Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Just discovered there's a local glassblower who's opened a shop in the area, so I went in and bought something from him, and had a nice conversation.

And now I can tell people I have a glass eye, lol.

(It's a tiny little eyeball necklace.)

I smell a magic item a-brewing. 🧙‍♂️

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I smell a magic item a-brewing. 🧙‍♂️

The Eye of Jackna is a bit small to try inserting into an eye socket, though I still wouldn't recommend trying it at home, lol.

(Especially if there's still an eye in the socket.)

It's small enough you could probably insert it into a nostril or an ear, but I wouldn't recommend that either.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

The Eye of Jackna is a bit small to try inserting into an eye socket, though I still wouldn't recommend trying it at home, lol.

(Especially if there's still an eye in the socket.)

It's small enough you could probably insert it into a nostril or an ear, but I wouldn't recommend that either.

I have to wonder if you're speaking from experience.

• Haha 8

Found out that Thumper might have a serious health condition right now. If my Googling is correct, she may have flystrike. I've called the vet & we are waiting for a call back (supposedly it's the emergency after-hours line, but damn the waiting is terrible.

Typed that above awhile ago....

After hours operator called back & told us it would be up to 300 dollar due to afterhours (added to the balance). Then about 10 mins later...grrr she called again & said the actual vet refused to see us tonight.....W.T.*!!! Since she is the only rabbit vet in town, we will be going up there as soon as we can in the morning. Right now, I'm just hoping Thumper is still alive in the morning to take her up there. This Flystrike thing can be fatal & even if we do take her to the vet, the vet may tell us to put her to sleep due to the infection is too serious to treat. She is pretty listless right now. She is there, but she isn't moving around at all. 

I will be giving the vet a piece of my mind about this whole emergency/not wanting to see us thou.

• Sad 22

Update:

We lost her. 

She was only with us for a few years, but she touched us all. She was a good friend.

20190605_104815.jpg

• Sad 34
3 hours ago, haldir said:

Update:

We lost her. 

She was only with us for a few years, but she touched us all. She was a good friend.

I'm sorry for your loss, our little friends can bring so much joy to our lives and it hurts so much when they go.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, haldir said:

Update:

We lost her. 

20190605_104815.jpg

I saw the pix on the face book.  I’m very sorry, poor Bunny. I always enjoyed reading Thumper stories and seeing pix of her. 

This sucks. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Today's timeline trivia for June 12th:

• 1550 – The city of Helsinki, Finland (belonging to Sweden at the time) was founded by King Gustav I of Sweden.

• 1817 – The earliest form of bicycle, the dandy horse, was driven by Karl von Drais.

• 1987 – At the Brandenburg Gate, U.S. President Ronald Reagan publicly challenged Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, haldir said:

Update:

We lost her. 

My sympathies on your loss. You did a good thing by taking care of her, she certainly lived a better life with you than otherwise.   I enjoyed the pictures and stories you shared and will miss hearing about her.  Give her a good burial.

Be sure to leave an appropriate service review for the veterinary office. 

Hope the rest of your vacation week is better. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

(Listen closely, can't you hear the theme music?)

I sure can. Watching it again might be getting added to the weekend activity list.

@haldir---that sucks, man. I'm very sorry to hear it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1