Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Painted a female mini's outfit purple and yellow once. It was pretty atrocious.

Did one pink and people one though and it turned out surprisingly okay.

• Like 5
22 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Nope.  Ideally everyone will play nice and we won't have to intervene, and the overwhelming majority of the time this is absolutely true.  Most of what we do here is essentially housekeeping, and I think I can speak for everyone on the mod team when I say that we appreciate that this community doesn't make us do a lot of work.  For its size and activity level, this forum is astonishingly peaceful and most of the credit for that goes to the users and how you all conduct yourselves.  

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-16 193432.jpg

• Haha 9

Now I want donuts.  And I can get donuts, there's a donut shop behind my house.  But it's raining.  You're gonna make me walk in the rain for donuts.  It's practically like taking a shower!  Well if I die of soap poisoning, I hope you're happy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 16
1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

Here's a question for you: What's the weirdest paint scheme you've given a model?

Not sure if it's a weird scheme, but I painted a friend a group of minis in the old Degeneration X colors (bright green and black) once. He's a big wrestling fan. I did not pull it off well, the black looked horrible.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Ugh. I want to get some painting done but last night was hard. And I need to shave. <_<

Here's a question for you: What's the weirdest paint scheme you've given a model?

Ebonwrath, limited palette challenge. Main color: Alien Goo Green. Secondary colors: Fireball Orange and Nightmare Black.

When I only had the basecoat on, it looked like it was wearing bright onesie pajamas.

• Like 6

I wish I could have spent the evening painting, but....   

All my paints are packed up in plastic crates. Pencils and other tools are in yet another couple of crates, and the minis are... yeah, packed down, too. 

Except my painting desk. That has been demolished.     

Now I'm working on designing a new desk. One with storage space for ALL the paints...   Without wasting all the space like the old one did. (Lots of HobbyZone racks) 

I hope to start cutting parts on the CNC this weekend...   

• Like 8
2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Now I want donuts.  And I can get donuts, there's a donut shop behind my house.  But it's raining.  You're gonna make me walk in the rain for donuts.  It's practically like taking a shower!  Well if I die of soap poisoning, I hope you're happy.  

Was the donut good? The donuts are far away for me right now. And I shouldn’t have one. So will try to live vicariously through you.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Flirt, flirt. 🙂 

The Auld Grump

Flirt, flirt! :wub:

See ya soon!

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Always look at the bright side of things!::P:

That's a common gripe that I see when people discuss Kickstarter in general. It's not like Reaper is the only 'big' company that does it (hello, CMoN). Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. I figure it's up to Kickstarter to decide when/if something constitutes abuse.

Our nowhere-near-as-local-as-we'd-like game store backs Kickstarters, and even lets people use them as a mailing address for Kickstarters.

They are AWESOME!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The thing that annoys me s how they always seem surprised that I can sing.

It's not like I don't burst into song, every time I am given an opportunity.

Heck, even you did it! (A sign that I started falling earlier than I might have thought - I remember exactly when, where, and what song made you say that.)

The Auld Grump

That's because your singing voice sounds NOTHING like your talking voice.

Your talking voice is nasal, and always kind of angry sounding, not a good voice for singing.

When you sing, you open your throat, and somebody else's voice comes floating out. Resonant, timbered, and filling the room.

I remember the occassion, and why and where, but not the song.

It was near when Jon and Julie started pushing us together. ::): They brought their karaoke machine. ::):

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Tie dyed. Four different tie dyed schemes in fact. 

Grump has a tie dyed druid.

He's a tie dyed hippie, hippie hey, hippie hey! He's a tie dyed hippie, hippie hey!

• Like 9