Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

The reaction I had when I first heard Metallica on the classic rock station was, 'Cool!'

Then, I remembered what station I was listening to.

I've been doing that a lot lately. But it has mostly been Green Day on the classic station. And the White Stripes, once, apparently.

• Like 9

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I have no idea.  Just the other day her friend was harassing her via Facetime about it, and she had no interest.  I used to do elaborate costumes for her brother, and was looking forward to doing the same for her when she got old enough to decide 2-3 months in advance and not change her mind by Halloween. 

I'm really bummed about it because our town has a Town Square trick or treat, and a lot of the parents dress up with their kids. I was going to make myself a costume, too.   My wife tells me I still should, but I don't want to go walk around the square without a kid in costume. 

In other news, I think our engineer is developing a reading comprehension problem.  I asked him a question via email that was copied to all the techs, then another tech asked a related but tangential question, and neither question really got answered in his reply. 

Costumed child dummy in a stroller.

Even more effective if the dummy compliments your own costume.

GEM

Addendum:  My brain is screaming CHUCKY! at me.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

and now my pathfinder group is discussing sex and consent, in character...Strange people. But I love them. 

to make things better, in the next combat when the barbarian got stabbed his response was "no, you should not touch me, you need consent to touch people" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

and now my pathfinder group is discussing sex and consent, in character...Strange people. But I love them. 

Not all that long ago, an RPG YouTube show... kind of exploded because of such matters. (With the GM just plain not reading the players at all. Far Verona - Trigger Warning.

Honestly, I blame the GM.

Unconnected - in the after school game, this group got to deal with Agent Herringbone 'please call me Harry' Tweed. (No, it's not a bad pseudonym - his parents named him that. Poor Harry.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

What Happened Wednesday for October 27th:

• 939 – Æthelstan, first king of all England, died and was succeeded by his half-brother, Edmund I.

• 1275 – Traditional founding date of the city of Amsterdam.

• 1962 – Cuban Missile Crisis: By refusing to agree to the firing of a nuclear torpedo at a US warship, Vasily Arkhipov averted nuclear war.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

On 10/25/2021 at 9:28 PM, Froggy the Great said:

Spent the evening at the new house.  

The kitchen is now 1% unpacked.

We need to rent a truck and roust out some willing accomplices this Saturday to move All The Things.

We move beds tomorrow, so we Will Have Moved.  

U-Haul's website is being (gl)itchy about our pickup time for the big push, so I need to talk to a human.

• Like 12

17 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

"I'm just about 30. I used to work at a place with like 19-20 year old kids, and they would comment that she plays the music their parents listened to. Then it dawned on me. I'm 40, I am their parents....

In my late 20s during the mid 1990s, I worked at a Family Fun Center (mini golf, go-karts, arcade) with a lot of teenagers. 

So one day one of the 16 year old cashiers asks me why I'm in such a good mood, and I tell her "Going to see the Styx concert tonight" to which her reply is "Who's Styx."  That was the first time I ever felt old, and I was only 11 years older than she was. 

Today looks like it's going to be all about arguing semantics with customers again.   Guy wants to do X, I tell him how to do X. He argues that he can't do X as I described, because he doesn't have Y.  I try to tell him that doesn't matter, he can still do X.   This is all over the name of a certain function - because it's named Y, he thinks it won't do X, when in reality the only difference between X and Y is the name. 

This is not the first time this has happened. For example, in one area of the point of sale software, there are three different menu options that all run an identical report, simply because different owners got hung up on the name of said report.  The engineer gave up arguing and just created a new menu option to run the report with a different name on the top. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2