• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice use of clutter and a well made piece.  You might check out Clanmac's junktown scrapyard crew thread on the post appoc board at Lead Adventure forum for some more ideas.  The thread is 89 pages long and the majority is well used cluttered terrain.  Might give you some more ideas of materials to work with and things that you can do.   Un-photobucked photos start on page 9.

Edited by snitchythedog

Beautiful!  That looks like a pretty convincing blue tarp up top!  😄  Also, personally, I don't think I'd see this as veering into "diorama territory" unless either: a) It had an incorporated backdrop that would prevent it from being worked into a tabletop setup; b) It had permanently affixed characters (someone tending the stall, a dog standing there).

(And sometimes I'll still use pieces that go under "A" or "B" for scene-setting.  I can just tell the players, "No, there isn't really a guy standing there.  You scared him off when you started shooting the place up.  I'm not going to break the figure off the base just for WYSIWYG, good grief!"  😉  )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/21/2021 at 2:03 PM, Othikent said:

Glad you like it! When I was building it I was worried I got too bogged been in details. But I was also having too much fun to not add all the bits. 

Oh, I've definitely gone overboard before, trying to cram too many bits into too small of a space, but I think you've got it just about right.  There's enough to look like, "Yes, there would actually be something to buy here," without being packed to the gills.  Importantly, the counter-top is mostly clear save for a bag to one side, a register(?) that looks like it belongs there, and a single magazine.  

I really like the box to one side, oddly enough.  It doesn't come across as just some cardstock easily enough cut into a little box shape, but it's got some gradient brown going on, giving the impression of wear (like this box has been reused a few times, and possibly has been out in the elements).

• Like 1