Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

So I just seen on the morning news, the cooldown that was happening on Thursday has been moved to Sunday now.....sigh.

So around 2 weeks straight of 100+ degree temps. Cool down on Thursday was around 97 (yah if you call that a cooldown), Sunday suppose to be 95. Vacation starts that day so I guess it's ok as I won't be as active as I would be.

Currently 69, suppose to be around 101.

• Like 9
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:
8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I threw tea at the ocean for the 4th, from up in Canada. I am still an American, after all. Freedom and liberty for all, or the ocean gets the tea again. English breakfast black tea, of course.

I'm still confused a little by this historical event, my main concern, was the tea paid for after you rebels threw it in the ocean?

Of course it was, we're not TOTALLY uncivilized. 

We paid with musket balls.:devil:

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
10 hours ago, strawhat said:

It is now 10:45 pm.

Fireworks have been nonstop since before 6 pm.

We "upgraded" neighborhoods when we moved, but that also means that we live in an area where folks have more disposable income to spend on things like fireworks.

Things were going here until 2am.  I think my neighbors spent the GDP of a small european nation on fireworks last night.  DH and I walked around and saw several good displays being put on in the street. I'm amazed at what can be bought without a permit these days.  Won't be surprised if there's more noise tonight. 

• Like 10

My better half spend the weekend visiting friends so me and my sons started a clandestine project to refloor the upstairs bathroom before she got back.  the project was a success, though not without some learning experiences.  However, the job was completed before she got home and all was in place.  Clean up was not quite complete so it wasnt a complete surprise but still 48 hours to rip the old floor up resurface the subfloor and put down the new floor and trim was a pretty impressive endeavor

happy the noise level continues day!

• Like 14

Lots of fireworks in the area here the past two nights, probably will end up with a third night too. All the noise and the stench in the air, smelled like a million matches had been lit. Blah.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, haldir said:

3a1eln1mape31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I almost did that.

On a 550cc Yamaha.  Engine started making "noises" that got rapidly louder until the final [and expensive] noise was the sound of a connecting rod breaking and sending pieces through the engine casing.   Hot oil immediately was ejected and landed on the exhaust pipes, catching fire and putting me in the position of riding a very broke bike at 70 mph on a busy freeway with a fire burning in the "engine room".  By maintaining a cool head I was able to disengage the clutch at the first noise and got the bike into neutral and headed for the side of the road.  Fortunately, the fire went out from the wind blast and I was able to coast the rest of the way to the ramp, exit the freeway and make it to the parking lot of a handily nearby Pilot.

Unless you are actually Ghost Rider I don't recommend the experience, and you can add this anecdote to why a full set of leathers should be the standard riding ensemble for anyone who sallies forth on two wheels.  This is just one of a number of "interesting" encounters I have had involving fire in a lifetime of adventures.

Hope you are all recovering from the 4th of July festivities.  We're planning to have leftover barbecue and I'm starting to shove boxes around in my office, trying to impose order on the chaos of everything landing where it could find an open space during the move in process.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Okay. Need someone to pick a number between 1-5, then another person to pick a number between 1-6, and a final one for 1-10.

Rather than hitting a randomizer, or doing a random number spreadsheet, I figured I'd like the Randomness thread randomly pick a random figure for me to randomly paint.

At some point that is. Haven't brushed in months.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8