Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

30 minutes ago, Inarah said:

My sympathies on your loss. You did a good thing by taking care of her, she certainly lived a better life with you than otherwise.   I enjoyed the pictures and stories you shared and will miss hearing about her.  Give her a good burial.

Be sure to leave an appropriate service review for the veterinary office. 

Hope the rest of your vacation week is better. 

I woke up at 5 this morning & thought it was a bad dream, but in the end I knew she wasn't with us anymore. I went to feed the squirrels this morning & there are just to many reminders of her in the backyard right now. Right now it hurts, but in the end they will be good reminders that she was part of our lives.

She'll be buried under her favorite bush today. I think we'll try to donate the rest of her foodstuff  & other rabbit related items to a local animal shelter (if not here, then over in Caldwell, ID. I know there is a nice one over there).

As far as the review, oh I already left one on Google. It was civil but it wasn't very nice. Looking at other reviews of the place, most of them are positive, but I noticed a few were negative, heck there was even one for the place not liking a cat with vet anxiety....wow!

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Hopping onto @ManvsMinis coat tails again(sorry!) but 12th June is the 40th anniversary of this slice of fried gold being released :wub: 

1021450815_OIP-2021-06-12T122816_051.jpeg.22ef95963ab54edbe097d24070e70de9.jpeg

(Listen closely, can't you hear the theme music?)

And it just so happens that in half an hour it is coming on TV... serendipity, no doubt.

And don't feel like you are stepping on coat tails. Share the trivia! This all gets stored into what I hope to someday be in my Jeopardy contestant toolbox.

• Like 9

We will have a late dinner because oldest Vixen has give training to kids ( synchronised Swimming).

This is a good excuse for some snacks, right?

• Salted Crisps
  • Bolognese Crisps
  • Emmentaler Cheese
  • Old Amsterdam Cheese
  • Black Greek Olives
  • Grilled Sausage
  • Farmer's sausage
  • Spicey Hummus
  • Picolinis ( dipping sticks)
  • Strawberries

20210612_151131.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 12

I had to stop painting while I wash my painting towels. I'm getting more work done. It's not great looking but it's paint on minis, I'll take it. And improve as time goes on.

I've been wanting to pick up a game called Reign In Hell, a BYOM (Bring Your Own Minis) game by the guy behind Tabletop Minions, but I can't get a print copy until they get the corrected version uploaded. Anyone else interested in it or heard about it?

• Like 11

@haldir so sorry here, Thumper was definitely a part of this forum who brightened the place up.

@Glitterwolf saw a recipe today, that is definitely unhealthy, but boy does it look good. Slice kielbasa lengthways, fill with cheddar cheese and wrap it in bacon. Then deep fry the whole thing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I've been wanting to pick up a game called Reign In Hell, a BYOM (Bring Your Own Minis) game by the guy behind Tabletop Minions, but I can't get a print copy until they get the corrected version uploaded. Anyone else interested in it or heard about it?

Somebody over in the General Fantasy subforum was talking about it, which was the first I'd ever heard of it. I'll have to read more about it to find out what it's really about. I didn't know AtomSmasher (Tabletop Minions) was involved in it, haven't watched the channel in quite a while. Sad to hear that their first version contained a lot of typos though.

Ah, here's the General Fantasy thread.

• Like 9

Well it's done.

Buried Thumper under her lilac bush. Where the other animals we've had as well. At least now Thumper will be near the bunny that came over with her initially. Sadly that bunny got hit by a car before we really got to know her/him.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Every little bit helps right now.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Corsair said:

@haldir so sorry here, Thumper was definitely a part of this forum who brightened the place up.

@Glitterwolf saw a recipe today, that is definitely unhealthy, but boy does it look good. Slice kielbasa lengthways, fill with cheddar cheese and wrap it in bacon. Then deep fry the whole thing.

Sounds good we do have a Polish Supermarket nearby...hmmm,

3 minutes ago, haldir said:

Well it's done.

Buried Thumper under her lilac bush. Were the other animals we've had as well. At least now Thumper will be near the bunny that came over with her initially. Sadly that bunny got hit by a car before we really got to know her/him.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. Every little bit helps right now.

Saying goodbye is hard.

All of our little friends stay in our hearts, so they're never really gone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Just discovered there's a local glassblower who's opened a shop in the area, so I went in and bought something from him, and had a nice conversation.

And now I can tell people I have a glass eye, lol.

(It's a tiny little eyeball necklace.)

Oh really?  Where at pray tell.

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Oh really?  Where at pray tell.

Rt. 1 in Groton - right at the very top of Hamburger Hill, next to the consignment/estate sale shop.

He mostly does smoking accessories, but there's some other stuff for sale as well. (He's got some really cool glass octopus figures.)

• Like 7

I was primering some model parts tonight (thank goodness for hobbies to take your mind off things.....), I looked up & saw a robin in a nest & saw some small breaks pointing towards her. ^_^

Just a part of life. 

• Like 13