Your opinions on Dwarven Forge Terrain?

The Dwarven Forge pieces are beautiful but my reasoning for avoiding them is different than most. 

I don't like the walls. 

They restrict the bases that can fit, and they require having just the right pieces to make various configurations. 

My go to are the Stones Dungeon Tiles from Frontline Gaming that featured in a couple of the Bones Kickstarters.  With no walls, they are far quicker to set up/tear down, and easier to store. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

The Dwarven Forge pieces are beautiful but my reasoning for avoiding them is different than most. 

I don't like the walls. 

They restrict the bases that can fit, and they require having just the right pieces to make various configurations. 

My go to are the Stones Dungeon Tiles from Frontline Gaming that featured in a couple of the Bones Kickstarters.  With no walls, they are far quicker to set up/tear down, and easier to store. 

a lot depends on what you are looking for.  Its a balance of reality vision and imagination.  I like to show off the pieces and i like my final battles to be showpieces but I still have the most fun with paper and pencil, working out the maps and letting the dungeon world grow inside my head.  

OTOH those walls let me give a much creepier vibe when i am running more of a horror theme as the players are jockeying for the position of not being in the front or last in line 

• Like 1