Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's currently a house fire three houses away from my sister's home. 🏠🔥 The owner has a wood shop in his shed, so plenty of opportunities.

Their house currently smells of smoke, and the kids are out across the street streaming the firefighters. 🚒👨🏽‍🚒 Though it looks like everything is under control.

Did I mention the below freezing weather?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

My sympathies with anyone with a relative with memory issues. My grandmother was really degraded her last year, which was the same year my father passed. Called her nearly every weekend and it was so hard answering the question, “how is your father doing? I haven’t heard from him in a while.” Imagine having to repeatedly find out your only son is gone.

I love her tremendously, and am so fortunate she passed quietly before she got even worse. Which it was headed toward, sadly, according to the police reports.

• Like 1
  • Sad 15

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Happy to see that none of the Christmas minis are new this year. I think I may even grab everyone of those at ReaperCon (metal bin shopping). Also, happy that you can pick up triads vs a set, thou I think they might have a better chance of surviving in the set with the foam. Oh wait, they no longer use foam in the cases, just a rack that does hold the paint firm in shipping...<_<.

No new Christmas minis helps out those who can't afford to get all the ones they want when they are released.  Reaper Jon said they would be put on sale after the 12 Days are over, though I'm not sure how long they'll last or be offered. 

Something I saw on Reaper Live last week, the 12 holiday paints won't be in a Reaper case, but will be packed in a pillow pack, I think they called it.  It looks like an air filled soft plastic pack.  I don't think they said why they made that change.  They talk about so much, it is easy to miss stuff.

• Like 8

A bit of trivia for your Thursday, this day of November 25th:

• 1120 – The White Ship sank in the English Channel, drowning William Adelin, son and heir of Henry I of England; this would set off a succession crisis and a period of civil war known as the Anarchy.

• 1915 – Albert Einstein presented the field equations of general relativity to the Prussian Academy of Sciences.

• 1952 – Agatha Christie's murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opened at the Ambassadors Theatre in London. It will become the longest continuously-running play in history in the West End.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Pegazus said:

My sympathies with anyone with a relative with memory issues. My grandmother was really degraded her last year, which was the same year my father passed. Called her nearly every weekend and it was so hard answering the question, “how is your father doing? I haven’t heard from him in a while.” Imagine having to repeatedly find out your only son is gone.

I love her tremendously, and am so fortunate she passed quietly before she got even worse. Which it was headed toward, sadly, according to the police reports.

Have to add my sympathies too. Half of my dad's life was taking care of his parents and a lot of aunts and uncles that never got married. Then after they were all gone he went down the road to dementia himself. Now my mom and MIL are getting to that age and showing signs. It's not easy to deal with. 

Towards the end when my dad forgot that all the people he cared for were gone he'd ask how they were doing. I'd just say I haven't talked to them for awhile. My older sister was amazed how well I could dodge things like that. She said she had to learn how to lie to not upset him. I told her I never lied, I just had more experience than her with those other relatives and knew how to handle them because dad taught me. It was after I left his nursing home that it caught up to me and hurt. He never saw because I was always able to hold it together while we were together.

My wife is having a hard time dealing with the fact her mom (who lives with us) is getting forgetful and occasionally doing or saying odd things. She's not bad yet but it's noticable. And I can't even give her any comfort because it's only going to get worse. I just hope not as bad as was common in my side of the family.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I feel that there should be a flowchart to deal with these kinds of things.

Oh yes, and it goes like this:

Can I fix this?-- No -->  Send to Kristof.

-- Yes -->  Send to Kristof.

15 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Those new Reaper Xmas paints look great.  Such a massive pity they're only being offered during winter...   I'd buy them but I don't want ten bottles of frozen paint to show up. 

FWIW I asked about this a month ago, because KS5.5 paints are also supposed to ship in January or February which is when we get our arctic weather, and I was told that the paints seldom freeze during delivery, and if you do get a bad one you can get it replaced.  

9 hours ago, Serenity said:

No new Christmas minis helps out those who can't afford to get all the ones they want when they are released.  Reaper Jon said they would be put on sale after the 12 Days are over, though I'm not sure how long they'll last or be offered. 

Something I saw on Reaper Live last week, the 12 holiday paints won't be in a Reaper case, but will be packed in a pillow pack, I think they called it.  It looks like an air filled soft plastic pack.  I don't think they said why they made that change.  They talk about so much, it is easy to miss stuff.

The figures and paint sets usually stay in the store until the first week of January, they can make as many as people want since they're in metal, but around Christmas they'll stop and sell whatever is left. 

I think the special Krampus figure with 2 paints (ginger cookie and holly berry) usually last until around the 3rd week of the month.  Plastic figure, so they can't make more on demand. 

There's an ongoing shortage of basic manufacturing and packaging materials including certain plastics and foam padding.  The plastic sleeve and blister packs are the replacement options this year.  

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 8

Got the scheduled call and results from my urologist.

Hooray, at 3.14 ng/ml my PSA markers (prostate) have gone down again! So I'm well into the normal range for my age group. Two years ago, they were abnormally high for someone under 50. And according to my mother, my dad did have early signs of prostate cancer before he passed away. So enough reasons to be concerned.

Next blood test in six months, and if results are good, a yearly one will suffice.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 14