Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Family came in from Alabama today and we had a 2 day late Birthday party for my g'niece who is now 15! Egads, I'm getting the mileage racked up. Also, got to hold my 7 month old g'niece for a good while and she seems to like Uncle Corsair!

• Like 10
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, it feels weird to be excited about how I very well could be having a bunch of new bookshelves in the house soon, and a new painting desk (I desperately need a sturdier, higher one). 

But..  It will still be a nice thing, to say the least. 

• Like 10

Have been at my mom's since Tuesday. I go home on Monday. Visiting has been nice. My sleep is screwed up so bad but otherwise no problems. I might paint some small pictures tomorrow if I have the energy.

• Like 8
20 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Somebody over in the General Fantasy subforum was talking about it, which was the first I'd ever heard of it. I'll have to read more about it to find out what it's really about. I didn't know AtomSmasher (Tabletop Minions) was involved in it, haven't watched the channel in quite a while. Sad to hear that their first version contained a lot of typos though.

Ah, here's the General Fantasy thread.

Thanks, I have it open in a tab now. :B):

11 hours ago, Marvin said:

Always fun to peruse the local merchants' smoking accessories.

CB2530DC-4BFC-429A-A6C0-9206CAD478EC.thumb.jpeg.07822626a225f17788ea763578dffa78.jpeg

"Tobacco Use Only."

I feel like some of you need this:

Edited by Chaoswolf
removed gif
  • Like 6

Sunday stroll through history for June 13th:

• 313 – The decisions of the Edict of Milan, signed by Constantine the Great and co-emperor Valerius Licinius, granting religious freedom throughout the Roman Empire, were published in Nicomedia.

• 1967 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson nominated Solicitor-General Thurgood Marshall to become the first black justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.

• 2010 – A capsule of the Japanese spacecraft Hayabusa, containing particles of the asteroid 25143 Itokawa, returned to Earth.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I spent a pleasant day yesterday visiting my younger son.  We poked around used book stores, and had a visit with his gaming (mostly Magic) friends whom i have not met previously.

I finished up the second of my experimental fantasy settlement maps today, with color from watercolor pencils, mostly…

BDB6A40E-4AF9-444E-8E97-A7894C1ECE97.jpeg.a982beeb3ce24a43dd6aa2e4da51b901.jpeg

I’m starting to think I might actually get an original D&D game on the table this year, and maps will be a nice addition.

• Like 16
6 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's a great looking map!

Thanks. Jared Blando’s Fantasy Mapmaking is the guide I’m using. One more essay and I’ll get started on my town which will be the campaign base. 

• Like 8

So is Google bonked right now? Tried searching a couple things in images & it only brings up a dozen or so. You can't click anything, nor does the pic/link show up on the right side.

Also, this one might a bit difficult today, but Sundays are grocery shopping day for us. Normally the first thing we got were Thumper's greens for the week (parsley, cilantro, etc etc). I'm just glad my daughter has to be at work right now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

We just got back. Yah lot of things we won't be doing, while shopping.

Oddly, my wife was looking at the books & I saw the 5e PH & DMG on the shelf.

• Like 10

Like Deja Vu, all over again!

But not quite.

Grump's coworker to me: Your husband can sing.

Somewhere along the line Grump became my husband in people's heads, and I hadn't noticed.

Anniversaries, they make you notice these things. ::):

• Like 4
  • Haha 6