Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replied to something I've been putting off for a few days now.  Ugh, darn time zones, 11:00 was latest I could get into one of these introduction to our services webinars. 

But hey, if ex-work is giving a month of it for free, I'm hoping to at least get a decent looking resume out of this, and maybe a few leads.  Bonus points if it helps me get a new job, because I'd like to be able to get a few things with a part of my severance (and then shoehorn the rest into an emergency fund). 

• Like 10

After the heatwave that rolled the West Coast here, it's actually been quite nice here, more seasonal temps then that 100+ crap. We just need rain thou.

I've been working on a mid 80s Monogram (now Revell Germany) kit. Funny but I think I liked the plastic back then better then today's Revell kits. Either way, I need to mow the yards, both are mini jungles right now. I might even find the bunny while I'm out there. ::P:

• Like 11
59 minutes ago, haldir said:

After the heatwave that rolled the West Coast here, it's actually been quite nice here, more seasonal temps then that 100+ crap. We just need rain thou.

I've been working on a mid 80s Monogram (now Revell Germany) kit. Funny but I think I liked the plastic back then better then today's Revell kits. Either way, I need to mow the yards, both are mini jungles right now. I might even find the bunny while I'm out there. ::P:

Not with the lawn mower I hope!

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
18 hours ago, Marvin said:

I... I'm actually gonna have to paint some of these. 👀

Oh, the horror. The humanity. (Or... humanoidity, if they're orcs, I guess.)  ::D:

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

In a weird sort of way it's almost impressive that someone had the stones to (presumably) transfer the contents to another container and the skill to not make a mess while doing so.

Well, speaking as a former semi-professional, if there aren't any cameras directly trained on the spot (or at least not from multiple directions), and they came well-prepared, it's possible to pour out the antifreeze into a couple of easily-concealed 20 oz. soda bottles fairly quickly... Jamming a pen through the foil safety seal twice would allow for a small, controllable flow while allowing air to flow in so it doesn't start glopping out in spurts. It's all about the steady pour.

Also, if they have a sharp object, they could just jab a hole in the side near the bottom and drain it like that while it's still sitting on the shelf.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Had a meeting with a back surgeon today.  Looks like the inevitable has finally come, so I'll be looking at getting scheduled for back surgery, probably late fall or winter from the sounds of it.  

Posterior spinal fusion of L4-L5-S1.

Good luck, I hope it does what it's supposed to and makes life relatively pain free for you. Or at least, pain greatly reduced.

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

May I humbly suggest that starting out you use "light" weight and concentrate on repetitions?  When you can comfortably manage two sets of 20 reps each, with a couple of minutes of rest time between sets, you are ready to add more weight.  Might take a little longer to get to your desired goal but it's easier on the body.  It also gives you multiple sense of accomplishment as you progress to heavier sets of weight.

GEM

Very good advice.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Had a meeting with a back surgeon today.  Looks like the inevitable has finally come, so I'll be looking at getting scheduled for back surgery, probably late fall or winter from the sounds of it.  

Posterior spinal fusion of L4-L5-S1.

Having been through breaking my back, you are in my prayers!

• Like 10

It's been an incredibly busy day, and I'm exhausted, but it isn't over yet.
I'm running on powerade, tramadol [prescription painkiller], red bull, and the last of the ice cream from the freezer.

Movers are here, living room is a big empty except for a few boxes we will be moving, the appliances are ready to move, hence the ice cream cram and the dining room table is still there because they need it for wrapping and packing boxes. SWMBO office is all moved out, my office and the master bedroom are left, plus the kitchen cabinets to pack.

Forgot to mention, they started just after 1:00PM and it's now 5:30PM.

Not the movers we had contracted with, they bailed over the problems from the weekend.  These guys are a local crew, with all 5 star ratings.  And they are flying through the work, faster than I can get what I need to get done ahead of them.

Four strong healthy young people, three guys plus the owners sister, have done more in just over four hours than I could accomplish in a month.

I feel very old.

GEM

• Like 16

Ho. Ly. Smokes.

Auctions are terrifying places!

The masses of people, the fierce competition biting like piranhas to snag whatever garbage has caught their eye, the constant, unintelligible droning of the auctioneer,.. *Shudder*

Not to mention that if you reach up to adjust your cap, gesticulate, or do anything at all with your hands, they take that as a bid! I nearly spent $30 on some kitchen stuff I didn't need because the sun was in my eyes! (Thankfully, the aforementioned piranhas took care of that.)

All the same, I snagged an Xbox One and fifteen or so games for 75 bucks, so I'd better not complain...

• Like 15

I’m exhausted and upset. Start of vacation, after a six hour drive, and I cannot get the tablet to connect to the wifi. The solutions online are repetitive and none of them work. I remember it was something super simple last time but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Works fine on the home wifi. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

I kinda enjoy auctions. My dad always tries to make me go to them to do his (literal) bidding because I'm big and hairy and he thinks my big dumb stubborn countenance encourages people to quit bidding more quickly than they do with him.

Good to be good for something, I suppose. 🙃

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Not with the lawn mower I hope!

Oddly,  she could care less if I come near her with it......

She was under one of chairs we have set up out there, rolling in the dirt.

• Like 10