Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Citrine said:

I love love love onions, but I cannot eat them anymore.  I get serious stomach pains every time I do. 

How about caramalizing them?

Also..there's a difference in red onions, yellow onions and white onions.

Maybe one of them is easier to digest for you?

• Like 8

Well, I put paint on some minis last night. But, I discovered that my brushes are in terrible shape. I'm going to need new ones... As soon as I get paid. And after I figure out what ones to get. I've also forgotten several things so I'll have to go back to my old resources so I can re-learn stuff. I guess painting IS a persishable skill.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

How about caramalizing them?

Also..there's a difference in red onions, yellow onions and white onions.

Maybe one of them is easier to digest for you?

I cannot eat onions because they are full of fructose, I became fructose intolerant about 5 years ago.  I get my onion kick from the green parts of green onions and leeks now.

I also cannot eat apples, pears, or any other fruit that has more fructose than glucose.

As long as I stick to the Low FODMAP diet developed by Monash University in Australia, I do fine. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everybody!

What are your plans for the weekend?

I've got some usual household chores I need to knock out, and then I'm hoping to do some painting. Some reading may be in the schedule, too.

• Like 8

Weekend plans? Hoping to meet up with a fellow about a trapdoor Springfield rifle made in 1883, hoping we can agree on a trade. Also, looking forward to seeing @haldir's Sky Coach finished up!

• Like 11

Today I went for groceries, downloaded a Patreon ( Arch Villain Games), several walks with Brutus, we had lunch.

Almost time to make dinner.

Will make Chicken Satey with Satey Sauce ( peanut based), Fries and Beef salad, some sliced cucumbers and a baguette ( goes well with the sauce)

Have been playing Heroes of Might and Magic for most of the day, and fed the birds and squirrels in the garden.

Tomorrow I might paint.

Also have been thinking and pondering about the retirement plans.

I got new information.

The Chairman of the Union I'm a member of has called me ( I emailed the Union with some questions) he informed me that I'm actually more protected than I thought.

Got some new insights so I'm rethinking things.

I might choose the longer route after all and increase my fixed income for the rest of my life by sticking around for two more years than initally planned.

The risks seem to be lower than I feared and the Union stands behind me if something does go wrong.

He literally told me that when the time comes and things look sour, I would call the Union, according to him he would solve it all with  few phonecalls if need be.

I also got some insights in te ongoing negotiations through him and I guess I can risk it.

Still a little thinking to do, but maybe it's all not that bad after all.

• Like 13
14 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good morning, everybody!

Got to put some time in the yard before it gets up to 90 out.  Then my game group meets on Roll20.  Since it looks like DH will be going back to the office sometime soon he wants to get new clothes, which means a few hours spent at a shopping plaza, maybe not today.  Could mean lunch or dinner out tomorrow.  Not likely to get any painting done, unless you count the deck out back.  

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good morning, everybody!

I've got some usual household chores I need to knock out, and then I'm hoping to do some painting. Some reading may be in the schedule, too.

Stay in, wait for my hide to turn from red to tan, and hopefully not peel off in the process (sunscreen and hats kiddos. Always a good idea) Depends on if it rains or not what else I might do this weekend. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good morning, everybody!

My friend's FLGS is closing down on Sunday, so I'm spending the next 2 days there to get in as much time as I can hanging out with everyone and playing games.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

Today was grocery shopping and a bit of gardening.

Tomorrow, if it's sunny, I'm going to visit the Farmers Market, see what's there. Hopefully it's better than the regular one (There used to be a great market in the centre of town, unfortunately the "Bright Sparks" that run things around here ruined it).

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Weekend plans? Hoping to meet up with a fellow about a trapdoor Springfield rifle made in 1883, hoping we can agree on a trade. Also, looking forward to seeing @haldir's Sky Coach finished up!

Game tonight, but right now I am being slathered in sunscreen for a trip to the beach.

Turns out Megan isn't that fond of my being pale blue. ::P:

I tried to explain that it's a submariner's tan, but does she listen?...

The Auld Grump

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Game tonight, but right now I am being slathered in sunscreen for a trip to the beach.

Turns out Megan isn't that fond of my being pale blue. ::P:

I tried to explain that it's a submariner's tan, but does she listen?...

The Auld Grump

Are you sure you're not being sautéed instead? :huh:

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good morning, everybody!

I'm going to build this Abomination... It's a Spires unit for Conquest: The Last Argument of Kings.  Rather big, kind of Geiger esque monstrous, uh.... Abomination, lol. 

20210604_152017.thumb.jpg.b9d16786831d98ba032e9b09b16102e4.jpg

Comes in "just a few" parts - this pic is after building the various subassemblies.  It was a lot more parts before, and not included in this pic are the hands and feet. 

• Like 8

@ManvsMini !!!

Listen young man! I don't know what you're up to, but this is the second day in a row that you missed Dinner!

If you insist on playing around with your friends instead of showing up for Dinner you might as well eat there!

20210605_185802.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 10