Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

I love your work. And, let's see if they want to bully me. Just point em to "Grumpy Uncle Corsair"! You are far too nice to have to put up with their crap.

Thanks for the support :)

Seems like the mod may try to curb in the worst of them. Maybe.

Meh. I'm pretty much kvetching. Oh well.

And we'll need to find better things to bribe Buglips with now huh?

36 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I got tricked, you see.  Ten, maybe even five years ago if they'd made me a mod I would have immediately abused my power and set about building a cult.  But then they made a figure out of me, which meant I had to uphold better standards of behaviour, and then they gave me mod powers.  And also I suspect Ron kept the initial print, which is probably linked to my soul like some sort of magic jar, and if I step out of line I get the acetone.  All of that might only exist in my head, but it's a plausible enough threat to keep me in line.  

First step, take the acetone away from Ron.

But what do we want Buglips to do if we bribe him anyway? Can we just get him to go streaking through a group of people we don't like, farting the whole time?

• Haha 8
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've grown old and lazy and I haven't gone on a good scorched-earth kamikaze forum raid in so long

Not that I ever did such a thing at any time ever, nor have the moderators of any message boards ever dreaded having to clean up a mess I made. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Fun fact; The Goodyear tire company is named after Charles Goodyear as a tribute only. There is no other relation between him and the company.    

Other Fun Fact:  I work for the company that invented modern toothpaste.

Prior to 1850, "tooth powder" was sold in jars, and you had to mix it up at home when you used it. In 1850, Dr. Washington Sheffield, a well-known dentist in New London, CT, was the first to manufacture pre-mixed paste, and also the first to put it in a metal tube. He got the idea from his son, who had just returned from Paris and saw how the artists' paints were sold in the tubes. Today, Sheffield Pharmaceuticals' Dr. Sheffield Natural Toothpaste is the official toothpaste of the Boston Red Sox... 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7
3 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'm having a little chuckle over a goblin with more scruples as a moderator than the P&P one who is telling me to stop voting (... even though he agrees I am within the rules). Goblins have SCRUPLES.

What a bunch of self-aggrieved, narrow minded, petty little.... 

Time to stop answering the trolls in your comments section.  They're all offended and insulted over nothing, and the ongoing dialogue is just feeding their outrage.  Continue to rate and give feedback, but do not respond to negative comments on your pieces except to say thank you.  You do not need to explain your profile picture, your hobbies, your free time, or anything else.  Stop justifying yourself to that trash.   Next time someone is rude, reply with "What a charming comment, thank you." 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I got tricked, you see.  Ten, maybe even five years ago if they'd made me a mod I would have immediately abused my power and set about building a cult.  But then they made a figure out of me, which meant I had to uphold better standards of behaviour, and then they gave me mod powers.  And also I suspect Ron kept the initial print, which is probably linked to my soul like some sort of magic jar, and if I step out of line I get the acetone.  All of that might only exist in my head, but it's a plausible enough threat to keep me in line.  

Don't worry, I've got that covered.:devil:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hey all, please forgive me if I do not go back and read the last like 20 or pages that have happened since I last poked my ugly mug in here. 

I hope everyone is have the best time that they can be.

My PbP is still going and still has openings still. I have kicked around the idea of doing another PbP. My kids fantasy game has died. I know we are all busy and I think it has just ground to halt. I am just not sure what world I want to use. I have one, but is on the dark side. I do like world building, but it takes a lot out of me at times. I thought about doing it on discord, but i would have to invite anyone who wanted to play there and I do not know if I want to go through that hassle. Oh well, I will figure it out at some time. 

My wife bought a new truck and we took it back to get some work on it. The dealer wanted to fix things, but the wife wanted it the day we drove up to KC.  So I took it back and we just go it back... after the tag had expired... lol.  I was a bit on the nervous side on the way back home. It is now tagged correctly. Not much really going on. 

I hope everyone is doing the best they can and that it continues to be the best it can, if not I hope it gets better. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Inarah said:

What a bunch of self-aggrieved, narrow minded, petty little.... 

Time to stop answering the trolls in your comments section.  They're all offended and insulted over nothing, and the ongoing dialogue is just feeding their outrage.  Continue to rate and give feedback, but do not respond to negative comments on your pieces except to say thank you.  You do not need to explain your profile picture, your hobbies, your free time, or anything else.  Stop justifying yourself to that trash.   Next time someone is rude, reply with "What a charming comment, thank you." 

I didn't notice the recent batch of new comments until I got the email from the admin that they'd been complaining. I'd been just doing normal ratings, giving feedback for folks who specifically asked for C&C. If I see a positive comment on my own, I give thanks for it. But yeah, no need to justify responses to bad once I see it. Pretty frustrating that they're clearly catering to "boys club". I'm not the only one with a moniker in my name, or who doesn't show my entire face... Roman Gruba has a moniker in his. Kirill Kanaev doesn't even have a profile picture. Multiple people in the top 30 painters on there either have monikers or non-personal profile pictures. But oh yeah, only one woman in the top 50 on the list. We're okay to bully apparently. :grr: Nothing wrong with those dudes in the top 50 - they really are rad painters and aren't the problem group. They aren't fragile twits compensating for tiny goremaws.

