• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments everyone. @Glitterwolf, you give me an idea with that don Quixote meme. If I can find suitable miniatures, it would make a funny diorama to have a knight errant attacking the windmill in front of his squire's stunned eyes.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

Thanks for your comments everyone. @Glitterwolf, you give me an idea with that don Quixote meme. If I can find suitable miniatures, it would make a funny diorama to have a knight errant attacking the windmill in front of his squire's stunned eyes.

If you could find this Old Warhammer mini he might be the perfect guy.

He was a Mordheim Knight.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-29 160532.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Rigel said:

Beautiful stonework, especially with the rust-dripping stains from the anchors!

6 hours ago, Iridil said:

Fantastic terrain - from the fabric to the stones to the copper top - nice

@Rigel and @Iridil, thanks for the kind words I'm glad you like it. I enjoyed painting that model so much, I'll definitely paint some more this year.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, Glitterwolf said:

If you could find this Old Warhammer mini he might be the perfect guy.

He was a Mordheim Knight.

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-29 160532.jpg

@Glitterwolf I saw these model on eBay today. They must be rare as the auction is starting at 50U$.

I like the limited edition from Sarissa Precision too. It comes with their Mediterranean Farmstead. it's on sale at £57.50.

image.png.009e98d3fed9aa84bcaedce7dc04bc2e.png

• Like 3

@Metalchaos those are OOP/RARE minis these days.

You could of course go for Gamezone Miniatures and look at their Imperial Soldiers range, those look like Spanish troops.

Maybe there is something in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, something different this time. I just completed a Tabletop World Water Well. Like I mentioned in the WIP, my main goal was to add weathering effect on the well lid and wood. I painted the lid using the non metallic metal (nmm) technique and then added the verdigris effect. For the copper nmm I used 09030 Leather Brown, 09031 Tanned Leather, 29825 Tusk Ivory and 09039 Pure White. Then, for the verdigris I used a blend of 29848 Jungle Camo, 09294 Alien Goo and 09282 Maggot White.

I also added rust effect on the metal parts as well as rust stains on the wood (below the nails mainly). I finally added shading 09255 Black Wash on some areas to give more contrast to the wooden beams and shingles. Although it doesn’t really show much, I added water effect in the bucket. I may need to add an additional drop. I also added the vine growing alongside the beam on the opposite side of the crank wheel, moss between the shingles and various other plants and flowers.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I had painted this Wizards of the Coast 88362, Hammerer years ago and it was the perfect model to practice weathering effect. So, I took it a step farther last weekend during Reaper Virtual Expo. I followed the advices David Cecil and Justin McCoy give over their respective Weathering Effects classes. I added rust, oil leaks, blood and improved the scratches. I also added mud between the stone tiles on the base and enhanced the glowing effect of the eye and runes. This model was sculpted by Jim Warner.

Side-by-side comparison, before and WIP.

• By Glitterwolf
      Started painting my Townhouse from Tabletop World.

Scale 75 Inktense Wood.

• By Sharkbelly
      I am finally getting around to painting this after a few years on my shelf. I primed the bottom section grey because of all the stone, and the top sections brown because of all the wood.

• By Darcstaar
      These were the third installment of my Bones 1 WIPs.
      Which is metal?  Which is BONES?
      You'll have to check out the WIP to decide!
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86504-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-3-oxidation-beast/&tab=comments#comment-1834708

Hope you enjoy, and I hope it helps people see that there isn't always a loss of detail between BONES and Pewter.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)