Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Youngest Vixen's boyfriend mentioned my miniature painting to a friend of his.

Result:

I got a box of miniatures for the Board Game- Dark Souls which that friend would like me to paint for him.

Since Evil miniatures are the stuff I paint most this can be fun.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Youngest Vxen's boyfriend mentioned my miniature painting to a friend of his.

Result:

I got a box of miniatures for the Board Game- Dark Souls which that friend would like me to paint for him.

Since Evil miniatures are the stuff I paint most this can be fun.

Be careful! You may wind up actually playing a game with minis!

• Haha 11

A Happy Fourth of July to you all!

Whether or not you celebrate it locally as a recognized holiday, it is a date that is noteworthy, if not downright earth shaking.

And Now - - - The Quest for Barbecue will commence.

We're going to the Famous Dave's in Reno.

GEM

Hoping you all have unsinged digits when we get back.

• Like 9

Just so you know.... Phaerlocks really don't like being hunted to collect their skulls...  I mean, well, yeah, sure.  But I mean they reeeallly don't like it.  After I collected the ten skulls I needed, which also involved killing around 50-70 goblins and about a dozen goblin hexers as well, I had to fight my way back down the tunnels through about three dozen more of the scaly bipedal bastards and another fifty goblins... Jeez, touchy little buggers. I mean, it's not like the dead ones were using those skulls anymore.  :rolleyes:

Hmm? What? Oh, right...Playing Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale on the 'puter for the past few hours.

Spoiler

It's based on the 4E rules, and the elf archer rogue's four powers basically could be called three-round-burst, shotgun, sniper rifle and airstrike, lol. Obviously, she's a pretty easy character to play through with - you just gotta make sure you hit first, hit hard, and hit from as far away as possible. It doesn't take much to get in a few good shots on the badder bad guys and take out some mooks before they even know you're there... Most guys go down well before they reach her, but with her Dodge ability she can go toe-to-to full-on Legolas if she wants to.

:blues:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Snuck Megan and Brigid to the top of a parking garage.

Westbrook is a small city, surrounded by other towns and cities.

From the rooftop we could see not one, not two, not three, not four, but five (5!) fireworks displays.

And the wind was just right to smell the blackpowder smoke. ::):

Amazingly, Sammy did not have a panic this year, despite there not being any 4th to speak of last year, he seemed used to it this year.

The Auld Grump

• Like 13

It is now 10:45 pm.

Fireworks have been nonstop since before 6 pm.

We "upgraded" neighborhoods when we moved, but that also means that we live in an area where folks have more disposable income to spend on things like fireworks.

I will be happy when things quiet down again.

• Like 9
On 7/3/2021 at 9:46 AM, Chaoswolf said:

So, who's watching Loki? What do you think of it so far?

(Careful of spoilers, I'm current, but others may not be.)

Visit Beautiful Lamentis 1 - Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The sun is going down and the fireworks are picking up. Nevermind the fact that everything out here is dry as a bone. Thankfully, my mom gave me some heavy masks, so when someone lights part of the state on fire, I guess I'll be okay. <_<

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

We had BBQ. ::)::wub:

Wife had pulled pork and I had pulled pork plus St Louis Style Ribs [beef].

We both brought boxes of deliciousness home, for later consumption.

We were both comfortably full when we left the restaurant.

-

Surprise of the year!  Somebody picked up our dinner check. ::o::winkthumbs:

Only reason I can figure is because wife and were wearing matching shirts, USA Flag with an eagle superimposed.

I'm liking our new area more and more every passing day.

-

Can you believe Joey Chestnut?  The already World Champion Hot Dog Eater once again won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest and broke his own record by downing 76 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  :upside:

GEM

• Like 8

I threw tea at the ocean for the 4th, from up in Canada. I am still an American, after all. Freedom and liberty for all, or the ocean gets the tea again. English breakfast black tea, of course.

Otherwise, some errands, a small amount of painting, and plenty of playing with the lizard. Zevi is best dragon.

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Aussie is sicker'n hell. Diarrhea all day, vomiting tonight. No idea what she possibly could've gotten into or a hold of, but she is one pitiful baby. I've shut her in the kitchen to sleep, which she really doesn't like, but I can't clean any more carpet. It's turned into a long day. Though at least it's only been vomit inside so far. x_x

Corgi is fine, so hopefully it's nothing contagious and will pass soon. Think I'll set an alarm to take her out in a few hours. If she doesn't wake me first. Guess I could leave her out, but I hate to do that on account of there's no roof out back. Not that it's supposed to rain. But anyway. Meh.

*collapses*

• Sad 12

Ac unit in the bedroom blocked most of the noise tonight.  Neighbors across the street & in a house about a street down were very active this weekend. I can imagine the mess they are going to leave (which of course they will). Hopefully no spent aerials in my backyard, unlike last year.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I threw tea at the ocean for the 4th, from up in Canada. I am still an American, after all. Freedom and liberty for all, or the ocean gets the tea again. English breakfast black tea, of course.

I hope you put the milk in first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I'm still confused a little by this historical event, my main concern, was the tea paid for after you rebels threw it in the ocean?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

A few things you might find interesting that happened on July 5th:

• 1687 – Isaac Newton published Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica, containing his laws of motion.

• 1937 – Spam, the luncheon meat, was introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation.

• 1996 – Dolly the sheep became the first mammal cloned from an adult cell.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4