Going back to my previous attitude at this point: rate honestly, give C&C if asked for, thank people for positives. Straight to reporting further harassment though.

Made for a grumpy way to wake up. Meh.

I should go paint today, but I also should work on my manuscript and D&D writing... and have more tea.... and pester the lizard.

Lizard has eaten many bugs, and is now obviously full of poop. Really need Zev to take a dump before getting outside-time tomorrow. Seriously, the lizard's belly inflates very visibly when full of poop.

• Like 9

Got home this morning from my mom's. It was nice and it's nice to be back home but I just have to adult again and that doesn't sound fun. But! I got some fun stuff in the mail while I was gone.

• Like 7

10:30 pm, what better way to spend the evening than to call 911 because a neighbor left his stove on while at his other neighbor and had a grease fire smoke his whole apartment, triggering the whole building's fire alarm.

Said neighbor is also old, needs a hearing aid, didn't realize the fire alarm went off (granted it doesn't sound as loud in his place), and didn't care his apartment was full of smoke.

The rest of us on the other hand (3 floors, 12 units), were in for a fully functional ear-splitting screech, and we evacuated the building. Good thing it wasn't too chilly outside.

Four fire trucks came (took longer than anyone expected considering the distance to the different fire departments), and after a few minutes they shut off the alarm and vented the apartment.

P.S. Great way to meet the other tenants in the building. And my ears are still ringing.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Sad 13
On 6/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, Cyradis said:

It is okay to be frustrated by delays. It isn't okay to be a goremaw about it. :)

I've decided that goremaw should be the forum euphemism for an insult describing a thing that looks similar to a purple worm.

I wasn't sure if I agreed with the idea.

But then this happened to you:

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I didn't notice the recent batch of new comments until I got the email from the admin that they'd been complaining. I'd been just doing normal ratings, giving feedback for folks who specifically asked for C&C. If I see a positive comment on my own, I give thanks for it. But yeah, no need to justify responses to bad once I see it. Pretty frustrating that they're clearly catering to "boys club". I'm not the only one with a moniker in my name, or who doesn't show my entire face... Roman Gruba has a moniker in his. Kirill Kanaev doesn't even have a profile picture. Multiple people in the top 30 painters on there either have monikers or non-personal profile pictures. But oh yeah, only one woman in the top 50 on the list. We're okay to bully apparently. :grr: Nothing wrong with those dudes in the top 50 - they really are rad painters and aren't the problem group. They aren't fragile twits compensating for tiny goremaws.

Now I love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 6/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, PaganMegan said:

Like Deja Vu, all over again!

But not quite.

Grump's coworker to me: Your husband can sing.

Somewhere along the line Grump became my husband in people's heads, and I hadn't noticed.

Anniversaries, they make you notice these things. ::):

The thing that annoys me s how they always seem surprised that I can sing.

It's not like I don't burst into song, every time I am given an opportunity.

Heck, even you did it! (A sign that I started falling earlier than I might have thought - I remember exactly when, where, and what song made you say that.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I wasn't sure if I agreed with the idea.

But then this happened to you:

Now I love it!

See? It is always good to have hilarious euphemisms readily available :poke:

• Like 6

must be nice. And then there's me. I can sing, I do sing, I just...probably shouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

See? It is always good to have hilarious euphemisms readily available :poke:

euphemisms and snarky comments are always a good thing to have on hand. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

10:30 pm, what better way to spend the evening than to call 911 because a neighbor left his stove on while at his other neighbor and had a grease fire smoke his whole apartment, triggering the whole building's fire alarm.

Said neighbor is also old, needs a hearing aid, didn't realize the fire alarm went off (granted it doesn't sound as loud in his place), and didn't care his apartment was full of smoke.

The rest of us on the other hand (3 floors, 12 units), were in for a fully functional ear-splitting screech, and we evacuated the building. Good thing it wasn't too chilly outside.

Four fire trucks came (took longer than anyone expected considering the distance to the different fire departments), and after a few minutes they shut off the alarm and vented the apartment.

P.S. Great way to meet the other neighbors in the building. And my ears are still ringing.

One of the many reasons I don't miss living in an apartment building.

My wife had a doctor's apt today over in Nampa, ID & with me on vacation this week, I decided to drive over to Boise & to Hobbytown. It's been forever since I've been there. Heck, I think the last time I was there was a Tuesday afternoon on my way to ReaperCon 2018. I'm low on a couple Tamiya sprays I'll need to use + I wanted to get a couple of Vallejo Game Color paints (scored 1 out of the 2) & some other things I didn't want to mail order & thus not have while on vacation this week.

Good to get out & go to Boise, but these days really no reason for me to go there, at least not as much as I used to.

• Like 6