share some happy news.

My job search has finally paid off and I’ve been offered an accounting position with an organization that helps people! I’m so excited about! It represents an approximate 10k increase in my yearly income, it has benefits, and my work will be helping people! 

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the additional benefit of not being constantly exposed to every virus known to man (or baby!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Struggling to get back into painting mode, but even with Skyrim taking up almost all my free time until the 0k bug hit, I managed to write 53 pages this week. Takes place some years after the first story, the ouija board gone wrong one. Got the very end/epilogue of book 4 and the beginning of book 5 down, and a section towards the end of book 5. Main character is currently hunted by law enforcement, FBI, CID,and an occult offshoot of the NSA, the Mammonites whose soul gathering operation he just destroyed,and fanatical witch hunter militia types. So he's currently trapped on a plot of land claimed by one of the Old Gods, (was once Erlik the God of Darkness), in order to evade being found by remote viewing. Of course Erlik is demanding sacrifice in exchange for sanctuary/not being eaten, he's got an irritated spirit attached to him that is getting impatient about being brought back, he claimed the ring of Sylvester II from the leader of the Mammonite coven only to discover that Walter Maps got almost everything wrong, and he's slowly being taken by the infectious venom of a Wendigo. 

Then there's the parts about Atlantis, reincarnation, time travel, and the logistics of finding food when you're trapped in a place animals avoid. A lot of things to juggle, but I've got a pretty good idea now of how to pull that off. 

• Like 12

Sunday... here's a few things that happened on this day in history, October 24th:

• 1851 – William Lassell discovered the moons Umbriel and Ariel orbiting Uranus.

• 1901 – Annie Edson Taylor, on her 63rd birthday, became the first person to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel.

• 1926 – Harry Houdini's last performance took place at the Garrick Theatre in Detroit, Michigan.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey y'all! Had to skip 40 pages because I just don’t have the mental energy for it, but I wanted to share some happy news.

My job search has finally paid off and I’ve been offered an accounting position with an organization that helps people! I’m so excited about! It represents an approximate 10k increase in my yearly income, it has benefits, and my work will be helping people! 

That's great! I'm happy to hear it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Congrats! That sounds great!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1