Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy stuff.

Spoiler

Today is the 8th anniversary of when my dad died. I, probably, wouldn't be where I am now if that hadn't happened but it doesn't make that any easier.

I started painting as a means to distract me from my grief. 8 years later and here I am. Not a day goes by I don't miss him though.

• Sad 16
5 hours ago, Unruly said:

I'll just leave this here. WIP. Privateer Press Mini-crate from a couple months ago finally showed up. Death Metal Fel Caller, that I just absolutely had to have because just look at it(though he's more waaaay more punk rock than death metal with those liberty spikes). Except the guitar hasn't been touched yet aside from painting the hand the color of the rest of the skin.

Not gonna lie, I kind of like how the thing looks with just the stuff I have painted already and the priming.

Sometimes less is more. 

• Like 5

Dinner.

I made one of my usual recipes only this time I used a sweet chili sauce for the veggies.

And then again noodles, Chicken Satey, assorted prawn crackers. Cassave Crackers, Cucumber, Seroendeng,Javaantjes and Katjang Pedis, satey sauce.

What can I say?

The girls like it and I often do something different with either the veggies or the meat.

And I noticed @ManvsMini has yet again failed to make it on time for dinner.

20210614_174703.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2

Today's gardening adventure ended in a draw.

I finally removed the big patch of stinging nettles from the front yard, but they put up quite the fight, there's very few places where I haven't been stung!

I'm still going the celebrate the victory with ice cream though.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, aku-chan said:

Today's gardening adventure ended in a draw.

I finally removed the big patch of stinging nettles from the front yard, but they put up quite the fight, there's very few places where I haven't been stung!

I'm still going the celebrate the victory with ice cream though.

The only way to celebrate!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Heavy stuff.

Hide contents

Today is the 8th anniversary of when my dad died. I, probably, wouldn't be where I am now if that hadn't happened but it doesn't make that any easier.

I started painting as a means to distract me from my grief. 8 years later and here I am. Not a day goes by I don't miss him though.

Sending virtual hugs. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Beyond the kit, with Rhonda Bender! #003.  Started at 1:58 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA: Rhonda discussed the Master Series Open contest in general with tips about what the judges are looking for, and also showed how to take an older paint job and make it better.  She was working on SKU: 77142, Blacksmith.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 6

Ugh. That first day back at work after vacation always stinks. 

the usual trying to figure out what customers were taken care of and who wasn't. 

And today it was combined with finding out I will be covering the vacation for another tech, who will also be out two weeks starting today.  I think they deliberately withheld that info before I went on vacation so I couldn't spend my vacation figuring out how to get out of it.  

• Like 12
9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That would make a wonderful tribute to your friend.

Just don't order it in their steel version that's terrible to paint.

I've never have order any physical minis from them. There was a player at the FLGS that asked me to paint up one in the premium plastic (something I really should work on) & I was like ok mini, but I've seen better. I only do stl downloads from them.

• Like 6