Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Two days later and it still feels weird to not have a beard, but I'm slowly getting used to it.  I'll miss the 11" or so goatee, but I sure won't miss having to clean soup or stew out of it every time some glorbs off a spoon! 

On the plus side, my respirator seals pretty much fully now, and facemasks worn outside don't try and ride up the chin any more too... 

I'd insert a Two Foxes In Love comic here but... Wait, I figured it out.  This seems relevant... 

E2nln7BXwAI-fY5?format=jpg&name=large

28ce5560770caa7219aa02fd2c39596f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17
  • Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update:   We lost her.    She was only with us for a few years, but she touched us all. She was a good friend.    

My daughter turned one week old today. 

Having a super stressful day and failed my will save vs cupcake. Apparently I have a -4 vs sharks.  

Posted Images

Anybody else tired of the cicadas yet? It's a good thing these type only come once every 17 years, because they are driving me crazy with their screeching. They are particularly annoying today, as they are also flying all over the place. No point trying to get anything done outside, I just get swarmed with the flying buggers or any equipment gets covered in a dozen of them. Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Two days later and it still feels weird to not have a beard, but I'm slowly getting used to it.  I'll miss the 11" or so goatee, but I sure won't miss having to clean soup or stew out of it every time some glorbs off a spoon! 

On the plus side, my respirator seals pretty much fully now, and facemasks worn outside don't try and ride up the chin any more too... 

I'd insert a Two Foxes In Love comic here but... Wait, I figured it out.  This seems relevant... 

E2nln7BXwAI-fY5?format=jpg&name=large

That's really funny, about three weeks ago I made the decision to shave off my beard. I've worn a full beard for about 3 years now and a circle beard for about 7 before that.  it's still a surprise looking in the mirror.

2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Anybody else tired of the cicadas yet? It's a good thing these type only come once every 17 years, because they are driving me crazy with their screeching. They are particularly annoying today, as they are also flying all over the place. No point trying to get anything done outside, I just get swarmed with the flying buggers or any equipment gets covered in a dozen of them. Ugh.

Not yet this year, I'm outside the area for Brood X, we're in thick brood IV territory though, expecting them in 2032.  I do remember feeling the way you do back in 2015 last time we saw them, during the june baseball tournaments, some nights they were so loud it was hard to hear the calls.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

That's really funny, about three weeks ago I made the decision to shave off my beard. I've worn a full beard for about 3 years now and a circle beard for about 7 before that.  it's still a surprise looking in the mirror.

It's been over a full decade that I've had my goatee in it's current incarnation.  Well, until a few days ago, but such is life.  It's a nice change, and no more having to remember beard regimens, or accidentally trim things a touch too close when shaving and now it's a lopsided beard for a few weeks!

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Citrine said:

Been listening to The HU from Mongolia, their Yuve Yuve Yu song is just awesome.  Hubby just bought their full album.  If you like metal, check them out!

Bought their album last year, great stuff. Not as much of a fan of their English collaborations, but, eh...

20 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Right now to the East there is a cloud formation in the shape of a dental retainer. What this omen portends I know not. 

Well, that explains the missing pallet of components we can't find at work...

If it starts raining blue plastic mouthguards, please gather up as many as possible and overnight them to my company - we need them for the current job on Bottle Line 2...

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Vecna left a lot of hand-me-downs, didn't he?

https://rpgmuseum.fandom.com/wiki/The_Head_of_Vecna

I once threatened an unruly group of players with unleashing Vecna's Left Butt Cheek on the campaign world...

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Well, it's more of a guideline than a rule....

Pirate. Painter...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 11
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

So far so good.

We dug it up, pulled out the tube, there was sand in the valve.

We cleaned it, measured again how deep the water is down there.

Lowered the tube a little less lower than before...

It works.

We will keep it open for a while before shoving the tube through the pipe again and burying it again.

Try for a week if it keeps working.

If it does we'll shove the pipes over the tube, then wait a few days more.

If it still works every day then I will bury it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kn2rtuc4o

Excellent news.

At least it was a relatively easy fix.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

None here to worry about. ::D:

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Finish them? What? We're supposed to do something to them?

How do you expect me to be addicted to ordering minis if I have to be reasonable about it?!

• Haha 7
6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You're supposed to finish miniatures be fore ordering more?

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Finish them? What? We're supposed to do something to them?

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-11 075734.jpg

6 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Excellent news.

At least it was a relatively easy fix.

Crossing my paws it will keep working so I can bury it all again.

Of course I made wrong move yesterday and now my lower back hurts, isn't it fun to get older?

• Like 2
  • Sad 7