Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Hasn't hit the 90's yet in NYC, but it'll be close today. And it'll feel above that... And I'm already done with summer.

The foam floor tiles I got for the hamsterling have numbers and letters in them that come out... Unfortunately they don't stick in very well, so they're constantly falling out, which is a pain given how much use they get. So, off to the hardware store for some contact cement, and the first batch are currently drying. We'll see how well this works before I go and do all of them.

Posted everything for RCL, planned out most of next months stuff... debating painting or working on my blog next while everyone else naps. Blog, I think...

COFFEE!

• Like 9

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, at least one of us is enjoying the weather.  My mother must be part bearded dragon, because she usually likes this kind of weather... 

So now the beardie is going to not only be begging for bugs, but to bask for a bit and then go for walkies... 

He got a bike ride downtown to the pet shop yesterday to pick up his crickets pre-order. Pet shop lady was happy to see him again. Stopped at a park on the way back so he could bask on me a bit. Went home, let him loose, and he went GIMME BUGS - chomping at the box with superworms, then over to the bag of wax worms that I hadn't yet dumped into a tupperware. Mind you, he was plenty fed before the trip... just wanted more upon return. Lots more. Then play. So I took him to the park just a few blocks away and he basked on me again, even doing the AHHHHH ITS HOT BUT GREAT face. He even may have gotten too warm after a while; about 20mins of that and he sought some shade. Still - it has him quite spunky. I think I'm going to take him to the farmer's market once I finish hydrating myself.

• Like 12

I think I mentioned there's something off about Julie's character in the cops game?

I just found out that she is trying to join Guy Malagent's, a club for retired old school villains.

Guy is weird, a blustery vain ex-anti-paladin. His demon mentor died being a HERO in the war. Yeah, when your DEMON dies a heroic death, saving a lot of lives, something's weird.

• Like 7

On 6/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, Zink said:

One of my uncles whos is just under 80 said he could live without all of our modern conveniences except indoor plumbing. Using the outhouse or a pot in the winter wasn't much fun. Kind of nice not having to haul buckets of water to wash too. 

My dad grew up dirt poor in the 30s and 40s. Went from only a few of the richest people in the area having cars and tractors to everybody having several. And yet the towns shrunk and a lot of them disappeared completely in the same time. Even in my life a lots changed here and I'm only on the edge of trying to decide whether I'm going to be a dirty old man or a grumpy old man. Life's never been easier and yet we're still stressed to the limits way too often.

Go with grumpy old man.

They're chick magnets.

Also ducklings and whatever the hell baby turkeys are called.

Our neighbor has them and the pen fell over.

They made a beeline for my grumpy old man. :lol:

• Haha 12

6 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Go with grumpy old man.

They're chick magnets.

Baby turkeys are poults. 

I don't keep turkeys, but they're pretty cute, according to pictures.

.. and guinea chicks are 'keets'. 

poultry is fascinating.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The heat here is such that instead of a line wrapping around the block for the farmer's market, there was no line! VEGGIES!

Zevran came with me in the backpack. I think it was warm enough even to exhaust the dragon a little bit. He was distinctly hunkering in the shadier part of the backpack by the end. He's certainly liked some time basking in the heat (even as I sweat through my sports bra while holding him), but he doesn't want it all day.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Last Night's Dinner.

Greek style, we had some leftovers, so tonight we'll have the same but I will add fried potatoe slices, a hamburger and I will put eggs and cucumbers in the salad.

20210626_184414.jpg

20210626_184417.jpg

You are seriously making my cooking skills look bad. I'm starting to think that taking those lessons from the Swedish Chef from the Muppets was a bad investment of my time...

• Haha 16

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Go with grumpy old man.

They're chick magnets.

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Baby turkeys are poults. 

I don't keep turkeys, but they're pretty cute, according to pictures.

.. and guinea chicks are 'keets'. 

poultry is fascinating.

I thought they would be called wee gobbledygooks. ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump's game last night.

Dead priest at the temple, not the priest that gives the service or talks to the faithful.

A priest from another temple who does the bookkeeping.

And at that temple, across town someone ransacked the priest's quarters and in the office the books were missing.

So why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Some expansion -

The dead priest is a clerk of Merca - god of banking and commerce. His position was with the Bank of Merca - a multinational bank controlled by the Church of Merca.

The church where he was found dead is the Temple of Librum  - god of justice, courts, and judgement.

The Temple of Librum also holds justice on all active churches in the City and Kingdom,

The Auld Grump - the symbols for both are scales in balance. One has three orbs in each pan, the other has a gavel in one pan and a sword in the other.

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Go with grumpy old man.

They're chick magnets.

The ducklings are adorable - and the ducks were very friendly.

The turkey looks more like a gawky teenager.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I think I mentioned there's something off about Julie's character in the cops game?

I just found out that she is trying to join Guy Malagent's, a club for retired old school villains.

Guy is weird, a blustery vain ex-anti-paladin. His demon mentor died being a HERO in the war. Yeah, when your DEMON dies a heroic death, saving a lot of lives, something's weird.

Wait, when did you guys find that out?

It's correct, I just don't remember when you learned it.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

I've noticed Reaper doesn't have a lot of female character figures wielding a hammer.  My flaming sword carrying half-angel PC just got a new toy.  :devil:

Yah I've noticed they have a great variety of figures till you need a specific one, then you're like hmmmmmmm.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

You are seriously making my cooking skills look bad. I'm starting to think that taking those lessons from the Swedish Chef from the Muppets was a bad investment of my time...

😄

Seriously though, the stuff shown here is really easy to make.

And I mean really easy.

I'm perfectly willing to guide people through the steps, because this is not even real cooking.

Everybody can do this.

And Presentation is half the battle!

• Like 8