Iron Wind Metals Arcana Unearthed Female Giant, sculpted by John Winter

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Beautiful work on all the details once again, I love the way the runes put out on the staff. She would be perfect as an authoritarian half-giant druidess character.

Thank you Metalchaos!

the runes were actually sculpted into the staff, so I just filled them in with a few shades of green!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, 72moonglum said:

Thank you Metalchaos!

the runes were actually sculpted into the staff, so I just filled them in with a few shades of green!

I like the contrast between the green runes and the ivory staff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

I like the contrast between the green runes and the ivory staff.

Thanks, my goto colors for staves are either shield brown or later that pale, creamy ivory, and the runes give it a certain nice color accent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all you Reaperthalians!

Here's another figure I just got done with, Shara Darksteel, a Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals figure.    I really like her skull mask, and tried to give her some darker slightly Gothy colors, without making her just black, and her robe ended up looking more or less like a monk's robe.

my settings that I use seem to tamp down the color of these figures, her hair is much more vibrant and the features on her bolts are a lot more red.

I used bright skin as her base color, which was a color I hadn't used in quite a while so that was nice to do something different.  

I wish I knew who the sculptor was for this miniature, but not quite sure. Might have to hunt her down in the Lost Mini Wiki.

So anyhoos, more to come as long as breath flows from my body and my hands don't shake!

Hope everybody had a nice Turkey Day!

• By 72moonglum
      Good afternoon my Reapergogglians!

So just finished up Ann Penchyk, a Shadowrun character apparently (don't know too much about Shadowrun still, after months and months of painting different Shadowrun figures.

I really dig this little blister pack, where we have Ann dressed in her corporate 9-5 job, and then the another version of her, the "adventurer" version of her.  So with that in mind, I at least tried to keep her skin tones, hair color, et cetera the same so it looks like she just might be the same gal in different attire.

9-5 Ann:

and how she spends her time Shadowrunning on the weekend:

and here they are together, side by side:

This is the first Shadowrun orc I've painted and from what I could tell with all the other artwork I've found on line, Shadowrun orcs can be any normal person's skin color, so even though I thought it was a bit strange, I painted her starting out with Tanned Highlights and worked up and down from there instead of doing some type of green base.

So ta-ta for now, hope you enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a dragon I completed Yesterday. This is a Ral Partha 10-463, T'Char Dragon of The Flame and Fury sculpted by Sandra Garrity in 1992. I bought this model in 1993 and assembled it in 1995. It has been on a shelf all these years. It’s a pleasure to see it finally painted. This amazing sculpt is 175mm tall, almost 7 inches at the top of the wings. The original model comes with a nice base around which I added more rocks and branches. I made the flames with Liquitex heavy gel and 3d printed a 125mm wide base to complete the vignette. Nowadays, this 12-piece dragon is still available from Iron Wind Metals. I painted it exclusively with Reaper MSP paint.

Here’s the list of colors I used;

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all you Reaper Spirits!

So just finished these two, that I think to belong in a single blister, but not quite sure.  Ral Partha High Elf fighters, a male and female.  With High Elves, I always have color issues, but end up invariably towards blues and grays.

Just a few of a great number of elf figures Chris FitzPatrick sculpted for Partha back in the day!
      Enjoy!
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello Reaperdeepers!

So got this one finished, a classic Sandra Garrity figure from her Ral Partha days, Ciera the Swordmistress:

not sure if it's noticeable, but as I had asked Anne Forester this morning on her Twitch show about chainmail still having empty, unpainted holes.  This is what I was referring to. I did washes and it didn't get into each every hole.  As per @dks I need to get in there and individually try to fill them. I'll try that for the next figure, t that is what I ended up with for now.

Anyways, a small and simple figure, fun to paint, hope you enjoy her!